Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

I personally, would like to see how Shannahan goes as a prop :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,428 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35482963

iHumph is some joker.

"Ian Humphreys keen to extend Ulster career". :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

awec wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35482963

iHumph is some joker.

"Ian Humphreys keen to extend Ulster career". :pac: :pac:

If the money is there I don't mind if he does get an extension...however he'd need to be behind Nelson and probably even Olding (we'll wait and see on McPhillips).

bilston wrote: »
    If the money is there I don't mind if he does get an extension...however he'd need to be behind Nelson and probably even Olding (we'll wait and see on McPhillips).

No way bilston. The guy is actually rubbish and it would just be throwing good money after bad.

For Ulster's sake and his own he needs to be moved on.

Anyway, I am pretty sure Kiss said a few weeks ago they had re-signed everyone they wanted to so I am assuming he has missed the cut.

No way bilston. The guy is actually rubbish and it would just be throwing good money after bad.

For Ulster's sake and his own he needs to be moved on.

Anyway, I am pretty sure Kiss said a few weeks ago they had re-signed everyone they wanted to so I am assuming he has missed the cut.

I agree he is done, but if we pay him a contract and he can mentor someone like McPhillips then there is no harm in it. The harm comes if he actually plays much (at all).

Doubt he will be kept on anyway.

I'm more concerned about losing Scholes.

• Advertisement

Could be a good interim signing for Munster?

What does iHumph bring to the team?

Would you start him or Tovey?

Could be a good interim signing for Munster?

Nah, he offers nothing. He's worse than Keatley and Munster must have some young lads who are better than him (if not they're screwed because he is genuinely rubbish).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

What does iHumph bring to the team?

Would you start him or Tovey?

Female Fans
    Nice Tan
    Channel for opposition players to attack
    short shorts...

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Ulster team and replacements to play Newport Gwent Dragons, Guinness PRO12, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 5th February, 7.35pm:
    (15-9): L Ludik, C Gilroy, D Cave, S Olding, J Stockdale, I Humphreys, R Pienaar;
    (1-8): C Black, R Herring (capt), R Lutton, A O'Connor, P Browne, R Diack, S Reidy, R Wilson;
    Replacements (16-23): J Andrew, K McCall, B Ross, C Ross, N Williams, P Marshall, P Jackson, R Scholes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Ulster team and replacements to play Newport Gwent Dragons, Guinness PRO12, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 5th February, 7.35pm:
    (15-9): L Ludik, C Gilroy, D Cave, S Olding, J Stockdale, I Humphreys, R Pienaar;
    (1-8): C Black, R Herring (capt), R Lutton, A O'Connor, P Browne, R Diack, S Reidy, R Wilson;
    Replacements (16-23): J Andrew, K McCall, B Ross, C Ross, N Williams, P Marshall, P Jackson, R Scholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

PJ really getting screwed over by being 'in' the Irish squad there.

From an Ulster point of view it's great to have Jackson back, I'd have started him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Paddy Jackson wtf :eek::confused::mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Stockdale getting his first start. Good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Disappointing that PJ is released from Ireland camp. He's been in terrific form this year. Not much else he could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

I agree he is done, but if we pay him a contract and he can mentor someone like McPhillips then there is no harm in it. The harm comes if he actually plays much (at all).

Doubt he will be kept on anyway.

I'm more concerned about losing Scholes.
    He could be employed as "How not to tackle" coach..
    Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    Disappointing that PJ is released from Ireland camp. He's been in terrific form this year. Not much else he could do.

He suffers badly I think by not having an Onanists haircut......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Cheers for Sam Arnold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Cheers for Sam Arnold.

no prob now send us TOD.....:P

Great for Arnold and Munster. He has all the attributes to be a top quality Centre. He's very quick and strong. Will be a starter for Munster..

Wasps have signed Piutau.

Siale Piutau. :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    no prob now send us TOD.....:P

Great for Arnold and Munster. He has all the attributes to be a top quality Centre. He's very quick and strong. Will be a starter for Munster..

Copeland would have been a very good signing for you. Munster already have Stander and JOD to fill the 8/6 position in the squad.

I'm excited by the prospect of Arnold and its great to see such ambition from such a young man. As an exile, I don't think it leaves the sour taste that the signing of Marshall/Olding/etc. would either.

9 Pienaar Marshall Rowley
    10 Jackson Humphreys Windsor
    11 Trimble Gilroy
    12 Olding McCloskey
    13 Payne Marshall Cave Arnold
    14 Bowe Scholes
    15 Piutau Ludik Nelson

Handsome depth from 11-15. half backs could do with work. Pack could do with anyone.

One less centre to worry about finding gametime for!

I've heard that Scholes has been offered a double-your-money deal from an English club.

I've heard that Scholes has been offered a double-your-money deal from an English club.

It's madness if the money used to retain Ludik means Scholes leaves. With the age profile of Bowe and Trimble it's vital to keep Scholes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

It's madness if the money used to retain Ludik means Scholes leaves. With the age profile of Bowe and Trimble it's vital to keep Scholes around.

I don't think Ulster are short on cash, whether they're willing to match crazy offers from English clubs is another thing though.

Wasps have signed Piutau.

Siale Piutau. :pac: :pac:

I fell for that.

Give us Arnold back you fecker

I fell for that.

Give us Arnold back you fecker

Patience!

Let Munster have him for two years and give him some first team exposure.

Then we'll take him back and get his best years out of him. ;)

Cheers for Sam Arnold.
    He's a great catch indeed. I'm happy for him but really sorry that he is leaving. He just might be the real deal. He didn't look out of place in Ulster's starting outfit. His play reminded me of Nevin Spence.

So the UAFC in-the-know guy just posted "Ulster have pulled the rabbit out of the hat. Unbelievable work from Bryn!!"

• Advertisement

So the UAFC in-the-know guy just posted "Ulster have pulled the rabbit out of the hat. Unbelievable work from Bryn!!"

So we've either signed Bugs Bunny but more likely Elmer Fudd.

Or he has cured Fez......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement