Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magic!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

mysteria wrote:
    You're NOT an initiate and have NO RIGHT to demand any more information than I am prepared to share

What rights? Who said anything about rights? I've reminded everyone several times that no one is under any compulsion to discuss anything that they don't want to. You opened the gates by bringing up certain things, and its downright naive to expect us not to ask questions.
    so please don't even mention my name again

Who are you to make requests of me, after you have so thoroughly ignored mine? Does this mean that "Psychic Queen of Ireland" is your name? Or at least a title you accept? It is indeed the title used in the webpage which your own profile has a link to.
    as you are an insulting little TWIT who is really annoyed a woman cleverer than you exists.END OF!

Your inability to maintain any sort of coherent argument is a testament to how false a statement that is. Not to mention the fact that you've managed to, ironically, butcher such a simple sentence. You've yet to give any clear impression of what it is you do, or how you do it, and yet become infuriated when asked what are actually rather obvious questions.

Not to mention the fact that you simply ignore any points you don't know how to respond to. Which shows either a clumsy attempt at avoiding having to respond to them, or it shows an inability to keep a grasp of whats being discussed. Or maybe you're so self centred that you don't realise that other people have opinions at all...?
    I've studied and got some qualifications, but they seem way more important to others than they are to me.

Which I find an odd thing to say, considering that you have taken every single opportunity to remind us of these things. Even some opportunities where it was quite unneccessary actually. In fact, at many occasions you seem to act as if listing qualifications is an acceptable response to a question, instead of actually answering the question.

And just so you know, no amount of degrees and diplomas, or books or shows, say anything about your intelligence or knowledge if you are unable to conduct yourself with a shred of competency in a discussion like this. Which you have utterly failed to do.

I have been unable to find a review of your book by the way, do you have a link to one?

Also, in my explorations, I noticed that people are charged 2.50e a minute to hear your astrological predictions... Also, you sell energised stones. You actually sell people magic rocks? Not rocks that are inherently magic, but normal everyday rocks that you have made magic?

Also, you asked me to explain the hypocrite comments, would you care to respond to my explanation? Would you find it to be an unfair thing to say?

Finally, would you care to tell us something about this Institute that you are director of? How big is it? Does it have a website? (I'll point out that this is probably the fourth or fifth time this has been asked.)

EDIT: Also, I'll point out that its very bad show to begin insulting me directly after I apoligised to you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

solas wrote:
    Mysteria might concur that there may be an astrological influence at work. Venus stood still in the skies today as she begins her retrograde phase. As a "heavenly symbol" of our emotional aspect, to astrologers this is considered significant.
    I'd put it down to traffic myself, but then again even people stuck in traffic jams have seemed to be behaving worse than usuall the last few days, you could be right.
    solas wrote:
    I found a good way to get over it all is to start opening up our christmas gifts early :)
    I'll second that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

this might be a bit OT, but with regards to the current astrological outlook, this current retrograde (which only occurs every 18mths or so) is giving us all an oppertunity to look within and put right things which have been awry for a while (since the last retro).
    initially people may feel emotional turbulance as things which we need to look at again are brought to the surface.
    Think of it as a gift.

Also, I forgot to mention Mysteria. You do ghost tours with Richard Felix? Have you met Derek Acorah? Is what you do similar to what he does?

Because he's a proven fake.

Here is the story that explains it. A little excerpt:
    While on a shoot at Bodmin gaol he invented a long-dead South African jailer called Kreed Kafer - an anagram of Derek Faker.

"I wrote the name down and asked another member of the crew to mention it to Derek before filming.

"I honestly didn't think Derek would take the bait. But during the filming he actually got possessed by my fictional character!"

I only ask because your business partner, Richard Felix, worked with Derek for years and believed him to be genuine. Is what you do not very similar to what people once believed Derek did?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

mysteria wrote:
    Well I had 80 million viewers on UTV so I suppose 3 or 4 more will really make a difference. Twit!

you must have smashed the British viewing figures so, 80 million, very impressive. :rolleyes:

http://www.gnelson.demon.co.uk/tripage/making6.html
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds25599.html

The truth is out there, but question everything.

I say this after careful study of the evidence posted here, and the testimonies of crap and supposition. :rolleyes: This kind of kookiness and rubbish is what gives the paranormal a bad name. It says it all that Sapien (who I think - despite disagreeing with him - is more an authority on cermemonial magic and has more a grasp on the theory) has declined to comment in this thread. As mentioned I disagreed with him, but he gave a valid argument which at least gave me reason to reevaluate and in fact, re-read.

Good luck to you mysteria, you obviously manage to con people as many a medium has before - what with your 80 million viewers, your intercontinental institute and your West Hollywood practice. At least Madame Blavatsky spoke some sense before she was unveiled as a fraud, I wonder from this thread if you ever have.

Solas, before you ban me to the wilderness for a spell (hehe) - I deserve it for this post in fairness, it's borne from frustration - I would thank you for pointing out the difference between Old Testament and Gospel of Jesus, which I didn't even bother to counter argue with mysteria because it was so ill informed (plucked from a web page?). It made my point perfectly.

See you in a while peeps, and Happy Christmas/Merry Well Met & Hail Wizards of the West, may the road rise up to meet you! ;)

• Advertisement

Good morning all and merry christmas.

Thats a lovely welcome for the day thats in it Kernel. I've been sitting with my child opening up presents and appreciating the good things in life and its just phenomenal to step in here and see how people treat each other. Outisde of the regulations of this forum, I just don't understand why people just cannot offer each other some sense of respect and dignity, its really not a difficult request and we would all make a whole lot more progress if everyone could accept that. I'm asking you as a human being, not as a moderator, to try to remember how others are feeling and to think carefully before you decide to post.

Your very aware of the regulations Kernel, if you don't want to participate under these terms just leave, don't plead for a ban. post edited.

peace to you and yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Kernel wrote:
    This kind of kookiness and rubbish is what gives the paranormal a bad name.

It depends on your point of view, I it don't see it as being part or the paranormal or the supernatural.
    It is very normal and just how life and the universe is for me.

Kernel babe you know you can pm me if you want and come have a chat if you
    ever make it to any of the beers.

TheCharter wrote:
    While we in no way want this forum to become a place for flaming or abuse of those who believe in the paranormal or those who have had paranormal experiences, there is always some good in discerning true paranormal experiences from events which may have other explanations.

Does that not count? Is exposing a charlatan not the same as showing an orb is dust, or a possession is sleep paralysis? Is it because he used the C word?
    Thaedydal wrote:
    It depends on your point of view, I it don't see it as being part or the paranormal or the supernatural. It is very normal and just how life and the universe is for me.

What that had to do with what Kernel wrote I don't know. Its like word association or something...

(Solas, I have my own beliefs and while they're not religious in nature they're equally important to me and I'm sorry if this doesn't fit your mood.)

zillah wrote:
    What that had to do with what Kernel wrote I don't know. Its like word association or something
    I edited kernels post, hes very aware what he wrote was offensive and a personal attack on the poster.
    Solas, I have my own beliefs and while they're not religious in nature they're equally important to me and I'm sorry if this doesn't fit your mood.
    I honest to god couldn't give a flying fart what you believe or don't believe, but as mod here I don't have to listen to the continous flaming, whining and pissing you all do in an effort to try and get your points accross.

I guess they're not feeling the magic of christmas.

• Advertisement

I doubt they would feel it if it jumped up and bit them on the arse. They may feel the thrusting of my magic wand though. Zillah and Kernel banned til they can figure out the charter. I do believe it shall be a peaceful christmas after all.

solas wrote:
    They may feel the thrusting of my magic wand though.
    And you wonder why people confuse you with a man :v:

*runs away*

knew there was something strange about the way that came out. :o
    so this is how it feels....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭jptk

How would one go about researching magic further? I realise there are books, too many books! But is there groups or people you can study with? Its something ive been interested in for years but dont know the best way to go about it. I dont even know if id like it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

I'm still very interested in a demonstration of any magick at all.
    mysteria wrote:
    PH, why don't you form a "performing monkeys" group and maybe you'll get the Uri geller/David Blaine brigade to co-operate. That is Illusionist Magic, not Esoteric Magick which is what I practise for Healing, helping and advising people.

Clearly I'm not asking for a performance but a demonstration, and there would be no need to form a group as I'd be as impressed with a demonstration from one person as I'd be from a group.

You need to be very careful if you claim 'Healing', so let's not get into that, by advice do you mean anything more than 'good common sense advice' that anyone could give? Can you see into the future for instance and give advice/predictions based on what you see?

And for what it's worth, Uri Geller has never admitted that what he does is 'Illusionist Magic' he has stated (and continues to state) that what he does is the result of phychic phenonena not understood by science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

Where did you see that I called myself a medium? I've been accused on this board of charging money for astrology lines (try the numbers, they've been dead for years, and that was the editors idea). Find one person I've charged for energised crystals.I give them away for nothing to people I feel need them. Richard Felix is not my "business partner", I've met him twice.We will give lectures together but we both have the same opinion on Acorah. (Richard is a historian, "Most Haunted" is just entertainment and I despise that sort of thing as it denigrates a valid, scientific field) no-one has bothered actually reading what I've said all along in my posts.
    1. I started posting because I thought there might be people needing advice or explanations regarding paranormal situations.
    2. I don't care what anyone thinks of me or the field I work in, I stand by my research and my works speaks for itself.
    Most of you should be on the skeptics board if all you want to do is debunk everything.

pH wrote:
    I'm still very interested in a demonstration of any magick at all.

Clearly I'm not asking for a performance but a demonstration, and there would be no need to form a group as I'd be as impressed with a demonstration from one person as I'd be from a group.

You need to be very careful if you claim 'Healing', so let's not get into that, by advice do you mean anything more than 'good common sense advice' that anyone could give? Can you see into the future for instance and give advice/predictions based on what you see?

Why do I need to be careful using the word Healing? I haven't heard of it being banned!

The Doctors I work with, and hospital I lecture in , have no problem with my using the word Healing. I'm sure there are some who would,but I've trained lots of drs. in my time( and have medical qualifications myself). And for years I've appeared on RTE's New Years Eve show making predictions that came true, in various newspapers too, for over 20yrs.

And for what it's worth, Uri Geller has never admitted that what he does is 'Illusionist Magic' he has stated (and continues to state) that what he does is the result of phychic phenonena not understood by science.
    Of course he won't admit he's a charlatan and complete chancer. He is a member of the Inner Circle o
    f Magical Illusionists in England.

Mysteria wrote:
    Why do I need to be careful using the word Healing? I haven't heard of it being banned!

The Doctors I work with, and hospital I lecture in , have no problem with my using the word Healing. I'm sure there are some who would,but I've trained lots of drs. in my time( and have medical qualifications myself). And for years I've appeared on RTE's New Years Eve show making predictions that came true, in various newspapers too, for over 20yrs.

Excellent! - is there a copy of the predictions you made for this year (2005)? What predictions are you making for next year (2006)?

Given that they were made on a TV program that was transmited on a known date, they would be extremely compelling evidence of the paranormal if they are predictions of unusual events.

In expectation ....

mysteria wrote:
    And for years I've appeared on RTE's New Years Eve show making predictions that came true, in various newspapers too, for over 20yrs.
    anything lined up for this year, or predictions for the next?

My point exactly! Shame you missed them, but the media did'nt. Year before last was the last time I worked on RTE New years eve, I've 2 book contracts that require urgent attention and have lost my interest in prediction, prefer healing and making credible, informative paranormal documentaries.

• Advertisement

Sorry I'm paid for writing my predictions, or broadcasting them, not really interested anymore.....I've been predicting publicly and correctly for way too many years now.On the Marian Finucane show in a debate with the skeptics society a few years back I had predicted Bertie Aherne breaking up with Celia Larkin, and said she would go out with someone younger than her (true).Even the skeptics were shcocked by that one. Before the Roy Keane/World Cup fiasco I was on RTE TV with Marty Whelan and Liam Mackey from Hotpress who is also a football writer I think. Anyway I was asked was Roy Keane going to score, I saide I couldnt see him doing anything on the pitch, that Robby Keane and Damien Duff would emerge as the Irish stars on the day, and that Brazil would win the cup. Liam Mackey told me I meant ROY Keane, not Robbie, as Robbie Keane wasn't in the squad . But I stuck to my guns, the lads had a giggle at me, but the rest is HISTORY!

I must say that it's not very impressive once an event has occurred to claim you predicted it beforehand. What is impressive (and paranormal) is to predict the event before it happens in a public and well documented way.

Also it is important to understand that making many predictions of which only a few come about is also not impressive, only in the context of seeing all the predictions are any that do in fact come true impressive.

Am I right in thinking that you are (or claim to be) Sandra Ramdhanie and the Marian Finucane Show on which you made the "Bertie and Celia" prediction was on the 12th September 2003 or was it a different appearance?

On a different note, what ailments and diseases exactly can you heal? What is your success rate in healing them?

Time-wasters!

in all fairness, Ph asked a reasonable question. I didn't detect any hostility in it, just curiosity.
    Theres no need for the dismissive rebuttal, you don't have to respond if you don't want to. I'm not sure anyone here wishes to be patronised.
    ph wrote:
    I must say that it's not very impressive once an event has occurred to claim you predicted it beforehand. What is impressive (and paranormal) is to predict the event before it happens in a public and well documented way.
    this has been the way of the forum since it began and there have been occasion when people have produced the goods. (and even when they have been produced have still been questioned or dismissed, so I wouldn't expect a whole lot of appreciation for any information you may choose to provide)

solas wrote:
    This has been the way of the forum since it began and there have been occasion when people have produced the goods. (and even when they have been produced have still been questioned or dismissed, so I wouldn't expect a whole lot of appreciation for any information you may choose to provide)
    Excellent, I'd trust the post date on boards.ie unless the post was made by and admin!!!! My problem being that unless I know roughly what topics the predictions were made for it would be nearly impossible to search for them.

Perhaps you could link to a couple of occasions where the goods have been produced, or failing that maybe who the posted the predictions or the topics that were covered.

I'm not prepared to be blatantly insulted and pieces of what I write nitpicked and derided. I'm an expert in my field who has always found I learn from dialogue with others. Until now. I never set out to prove my "powers", just generally tried to add some interesting points for debate and discussion. Yes my name is Sandra Ramdhanie, I had made the Celia/Bertie prediction in Mirror newspaper long before the Marian Finucane interview, in fact it was a member of the public who rang in and said I'd been predicting accurately for years, and mentioned Bertie/Celia. (I've been predicting there, doing Absent Healing, and giving FREE psychic/holistic advice to approx 1 million readers for 8 years, when I could charge what I want for personal psychic readings) So my guilty secret is out. I'm paid for writing,don't work as a psychic who charges for readings, and like helping people.And don't need "appreciation". I believe in the Psychic sciences, but I'm also incredibly scepictical and have researched this field all my life. Why the hostility Solas if it's me you're accusing of being patronising? Thought you might have a better understanding of where I'm coming from. If I don't reply I'm accused of being evasive, if I do I'm called a chancer who cons people????This is hilarious, now I'm even being accused of claiming to be myself lol.

I'm not prepared to be blatantly insulted and pieces of what I write nitpicked and derided.
    I'm not sure if it's me who's insulted you, I certainly didn't mean to insult. However if you find insult in me not accepting your claims at face value then there is little I can do, except say that the intention is not to insult.
    Until now. I never set out to prove my "powers"
    I agree, it's me who's asking for proof. There is no need on you to provide any, if you don't want to.

Ph, you are'nt the one I was referring re insults. I was talking tothose who called me a "cow" "Chancer" etc who makes a living out of conning people. I've had a lot of stick from various people on this board over the last few days, I am only human after all, so I was addressing everyone whose been posting. Apologies!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭jptk

jptk wrote:
    How would one go about researching magic further? I realise there are books, too many books! But is there groups or people you can study with? Its something ive been interested in for years but dont know the best way to go about it. I dont even know if id like it yet

anybody??:(

• Advertisement

I really wish I could help,it's extremely difficult to get any kind of Esoteric training in Ireland. When you say "research Magick", is it pure research or do you want to become a practitioner? The most common form of learning Magick in Ireland at present is Wicca, but Wicca is not Ceremonial Magick, and it can be difficult to find a coven. You can pm me if you want to know any more and I'll do my best to help, ok?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement