Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sad knowing after just 2 days its all over, tomorrow could be the last high 20s for another few years, getting above 24C anywhere in Ireland is rare as hens teeth.

I could easily enjoy this weather every single day up to mid October! Make the most of tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gonzo wrote: »
    sad knowing after just 2 days its all over, tomorrow could be the last high 20s for another few years, getting above 24C anywhere in Ireland is rare as hens teeth.

I could easily enjoy this weather every single day up to mid October! Make the most of tomorrow!

Oi, there's still August to go. And we haven't had a warm August since 2013 and an August with high temperatures over 28c since 2006. We are overdue a warm August.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Fantastic full moon here.

18.7C

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still 23C here at 10pm, absolute heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met Eireann 10pm reports and would ya look at that 21 degrees in Cavan ,Meath and Dublin :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Cooling down quickly in Kildare 18.8c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

What an absolutely beautiful evening. Salthill was mobbed but the water was gorgeous. The full moon makes for a lovely evening stroll. Heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thought it was going to be horrid humid but it's grand
    Good times !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Screen max of 26.1c today.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Thought it was going to be horrid humid but it's grand
    Good times !

Down to 15 degrees actually too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

:eek: Temp below 20!!
    19.9c now ......... must dash and put on the heating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

It's so rare to see some hi res models having the 18° isotherm @ 850 level crossing over parts if the country. Inland East areas (enough distance from the coast to negate somewhat the SE wind tapering back the temperatures), I can see a 30 easily somewhere.

I'll go wild and say we'll see a 31-32° somewhere in Leinster. If that fails, 29 or a 30 in Mt. Dillon is surely a cert given it was 27 today, far and above nearby counties maxing around 24/25. Although, depends how soon cloud cover gets going for the NW and Midlands tomorrow, might not get enough time to build up at 29 in more Western areas if sunshine becomes dispersed among broken cloud cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

10 years to the day since our highest temp recorded so far this century and since 1976. Remember it well, one of the only times I can recall that the heat left Irish people running for shade and the cooler indoors! To be fair we had already had had weeks of it that year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Gonzo wrote: »

I used to be the same but anymore I'm happy with temps of about 22/23 and sunshine. To me that is warm enough to sit out or sunbathe without affecting your routine (eg sweating by the time you walk to work or not enjoying my run because I got a headache from the heat as I did at 7pm this evening when the temps were still 26 in Dublin!!). Saying that I still don't mind these occasional extra special weather events as it does seem to put most people in a good mood but 4 months of it...maybe not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

The official record of 33.3° at Kilkenny Castle has stood since 26th June 1887. Here's an article from the Dublin Daily Express which reports on that exceptional spell as recorded at Killarney, and mentions the Kilkenny record -

kilkenny%20castle_zpszk9wlthw.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Clear blue sky here this morning.

15C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Beautiful morning here clear blue sky light breeze. 2 days in a row of great weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Overnight low here of 16.7c
    Above 18 now and rising quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Beautiful blue skies here

A crying shame I can only see it from across the office floor

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

21.0c here now in Dublin 16.

Warmer than this time yesterday, but, with easterly component to the wind (and/or sea breezes) today, I don't expect to get high temp like yesterday (28.1c).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Phoenix Park 23C at 9am!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Very warm already in Kildare touching 25c unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Blue skies here at Grange and the max is 22.4c already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Not quite so warm in Galway city but still sunny and summery so I'm not complaining.
    Currently 19.7C and rising :)

Wow 24c already at 10am at usually cooler Valentia!!

24C here now, its been years since we had temps like this this early in the day! Didn't even get this warm at any stage last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

21.7C in Castlebar so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

24c at 10:30 am at Shannon

Yesterday's hottest official station Mount Dillon, Roscommon at 25 degrees according to Met Eireanns 11am readings! I nominate there or Shannon to record the highest temps today. I feel eastern stations may be moderated somewhat today by sea breezes.

• Advertisement

easterly breeezes now starting to take effect here, now down to 23C.

Advertisement