Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

Advanced Driving Lessons in Childers Road, Limerick. Lesson 1 - parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

golden8 wrote: »
    Advanced Driving Lessons in Childers Road, Limerick. Lesson 1 - parking.

That is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Here's a good example of people that need this thread to help vent their frustration -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056016003

That's a step too far, is bad parking worth losing your job over?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

The Dagda wrote: »
    Am I the only person that thinks that people taking pictures of how cars are parked is pointless and sad?!! :o

I think it was a bit sad you came in here then. Was the subject title not descriptive enough? Were you somehow surprised by the contents?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

phill106 wrote: »
    I think it was a bit sad you came in here then. Was the subject title not descriptive enough? Were you somehow surprised by the contents?
    This has already been dealt with, let's all move on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Spotted this today at Artane Castle. For people familiar with it this mini-jeep is parked almost across a trolley bay, beside wheel chair parking and isn't a space at all, its a cobbled pedestrian area.

Sorry for the bad picture, I had to take it sharpish as the owner was standing next to me. Also, i though my phone was silent until I heard the very loud shutter sound of the photo and then I had to flee the area!

IMG20100831_001.jpg

Also done a drive by:

IMG20100831_002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyone need a builder with a conscience? Smyths Liffey Valley

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9182/130os.jpg

2nd is in Tramore , the steps up to the walkway at the beach. Picture is poor, I wasnt long up after sleeping in the van :)

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4585/140cdo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Some quality parking by the management company of business park where I work:

X5 from last week:

4945162882_538e37e989_b.jpg

The driver was even able to outdo the last weeks quality parking attempt today:

4945162894_084e9fff0f_b.jpg

The 5 series is a repeat offender too.

Not even a half-arsed attempt at parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

samih wrote: »
    The management company? Why don't you just ring them and tell them to cop on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

You'd love to just box him in in the second shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭analfabets

whyulittle wrote: »
    You'd love to just box him in in the second shot.
    Yes I would:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

samih wrote: »

X5 from last week:

how, just how:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Stekelly wrote: »
    Anyone need a builder with a conscience? Smyths Liffey Valley

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9182/130os.jpg
    When did this happen? Just wondering if it is worth calling or texting the number on his van to say thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

When did this happen? Just wondering if it is worth calling or texting the number on his van to say thanks?

About 2 weeks ago i think it was. No more than 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Here's one outside B&Q in Galway. Ok he is getting into the car but he was there around 20 minutes as I was sitting in the car working when he arrived.

GIT!

Sorry about my thumb

IMG_0084.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Ah sure doesn't he half to put heavy stuff in the boot........poor guy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Berty wrote: »

Sorry about my thumb

Quick, do a search for his fingerprints!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Chippy01

Take a look at this poster that I saw on a Maxol garage wall in Bray.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but at first it appears to says :(''Poor Ford driver boxed in by inconsiderate 4x4 driver.'':(

But look at the picture again.
    It's the Ford driver that has parked too close to the dividing line of a parking bay, and has effectively boxed himself in....:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what message the poster is supposed to give, or to whom, but it sure gave me a laugh.....:D

Chippy01 wrote: »
    Take a look at this poster that I saw on a Maxol garage wall in Bray.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but at first it appears to says :(''Poor Ford driver boxed in by inconsiderate 4x4 driver.'':(

But look at the picture again.
    It's the Ford driver that has parked too close to the dividing line of a parking bay, and has effectively boxed himself in....:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what message the poster is supposed to give, or to whom, but it sure gave me a laugh.....:D

What poster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Chippy01

edited my last post...

23:08:2010 14:06:32

Right here -

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=53.3505&mlon=-6.405333333333333&layers=B000FTF

Gotta love EXIF data. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

Tesco Maynooth, 31-Aug-2010

SNC00271.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Stekelly wrote: »
    2nd is in Tramore , the steps up to the walkway at the beach. Picture is poor, I wasnt long up after sleeping in the van :)

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4585/140cdo.jpg

That's actually not the worst in the world as the road behind the car is one way and plenty wide and there's obviously enough room to use the steps. What's worse out there happens further down in that picture opposite the toilet building you can see - it's a ramp up and is right at the end of the stretch of parking bays yet people often park there, blocking large parts of the disabled access. The whole point of where it is is that the last parking space is disabled parking so there's loads of room to get disabled people out of their vehicle and up the ramp onto the walkway without any hassle. But people are arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

01092010186.jpg

01092010187.jpg

Seen this in Tralee on my way shopping, when I was coming out a hour later was still the same, its taken up 4 spaces. I know emptyish carpark, but they coulda at least gave a shot at getting it parked in just 1 space:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Vevay Rd Bray yesterday..i'm sitting ,parked waiting for wifey, this yoke pulls in ,back doors open ,4 kids jump out and run into shops followed by the mother (i'm guessin the other 12 kids were at home in the caravan house..)

Theres a free space to my left and one directly in front of her car and theres a blue Audi blocked in behind her car....::knac......women..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Seen at Superquinn Ballinteer this morning around 8.45 am - I guess this answers the question about whether Parent/Child spaces are legally binding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

^^^
    that is brilliant!! it must have been bring your kid to work day:)
    i think there was a post a while back with a different garda car doing the same thing??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Tesco Ardkeen in Waterford Monday morning:

31082010.jpg

31082010(001).jpg

How do disabled parking space users keep their cool, they must be ready to go postal every time they go shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Tesco Ardkeen in Waterford Monday morning:

31082010.jpg

31082010(001).jpg

How do disabled parking space users keep their cool, they must be ready to go postal every time they go shopping.

It's just unbelievable. What kind of people do this kind of thing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement