Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

endacl wrote: »
    Xmas/Easter/Valentines events are always a bit shyte.

Ah here, I got Sir Loves-a-Lot, the bear who loves to love for Valentine's Day this year, which automatically made it the best event of the year for me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Right that much is done, the Nedification Centre is being built. Part 3 was a little difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭corkie

Just Spent 5 Donuts and 24M to get 12 Donuts in XP upgrades!

The 5 donuts to activate the multiplier for a day.
    24M to buy and sell the Krusty Burger Oil Rig 3 times.
    Resulting in getting the bonus 4 times in a row!

I did this today because the XP meter was low from the recent level up, plus I was already half through it.

Your results if you do this could vary.

Plus I might hit the bonus again before the 24 hours runs out.

Edit: Also bought 2 Blood Mobiles and got the bonus again!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Some good news!
    In the update that clears the Halloween event, it appears that the send all characters on timed jobs thingy is working properly now!

Bout dang time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Updated it myself. I got so sick of formless terrors and star spawns. Are any of ye keeping your campfire or will you sell it? Don't honestly know what I'll do with mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ah here, I got Sir Loves-a-Lot, the bear who loves to love for Valentine's Day this year, which automatically made it the best event of the year for me. :pac:

meh...

:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

What's the deal with the last task for the halloween event? The one that asks you to defeat M'nsther and sink the temple 10 times? It's showing that there's still 9 days left in the event for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

Thank god that event is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yeah it seemed to really drag out that last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

I gave up on it once i got the pumpkin thing. I wasn't bothered about the final prize so just logged in every now and again. Somehow I still got it. I was kind of hoping a high percentage wouldnt get it so maybe EA would see that act 3 didnt work and not do it again.

It did seem to have to weakest halloween prizes in the few years I've been playing. It might be diffefent if it was your first and you could get the likes of Hugo crafted but there were no must-have craftable for longer term players.

Back to springfield heights/monorail until the christmas update

• Advertisement

brianomc wrote: »
    I gave up on it once i got the pumpkin thing. I wasn't bothered about the final prize so just logged in every now and again. Somehow I still got it. I was kind of hoping a high percentage wouldnt get it so maybe EA would see that act 3 didnt work and not do it again.

It did seem to have to weakest halloween prizes in the few years I've been playing. It might be diffefent if it was your first and you could get the likes of Hugo crafted but there were no must-have craftable for longer term players.

Back to springfield heights/monorail until the christmas update

It's looking like there will be a Thanksgiving event starting in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Venom wrote: »
    It's looking like there will be a Thanksgiving event starting in the next few days.

Fireworks and president.

Goble, goble...... Thanksgiving has landed with in game update :-)

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Jobs aren't coming up on the side bar for the thanksgiving event. Just have a burns one showing. Also what are the eggs? I have 2/3 and no idea where I got it and how.

Jobs aren't coming up on the side bar for the thanksgiving event. Just have a burns one showing. Also what are the eggs? I have 2/3 and no idea where I got it and how.

Top right corner is where you can find the tasks. Not sure about eggs, only started this morning and still looking for turkeys.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Top right corner is where you can find the tasks. Not sure about eggs, only started this morning and still looking for turkeys.

They are not all there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Twice I've gotten the notice saying my town is over run. Each time I found six Turkeys. I wouldn't class that as over run personally.

Started on the fourth prize today so unless the last one is something like 1000 Turkeys, I should be finished by about the middle of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Twice I've gotten the notice saying my town is over run. Each time I found six Turkeys. I wouldn't class that as over run personally.

Started on the fourth prize today so unless the last one is something like 1000 Turkeys, I should be finished by about the middle of the week.

How the feck, i havnt even got the 2nd prize yet.

I have 4 people able to do the job and then only about 3-4 turkeys showing up a day

Rossi IRL wrote: »

I have 4 people able to do the job and then only about 3-4 turkeys showing up a day

I was going to say exact same!

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Turkeys spawn every 20 minutes from the Springfield Heights tunnel. Was doing a bit of town re-design last night and tons of turkeys wandered down. Not Halloween campfire spawn levels now but a steady stream of em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

Venom wrote: »
    Turkeys spawn every 20 minutes from the Springfield Heights tunnel. Was doing a bit of town re-design last night and tons of turkeys wandered down. Not Halloween campfire spawn levels now but a steady stream of em.

That's where I was finding all of mine too. I just logged in and found 2 wandering on the other side of town. I didn't notice any updates downloading that might have caused it. I liked not having to put much effort into finding them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 chick7

when your town loads it automatically goes straight to the bridge... if you leave your game idle at the bridge the turkeys in your town come to you.. I get about 6 each time.... they spawn every twenty mins... I have four townspeople that give me 3 turkey legs every three hours... so ideally if you can log in every twenty mins you can get 68 Turkey legs per every 3 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

The moo moo prize only has homer doing a 16 hour task, no need to go mad trying to rush, very easy to reach the target in plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

I'm on the last task as well. Nice to have a short, easy event before the Christmas one kicks off.

Sarn wrote: »
    I'm on the last task as well. Nice to have a short, easy event before the Christmas one kicks off.

Black Friday sale coming this week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Was I the only one wishing the forth coming official Futurama game was going to tapped out style of game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

god's toy wrote: »
    Was I the only one wishing the forth coming official Futurama game was going to tapped out style of game?

I thought it would be anyway!

I remember signing up to hear news about this earlier on this year, but sweet fa so far :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

chick7 wrote: »
    when your town loads it automatically goes straight to the bridge... if you leave your game idle at the bridge the turkeys in your town come to you.. I get about 6 each time.... they spawn every twenty mins... I have four townspeople that give me 3 turkey legs every three hours... so ideally if you can log in every twenty mins you can get 68 Turkey legs per every 3 hours

The Chief gives six per go too and could be used in each round.

Hope the Christmas event is better than the Halloween event. The pacing was fine, but the content was fairly crap. Really hope they aren't running out of steam with it.

god's toy wrote: »

It not going to be, it is a "Match 4" Game!

Geo-Blocked Playstore Link.

Event Easter Egg
    If you make certain Springfielders go on 3 unique jobs, you get a Thanksgiving Float, the same one we got last year.

The Jobs:

*Hunt Turkeys: I sent Homer to do this.
    *Import Gourmet Turkeys: I sent Rich Texan to do this, but you can send burns too!
    *Bless The Turkeys: I sent Ned Flanders to do this.

It's meant to be an Easter Egg for the event, I just found it out now while tapping! Hope I helped you if you didn't know this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Is there a list of who's still playing?

Advertisement