Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeper league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

All very quiet on here lads although good to see that we're nearly all staying active. Familiar name at the top at the mo' and I don't think I'll do too much damage to Henry this week.

It's now turning into a fairly strange first quarter for my Dodgers. Even ignoring all the pitching injuries it's been odd. Josh Donaldson and Brandon Moss (!) are my top bats and the pitchers who are fit have been very hit and miss.

My big trade for Power is also yet to bear any fruit as Evan Longoria seems to have forgotten how to hit the ball. King Felix has, frankly, ruled so K Kings have definitely got the best of that so far! Plenty of time yet I hope.

My other Big Bat - Prince Fielder- is done for the year and that surgery sounds awful. Cervical fusion surgery sounds dreadful. He's obviously available for a team looking to start early re-building for next year but I can't imagine that's attractive to anyone.

Looking forward to finally seeing Taveras in a couple of weeks...
    I just about salvaged a draw which I was glad of considering I was carrying 3 injured players that I couldn't DL and wasn't prepared to drop. Agree matchups are tough this year :)

Happy enough with my team so far although I regret not keeping Puig. He has been unstoppable of late. A bit like my prospect Joc Pederson, I'm hoping the Dodgers call him up soon or trade him...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭boccy23

All very quiet on here lads although good to see that we're nearly all staying active. Familiar name at the top at the mo' and I don't think I'll do too much damage to Henry this week.

It's now turning into a fairly strange first quarter for my Dodgers. Even ignoring all the pitching injuries it's been odd. Josh Donaldson and Brandon Moss (!) are my top bats and the pitchers who are fit have been very hit and miss.

My big trade for Power is also yet to bear any fruit as Evan Longoria seems to have forgotten how to hit the ball. King Felix has, frankly, ruled so K Kings have definitely got the best of that so far! Plenty of time yet I hope.

My other Big Bat - Prince Fielder- is done for the year and that surgery sounds awful. Cervical fusion surgery sounds dreadful. He's obviously available for a team looking to start early re-building for next year but I can't imagine that's attractive to anyone.

Looking forward to finally seeing Taveras in a couple of weeks...

Very happy with my side of the deal indeed. Evan Longoria is a strange player. He has awesome talent but never seems to quite deliver on it.

Had a crazy night last night with Lonnie Chisenhall. Picked him up recently and last night he went 5 for 5 with 3 HRs and 9 RBI. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

My current disabled list:

Bryce Harper
    Jose Fernandez
    Cliff Lee
    Neil Walker
    Wil Myers
    Matt Adams

And my 2 N/A slots are also injured:

Noah Syndergaard (Sprained left shoulder)
    Alex Guerrero (Ear surgery after biting incident)

I'm deservedly last place in the league

8-10 wrote: »
    My current disabled list:

Bryce Harper
    Jose Fernandez
    Cliff Lee
    Neil Walker
    Wil Myers
    Matt Adams

And my 2 N/A slots are also injured:

Noah Syndergaard (Sprained left shoulder)
    Alex Guerrero (Ear surgery after biting incident)

I'm deservedly last place in the league

Harper is due back AFAIK.
    Would you try shopping Fernandez for 2014 help?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

Boccy,
    I'm playing you this week so I did notice your Chisenhall numbers this morning! Ian Desmond did have 5 rbi for me though...

Meanwhile Longoria goes 0 for 4 and I noticed King Felix had 15 strike outs on Sunday night. It will turn around, I know it will.

8-10 that's some luck there...

I think we'll need more DL spots next year. There are not enough to be honest.

• Advertisement

boccy23 wrote: »
    Had a crazy night last night with Lonnie Chisenhall. Picked him up recently and last night he went 5 for 5 with 3 HRs and 9 RBI. :D
    I was actually looking to pick this guy up for the series in Texas over the weekend but seen he was gone. Already had him in the non-keeper league so benefited from the once in a decade batting performance there :-)
    Boccy,
    I think we'll need more DL spots next year. There are not enough to be honest.
    Definitely agree we need more DL spots especially with keepers. A guy like Jose Fernandez goes down and that locks up the DL spot for the season. That said this season has been crazy for amount of injuries...

Would you try shopping Fernandez for 2014 help?

If I wasn't dead last I would look into what I need for the rest of the season to get into the top 4.

Don't really feel it's worth it to trade him in 2014.

Just had a quick look and I can actually increase the number of DL spots during the season. Most teams - though not all - have multiple injured players occupying bench spots. Most of those are likely keepers.

Does anyone have any objections to me adding another DL spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I did something stupid a couple of days ago, I had intended to drop Yovani Gallardo and dropped Anibal Sanchez instead, wasn't paying enough attention I suppose, stupid mistake.

Anyway, Sanchez is still on waivers, but I can't put in for him until after the waiver period is up. I contacted the Commish about reversing the drop, he said he'd look into it, and that I should see what other league members think. Not sure what the general opinion is about this. Team is Homer's Homers, by the way.

I'm ok with leaving him for you to pick up. We've had these issues in the past.

• Advertisement

I'm ok with leaving him for you to pick up. We've had these issues in the past.

Agree, honest mistake

Does anyone have any objections to me adding another DL spot?
    This would be great. Maybe to give more people a chance to respond we can add the change for the start of the next game week.
    fisgon wrote: »
    I did something stupid a couple of days ago, I had intended to drop Yovani Gallardo and dropped Anibal Sanchez instead, wasn't paying enough attention I suppose, stupid mistake.

Anyway, Sanchez is still on waivers, but I can't put in for him until after the waiver period is up. I contacted the Commish about reversing the drop, he said he'd look into it, and that I should see what other league members think. Not sure what the general opinion is about this. Team is Homer's Homers, by the way.
    Didn't notice he was available until I checked just there. I won't put a claim in either...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

fine with me regarding Sanchez.

My trading finger is getting itchy (beechwood badgers)

Also ok with DL position addition.

Additional DL spot would be good. In a Keeper League, I think it makes sense.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Totally my bad, I really should be more careful!

About the DL slot, another would be useful, I think.

Fisgon,
    Go pick Sanchez up. I've marked him as a free agent but for some reason I can't add him automatically to your roster. The wonders of Yahoo!

Thanks for sorting this out lads.

I'll add a DL spot on Monday if nobody objects.

I'll add a DL spot on Monday if nobody objects.

Not working for me today

Should be good to go now.

Let me know if it works...

FFS I just dropped Wil Myers from the wrong team, thought it was my non-keeper team (I'm adamant that it was but I had both open in different tabs), but turns out it was this one.

To be honest I'm not keen on him this year (I'm in last place anyway so not like it matters that much) and can't see him being a keeper, so he's out there for somebody to gamble on if you so feel.

Just really annoyed I did that. Was even trying to make sure I didn't while doing it. Blaming tiredness after full day's work then 4 and a half hours driving home.

What is the set up for the all star break, anyone know? It appears from Yahoo that this week continues into next Friday, Sat and Sunday, though do we still only have 6 pickups for the whole period?

• Advertisement

Joey Votto on the trading block if anyone is interested.

I should just throw all my players on the trading block! last in the league and losing 11-0 this week. Been well of of the running since the start.

Might take a good look at my team and the keepers I want for next year. Would be willing to trade some players for future keepers now if people need short-term help.

For instance if I get a keeper-worthy player I can happily give up 2 or 3 good players from my team and replace them with free agents. It's not like I'm not trying this year, just nothing is going my way. And when I look at my team it actually looks ok on paper.

8-10 wrote: »
    I should just throw all my players on the trading block! last in the league and losing 11-0 this week. Been well of of the running since the start.

Might take a good look at my team and the keepers I want for next year. Would be willing to trade some players for future keepers now if people need short-term help.

For instance if I get a keeper-worthy player I can happily give up 2 or 3 good players from my team and replace them with free agents. It's not like I'm not trying this year, just nothing is going my way. And when I look at my team it actually looks ok on paper.

oh hai Theo

Andrew McCutcheon?! Nooo.....

Can I have Matt Holliday back please fisgon?

Andrew McCutcheon?! Nooo.....

Can I have Matt Holliday back please fisgon?

:)

In fairness, you probably have more hitting on your DL now than I have in my whole lineup. You're nicely set up for next year, if nothing else, Votto, Fielder, McCutcheon are pretty serious keepers.

I'd like to try to win this year! The Votto trade was a high risk move to potentially help me in the play offs - if I get there. Keepers are grand and all but it'd be good to even make to the final.

Yourself and that French cad have beaten me comfortably in the semis due to hitting in the last couple of years hence the Votto and Longoria trades. King Felix has been absolutely brilliant but the Longoria decision was the right call for me at the time.

McCutcheon not even going on the DL now and his replacement on my team- the mighty Adam Eaton - has just run into a wall. Hope he's genuinely all right - never mind baseball.

I guess all this stuff is why we play this very frustrating game.

I'd like to try to win this year! The Votto trade was a high risk move to potentially help me in the play offs - if I get there. Keepers are grand and all but it'd be good to even make to the final.

you gotta go for it!

Picked up Chris Carter as he was hot.

14 games and 11 HRs.

May give me a shot at the playoffs.

I picked him up a few weeks ago in another league and he's been outstanding for me since. His average/obp isn't great but he makes his hits count.

I see you're currently in effectively a shoot out with the Badgers this week and you're well up although it's early yet. He's picked up some good pitching today to respond. Just one more week to go after this..

• Advertisement

I picked him up a few weeks ago in another league and he's been outstanding for me since. His average/obp isn't great but he makes his hits count.

I see you're currently in effectively a shoot out with the Badgers this week and you're well up although it's early yet. He's picked up some good pitching today to respond. Just one more week to go after this..
    Yeah. Playoffs have effectively begun early for us.

Advertisement