Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's how I describe it as well. The best non-Zelda Zelda. I have Okamiden as well. Would play Okamiden again if it was ported to Wii U/NX.
    Got Okami HD on PS Plus so may try it with controller, but after playing the Wii version, I'd say it would help to use Move.

Got my copy of Zelda. Though won't be playing for a while due to having to finish Bayonetta

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That's how I describe it as well. The best non-Zelda Zelda. I have Okamiden as well. Would play Okamiden again if it was ported to Wii U/NX.
    Got Okami HD on PS Plus so may try it with controller, but after playing the Wii version, I'd say it would help to use Move.

Got my copy of Zelda. Though won't be playing for a while due to having to finish Bayonetta

Forgot about Bayonetta!
    That and the sequel is sitting there, in the pile, barely played still, to my shame :(
    I really must get back to it, someday.
    Same goes for A Link between worlds, that's sitting in the handheld game pile, equally shameful in it's size :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I foolishly made the decision to rotate through my consoles/PC so after Bayonetta, it'll be PS3, Wii, PS4, PC then back to Wii U. Likely that idea will go out the wndow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I just listened the glorious soundtrack I got with this! I can't decide if I should play this or Wind Waker HD first though.

Even though Skyward Sword is better game, I vastly prefer Midna to Fi. Her arc and bond with Link are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Really enjoying this! The first hour or so was a disapppointment. Coming from Wind Waker HD, the graphics looks very dull and the art style just does not compare. Also, the tutorials were boring and a pain to play through!

But once the game got going, I was hooked! Just finished the fire temple now, and it was great! The art style is growing on me, and there are occasionally some really beautiful moments in the game. The horseback battle was a great set piece.

As per usual, the soundtrack is ace! Is it just me, or does anyone get a Silent Hill 2 vibe from the music when you're in the twilight as wolf link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Loving the look of the game. I remember playing the Wii version a year ago on the WiiU but thought it looked fairly bad so stopped playing. I havent used the amiibo yet, what does it exactly do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Loving the look of the game. I remember playing the Wii version a year ago on the WiiU but thought it looked fairly bad so stopped playing. I havent used the amiibo yet, what does it exactly do?

Unlocks special challenge dungeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Also lets you go straight into your saved game from the initial title screen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Haven't got mine yet, I'm very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,343 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Haven't got mine yet, I'm very sad.

Zavvi?

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    Zavvi?

Nope, gameseek

Nope, gameseek

I wouldn't have expected Gameseek to take so long. I ordered from Zavvi so I knew what I was letting myself in for.

sligeach wrote: »
    I wouldn't have expected Gameseek to take so long. I ordered from Zavvi so I knew what I was letting myself in for.

Dispatched on the 3rd. Just sent them an email enquiring about it.

Twilight Princess HD is still in the top 10 of both the Individual and All Formats UK charts. Not bad.

http://imgur.com/a/TDTGm

My Twilight Princess HD - Limited Edition arrived today from Zavvi. A little late but no matter. Was a little worried that it might get damaged with the size of it but it was brilliantly packed in a box at least twice if not 3 times its size. Looks like it rolled straight off the production line.

Still no sign of mine :(

Interview with Aonuma about Twilight Princess on Miiverse. Load the oldest comments to read it in full. It's interesting but the skeptic in me says it's full of lies. Be it about why they made the game, the use of the gamepad, the map or the lack of motion controls.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHlGKXU5HQ

Edit: Just an example.

Marichan: "The Wii U version is no longer compatible with the Wii Remote, right?"

Aonuma: "We always want to make the best game we can for our players. On top of that, the map plays a very important role in this game. For these reasons, rather than phrase what we did in a negative way by saying that we removed the Wii Remote controls, I'd prefer to say that we focused on creating a great gameplay experience by making the most of everything that the Wii U GamePad has to offer."

I really don't understand why they took the wii controls out at least? I'm not a game dev mind, maybe its harder than it seems, but still.

I never got my copy of this game, where's the best price for the amiibo bundle?

I never got my copy of this game, where's the best price for the amiibo bundle?

I'm sure I saw it for 55 quid somewhere? little woods maybe.

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/wii-u-the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-amiibo-sound-track-cd-wii-u/1600053300.prd?_requestid=205741

• Advertisement

That's not a bad price at all, thanks. Or will I wait and see if it drops more and run the risk of missing out on that cardboard for a decent price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭DublinBust

This game doesn't even hit 30 on the regular... it might not even be hitting 24; didn't digital foundry say it was pretty much 30 at all times? Panning the camera is very telling. They probably should've given this port to someone else...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

DublinBust wrote: »
    This game doesn't even hit 30 on the regular... it might not even be hitting 24; didn't digital foundry say it was pretty much 30 at all times? Panning the camera is very telling. They probably should've given this port to someone else...
    how can you tell? Honestly I don't know how to tell this kind of thing it looks good to my untrained eye anyway. Although I must say I'm 26 hours in and finding it a bit of a struggle to stay with I don't know if it's the game or just me but there doesn't seem to by the same emotional attachment I had with other Zelda games that gave me goosebumps regularly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭DublinBust

iamtony wrote: »
    DublinBust wrote: »
    how can you tell? Honestly I don't know how to tell this kind of thing it looks good to my untrained eye anyway. Although I must say I'm 26 hours in and finding it a bit of a struggle to stay with I don't know if it's the game or just me but there doesn't seem to by the same emotional attachment I had with other Zelda games that gave me goosebumps regularly.

'How Long' put this game at 46 god damn hours I mean holy hell. Finished it on before on Wii, just don't like it at all; worst Zelda I've played. Giving it another try but find it hard to like anything about it. Ugly characters, annoying sidekick, weird furry mechanic, fetch quest before dungeons etc.
    I can tell because its a very choppy picture; in particular when panning the camera. The cutscenes sit fast at 30, but actual gameplay ducks way under IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Less than 30fps?? Jaysus Nintendo...

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kwazar

This is first time I'm playing Twilight Princess and my second Legend of Zelda ever after Phantom Hourglass on DS. (I'm new to Nintendo.)
    I think the game is brilliant. I'm enjoying it a lot. My kids love it too. They prefer watching me playing rather than watching TV. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

kwazar wrote: »
    This is first time I'm playing Twilight Princess and my second Legend of Zelda ever after Phantom Hourglass on DS. (I'm new to Nintendo.)
    I think the game is brilliant. I'm enjoying it a lot. My kids love it too. They prefer watching me playing rather than watching TV. :cool:

It'll be my first time playing it too. Once it works I'm happy enough. Can't wait to get started.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I played and finished TP recently too and loved it! It was only the second Zelda I have finished after A Link Between Worlds.

I still have Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask and Wind Waker sitting on the shelf starting at me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Oh, you're so lucky...so many Zelda adventures await you :) Make sure A Link to the Past & A Link Between Worlds are your next stop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I'm not saying it's a bad game but compared to the other Zelda's that I've played I'm just not as emotionally attached.

Advertisement