Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mefistos

Took delivery of my d750 yesterday.

Total cost €1312...such a massive saving over the retail price of €2149 :eek:.

They sent it from Manchester so there were no duty charges. Will buy from them again, indeed have a couple of lenses on order already. They do a bit of ID verification which delays things for a couple of days, and it took just under two weeks from my initial order until delivery but I'm not complaining at all.

#teameglobal

I already ordered about 5 things from them and they never asked me for ID verification... maybe its only for orders over €1000 or so... :) also I already ordered soe headphones and phones and watches and they all came without a trouble:)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭eoinp11

Hey could i ask where you got those coupons? (incase there are more recent relevant ones!) THanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mefistos

eoinp11 wrote: »
    Hey could i ask where you got those coupons? (incase there are more recent relevant ones!) THanks!

they either send them via email as a news or I got few coupons with my order in the box...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

mefistos wrote: »
    they either send them via email as a news or I got few coupons with my order in the box...:)

Anyone had any problems getting issues resolved whilst in warranty? My D750 has a serial number that denotes it is potentially affected by the sensor flare problem that Nikon released a technical service advisory notice about recently. Nikon are requesting D750 owners to return the cameras for diagnosis and possibly sensor replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Another happy customer here..Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 ordered Monday arrived this morning :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭oleras

Another happy customer here..Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 ordered Monday arrived this morning :D

I ordered a D3300 sat night/sun morning, its showing as on its way to Athlone, was really punting to have it this weekend but is estimating Wed as delivery date, its still just the 8 business days.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Ordered a Canon 6D last night. Not sure if they work through the weekends or not. I really hope it comes through soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Took delivery of my d750 yesterday.

Total cost €1312...such a massive saving over the retail price of €2149 :eek:.

They sent it from Manchester so there were no duty charges. Will buy from them again, indeed have a couple of lenses on order already. They do a bit of ID verification which delays things for a couple of days, and it took just under two weeks from my initial order until delivery but I'm not complaining at all.

#teameglobal
    good news but showing at €1419 now.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Prices fluctuate weekly due to currency changes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Synchronicity

sunny2004 wrote: »
    good news but showing at €1419 now.. :(

Keep an eye on it, prices do fluctuate a lot. Have had my eye on a Fuji that has jumped from €472 up to €519 and back down to €472 again in recent weeks.

• Advertisement

**Update on Canon 6D purchase

They've asked for identification. I think I've read that they may do that on occasion and it's completely normal. Can someone please confirm this?

They've asked for identification. I think I've read that they may do that on occasion and it's completely normal. Can someone please confirm this?

I had the same happen to me. I took a photo of my driving licence (with my finger blocking out the licence number) and emailed it from an old college email as I didn't have proof of address on me at the time and that 'official' email suffices.

It stalls the process for a day or two but i had my camera within the 8 working days all the same.

Excellent, thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭oleras

oleras wrote: »
    I ordered a D3300 sat night/sun morning, its showing as on its way to Athlone, was really punting to have it this weekend but is estimating Wed as delivery date, its still just the 8 business days.

Camera arrived this morning, 8 business days, would have been sooner i expect if it wasn't for good Friday and Easter Monday.

Now to figure out how to use it and start taking pictures.

oleras wrote: »
    Camera arrived this morning, 8 business days, would have been sooner i expect if it wasn't for good Friday and Easter Monday.

Now to figure out how to use it and start taking pictures.

Good to hear. I ordered mine of Good Friday and there was the ID verification too. So, ideally it will arrive on Friday, however more realistically it will probably be Monday :(

Does anyone know if they work weekends or if deliveries arrive on weekends?

I've ordered from them twice and both packages' tracking wasn't even updated over weekends. They were just left sitting in Athlone. Seems to be the way they roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ballycallan

Can I ask how you made payment , was it credit card or paypal ?
    Thanks

Can I ask how you made payment , was it credit card or paypal ?
    Thanks

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I'm not 100% sure as it was purchased by a family member on my behalf. I'm thinking it was by card, not sure if credit or debit.

I got an update today, the item wasn't in stock and wont be stocked until tomorrow.

Does anyone know the actual days it will take from time of shipping to arrival?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 wenbo

Ordered 2 mobile phones. dispatched last Friday and delivered today by DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 daithireal

Hi all, has anybody being hit by Revenue for import charges, VAT etc when using eglobal (or Wandamobile). I contacted wandamobile & they replied that they absorb any import taxes via their courier.
    Any info appreciated, reds Dave

• Advertisement

Ordered mine on Good Friday. Got an email to say it wasn't in stock (they warn there may be delays if item isn't in stock). Well the stocking of the item took a week. Customer service got back within the same day after asking them what the story was.

From the day they got it in stock, it took 5 working days to arrive or 7 days (weekend included).

Anyway, happy with the product and happy with the savings.

After a lot of humming and hawing I finally decided to place an order for a new lens yesterday. Sigma 150-600mm Sport inbound soon,hopefully.

Nforce wrote: »
    After a lot of humming and hawing I finally decided to place an order for a new lens yesterday. Sigma 150-600mm Sport inbound soon,hopefully.

You should be grand. Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

I'm planning on picking up a 6d w/ a 24mm f1.4 ART lens in June from eGlobal, would it be best to place them as separate orders or together? The reason I ask is I have concerns that if they are packaged together they might raise suspicions at customs - could anyone tell me are multi-item orders still packaged separately? Thanks

Just bit the bullet here again and bought a D7200 with 18-140mm lens ...I'll let you all know how I get on :)

Ok it's 48 hours now and still it's stuck in processing, no answer to my support email and no response via facebook etc..
    Anyone else get stuck in processing for a while ?

Ok it's 48 hours now and still it's stuck in processing, no answer to my support email and no response via facebook etc..
    Anyone else get stuck in processing for a while ?

My lens was in processing for 2 days. Got a mail yesterday to say that it was with the courier (DPD) and a note to say that the tracking number may take 2 days to show up. Same procedure as my last purchase from them so nothing to worry about.

Nforce wrote: »
    My lens was in processing for 2 days. Got a mail yesterday to say that it was with the courier (DPD) and a note to say that the tracking number may take 2 days to show up. Same procedure as my last purchase from them so nothing to worry about.

Thanks NFORCE i've ordered off them previously and never had an issue but the fact that they don't respond is a concern. I suppose i'll wait till end of business today before I consider opening a paypal dispute.

Also factor in that they are 8 hours ahead. So, by now it's 18:00 but if you write them at 01:00 tonight/tomorrow morning it will be like 09:00 am tomorrow for them. Just sayin' :P

• Advertisement

Well they finally got back to me , the camera is out of stock and not back in till 2rd May.

I can wait ;)
    At least I know now why it's taking so long.

Advertisement