Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What really happened Osama bin Laden

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

He died years ago
    yekahS wrote: »
    How exactly was KSM able to provide them with the info to where bin Laden's courier was? I mean he's been in solitary for the last 7 years?
    I presume it's possible that he told them about who knew whom. It's really not much more complicated than that. Have you ever looked into the counter-terrorist applications of data-mining? Facsinating stuff.

On the other hand, as I said, I would expect anyone to lie to cover the true source of their intelligence. And it seems the Neo-Cons have been telling everyone that the info only came out due to waterboard torture on SKM, trying to swing public opinion to regard it as acceptable - never mind the fact that the official line is that waterboarding extracted nothing from SKM and he only started providing info when traditional interrogation techniques were adopted because the torture got them nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Tom Fiat

He is alive and well somewhere
    so now OBL was chucked out of a hellicopter
    this stinks man, real good stink off this
    The USA has lost much respect across the universe in my opinion

He died years ago
    Tom Fiat wrote: »
    so now OBL was chucked out of a hellicopter
    Source please?

just heard it on Newstalk and RTE news

apparently the body was dumped out of a chopper over sea
    so much for the dignified burial.

He died years ago
    just heard it on Newstalk and RTE news

apparently the body was dumped out of a chopper over sea
    so much for the dignified burial.
    Two points:

1. I'll need to have a good source for this because there's another faked picutre doing the rounds of a burial at sea. Of course, it may well be true.

2. Is it worse being pushed off a helicopter than being pushed off an aircraft carrier? :confused: On a practical point, the deck of a carrier is pretty high, so the body might have reached terminal velocity before hitting the water. A helicopter could get closer to the water and deliver the body with a slightly more dignified, lower-speed splashdown.

• Advertisement

mocking this death and burial will do you no good my friend.

He died years ago
    mocking this death and burial will do you no good my friend.
    What??

You heard me.
    Although it is perfectly reasonable for you not to share his beliefs, many dont, mocking his death is wholly disrespectful.
    That is the end of this matter I hope.

He died years ago
    You heard me.
    Although it is perfectly reasonable for you not to share his beliefs, many dont, mocking his death is wholly disrespectful.
    I heard you say that I was mocking his death and burial. I did no such thing. I suggest you read what I actually wrote rather than what you wanted to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

He died years ago
    You heard me.

Odd statement. He didn't mock his death in any way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

You heard me.

What a bizarre thing to say????

There was no mocking.

Something very wrong with people on this , too much seeing what they want to see and not enough attention to detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

He died years ago
    I don't think monty disrespected anyone either.anyway I don't think Osama is dead I think the yanks have him somewhere questioning him and when they have what they want then they will drop him off a chopper and release all the photos people want then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

He died years ago
    You heard me.

Poor Bin Laden, I was awake all night worrying about his death, as I'm sure he used to when a market place full of Iraqis was blown up.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Interesting article (depending on your ability to objectively analyse a piece of prose without getting all hot and bothered) here which sheds an interesting light on the subject matter of this thread - namely that The US announced the killing of Osama bin Laden just as Wikileaks completed its publication of Guantanamo files - which claim the US had actually known the whereabouts of OBL since 2005.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

He died years ago
    luketitz wrote: »
    Interesting article (depending on your ability to objectively analyse a piece of prose without getting all hot and bothered) here which sheds an interesting light on the subject matter of this thread - namely that The US announced the killing of Osama bin Laden just as Wikileaks completed its publication of Guantanamo files - which claim the US had actually known the whereabouts of OBL since 2005.

Hmmmm
    In England, the Guardian is the leading newspaper for calls to war.

Riiiight......
    The Guantanamo files reveal utter wretchedness of Osama’s unlucky followers. With exception of a few dozen close associates, the rest of the prisoners made a wrong choice ever listening to him. They (especially foreigners) were idealists, who wanted to establish the Kingdom of God upon the earth;

Yes that's what suicide bombing women murderers are. Idealists.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He died years ago
    luketitz wrote: »

Are you aware of that guy's (Israel Shamir) history?.. colourful to say the least - http://reason.com/archives/2010/12/14/the-assange-employees

I'm not usually one for ad hominem attacks, but since you mention objectivity in your post, the more facts you have at hand to form a conclusion, the better.. right?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Reports that Obama has decided not to release any photos at all. Looks like I'll be staying on the fence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

He died years ago
    namloc1980 wrote: »
    Reports that Obama has decided not to release any photos at all. Looks like I'll be staying on the fence.

The Daily Show pointed out that the wealth of information that proves Buzz Aldrin went to the moon is exhausting. There's also Video of him walking on the moon. Yet Buzz Aldrin still has to punch the lights of conspiracy theorists who call him a liar and fraud.

The USA could have parachuted a elite Al Jazeera documentary crew to film the death of Bin Laden, in 3-D Hi Def. They could give him a full autopsy and filmed his sister identifying the body. Found a detailed video blog and confession from Bin Laden explaining the attacks.

And it still wouldn't be enough for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Di0genes wrote: »
    The Daily Show pointed out that the wealth of information that proves Buzz Aldrin went to the moon is exhausting. There's also Video of him walking on the moon. Yet Buzz Aldrin still has to punch the lights of conspiracy theorists who call him a liar and fraud.

The USA could have parachuted a elite Al Jazeera documentary crew to film the death of Bin Laden, in 3-D Hi Def. They could give him a full autopsy and filmed his sister identifying the body. Found a detailed video blog and confession from Bin Laden explaining the attacks.

The difference is that there actually IS a wealth of info about Apollo: photos, rocks etc. Very little has been produced for this incident and scepticism is warranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I am unsure/ Open to all possibilities.
    Di0genes wrote: »

thats a bit much we all want to see that he is actually dead dont we?
    wheres the body? supposedly at sea,where is the evidence?

now obama will not release the pictures what the fcuk does that tell you?

BOLL!XS

• Advertisement

He died years ago
    namloc1980 wrote: »
    The difference is that there actually IS a wealth of info about Apollo: photos, rocks etc. Very little has been produced for this incident and scepticism is warranted.
    That's the difference, but still a substantial percentage of people - in the face of a wall of evidence - still choose to believe something else. I guess you are talking about the people in the 'middle ground', who'd like to see some photographic evidence at least. CT fans will tell you that the Yanks could easily knock out a fake if they wanted (in fact, whatever they eventually produce will be declared fake anyway). That fact that they aren't bothering, I would not construe as evidence that the guy did not die.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

He died years ago
    Incidentally, did you go back and read that crap...that utter faeces that you posted

It must really annoy you to have posted such dung and tag it to yourself.

pacman.gif
    It's a good thing you have such high standards yourself isn't it? Like this link
    You know, the one with all the grammatical and spelling errors that actually thinks the fake bin Laden photo is real?

The shame.

Its very likely that bin Laden's corpse with a gun shot wound to the face would no longer resemble the bin Laden we saw a number of years ago I'm not sure if releasing the photo would do more good then harm.

Also if the USA really were the big bad would they not just stick to the story that he was armed? People seem sure he died many years ago or that he is still alive now, sorry guys but the burden of proof is still on you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

He died years ago
    if he was not dead, he'd make another video saying so and that would be the end of Obama, so he's definitely dead. But I am still wondering if he was killed in the way the americans state.

He died years ago
    Think of the implications of the US ever being caught out in a lie like this. The government would fall and it would probably be the end of America as we know it.
    Whatever benefits would come from it simply don't justify the risks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

I've never posted a conspiracy theory before. Seeing as a multitude of people from a range of different sectors of society are calling for proof of OBL's demise, I don't think this really is a conspiracy theory in the way we normally think of conspiracy theories.

There are several pieces to this story that don't add up;
    1. They found him but instead of dropping a bomb on him they risked their lives and his possible escape by sending in SEALS.
    2. Even though he was unarmed and they stated that they wanted to take him alive, they killed him. I don't believe this for a moment. Surely a highly trained SEAL would be able to immobilise OBL. In fact when you think about it, surely there would be so much propaganda value in taking him prisoner that they would have done all in their power to do so and would have achieved it, had he been unarmed.
    3. If he wasn't armed why did they have to shoot him up so badly that they now say the photos are gruesome.
    4. His wife who they killed is now alive but has a bad limp. How they hell could anyone, especially a military person get a detail as important as this wrong.
    5. They confirmed his identity by getting the fastest DNA test in the history of DNA tests (it must have been like one if those pin prick cholesterol tests you buy in the chemists). I'm sure the US has probably perfected the art of the fast DNA test for identifying their victims but it seems almost too efficient to be true.
    6. Because they respect Muslims so much they buried him really quickly and at sea, a convenient side effect of which is that we will never know what happened.

You would think that the States has enough conspiracy theories (man on the moon, JFK, etc) that if they could they would ensure that this doesn't become another.

I don't know what happened to OBL but if I were to hazard a guess I'd say that the powers that be only became aware that he is dead, recently. Maybe they killed him in a missile attack a couple of years ago but didn't know it until now or maybe he died of heart failure, kidney failure etc and they only got confirmation of it lately. There was no propaganda value in just announcing it so they staged a firefight.

I'm sure there are holes in this theory but its at least as credible as the official story.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

It's a good thing you have such high standards yourself isn't it? Like this link

You know, the one with all the grammatical and spelling errors that actually thinks the fake bin Laden photo is real?

The shame.

Brilliant :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ajraf

I am unsure/ Open to all possibilities.
    Wether he's dead or not, american troops did not just get him in the last week. they never once cofirmed it was him constantly saying "99.9% sure" and "virtually 100%". the respect the islam religion?? did osama respect their country??? bull****. White house also said they would have prevented his death even though one of the agents reportadily said to an american news reporter that the were sent on a kill mission.
    We know the americans are best at cover ups. how are we supposed to believe this? why is it taking so long for reports to be brought back?? was this not supposed to be the must important mision of all time for americans?? it took less than 24 hours to fly in and apparently obama was watching the mission on a tv set. why would it take so long for info to get back? a lot of bull**** went on. We'll never know the truth in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He died years ago
    johndoe99 wrote: »
    if he was not dead, he'd make another video saying so and that would be the end of Obama, so he's definitely dead. But I am still wondering if he was killed in the way the americans state.

I agree with that. I believe he was killed in what the US are referring to as the 'raid' but I'm unconvinced of the specifics of what happened during and in the run-up to the assault. I can't help but feel that the CIA et al knew about his whereabouts for longer than they are letting on either.

Also, re: a new tape.. one is 'expected' to surface soon - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/new-osama-bin-laden-tape-_n_856711.html

He died years ago
    Also, re: a new tape.. one is 'expected' to surface soon - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/new-osama-bin-laden-tape-_n_856711.html
    You would expect that he would have made one (or more, updating it every now and again) to inspire and rally the troops 'in the event of my death', and to secure his place as a hero/martyr.

• Advertisement

He died years ago
    Chipboard wrote: »
    They confirmed his identity by getting the fastest DNA test in the history of DNA tests (it must have been like one if those pin prick cholesterol tests you buy in the chemists). I'm sure the US has probably perfected the art of the fast DNA test for identifying their victims but it seems almost too efficient to be true.

5hours maximum dna test
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/post.cfm?id=how-do-you-id-a-dead-osama-anyway-2011-05-02

Advertisement