Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Hachiko wrote: »
    whatever, standing up for oneself in a forum awash with some over zealous people is not an easy thing, 7 years a member.

what has that to do with it, should i pop over and make you some tea and wipe you shoes?

i got some lincoln biscuits also.

Words like 'apt' 'oneself' 'awash' and 'zealous' really be·lie your taste in biscuits, but the sure sensationalise your argument. If you were only guilty of standing up for yourself you would get nothing but support around here, so drop that nonsense right now. Anyway more pics of cars and less trolling thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

smash wrote: »
    Nice combo Donnelly...

;)

Awesome! Got any more pics? :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

This be my entry.

22981151625_842b7740be_c.jpg

320d M-Sport Auto

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Those coupes despite their meh-ness actually have something about them, paticularly the 2.0, they tick every box except the fast box. I think they are loveable. But I would say that, I drive one :pac:

Those coupes despite their meh-ness actually have something about them, paticularly the 2.0, they tick every box except the fast box. I think they are loveable. But I would say that, I drive one :pac:

I knew someone who bought a V6 version brand new back in the day, even the weren't fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

tossy wrote: »
    I knew someone who bought a V6 version brand new back in the day, even the weren't fast.

Shockingly slow. 167HP from a 2.7

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

think they're only 170bhp. drove one. unimpressed. probably the same one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Yeah, has a spin out of a few v6's, nice bit of torque behind them but for a 2.7 they were only making like 150bhp iirc. Felt racy inside though with the factory gauges in the center console, really low bucket seats etc.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    think they're only 170bhp. drove one. unimpressed. probably the same one.

Can't have been that many sold new in Ireland lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Awesome! Got any more pics? :D
    Of which one?

I'll have to get some pics of them side by side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

smash, would I be right in thinking that you had an RX8 at one stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

smash wrote: »
    Of which one?

I'll have to get some pics of them side by side.
    Both!! Side by side pic would be awesome! I like the black on black combo on the BMW. My Mini is gone unfortunately, regretted selling it the minute it was gone! :(

I keep an eye out for an R56 JCW but if there is any floating around they certainly ain't for sale!!

smash, would I be right in thinking that you had an RX8 at one stage?

Yea. I previously had a winning blue 231.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Running these at the moment...

Cars_zpsfloxxfzz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

celticbest wrote: »
    Running these at the moment...

A really big BMW and a Really small Toyota, how are you finding them, I have thought about getting an MRS/MR2 as a 2nd car since I cant import anything due to the Euro being so low.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

2nCklksl.jpg?2

Only posting to annoy all the people giving out about bmw's :pac:

I do love this picture though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

All this talk of BMW's has me considering/deciding to buy another E38 when I return to Dublin.

Been looking at the likes of this

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201508196185662/sort/atcustom/postcode/sw1a0aa/radius/1501/make/bmw/model/7_series/price-to/6000/page/1/usedcars

Had one before and still love the shape so thinking in going to have to get another one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Said it before and I'll say it again:

There ain't no other barge! :)

About 4,000km without a wash (over 10 days). Looked like a matt wrap from a distance. It was like a film that had 'stuck' to the car. Brought it to a car wash and they were at it for ages :o

IMG_3474_1.jpg

IMG_3475_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Brought it to a car wash and they were at it for ages

What? A detailing pro like yourself letting someone else wash your car :eek:

• Advertisement

What? A detailing pro like yourself letting someone else wash your car :eek:

My shed's been off limits for a while now, as i undertook a bit of a gardening project over the summer. A skip is needed to clear out everything before it can be used for cleaning the car again.

Hoping to have it all sorted out, cleared and such before christmas, but it's slow going trying to get the time.

Kills me everytime I let someone else wash it. Every. Single. Time. I find a new scratch (not swirl marks, actual scratches! - the kind that aint gonna be coming out even with a machine polish). But there's not really a lot I can do at the moment. :(

EDIT: also need to rebuy a lot of detailing stuff as a lot got thrown out/lost etc. over the summer. Be worth it in the long run when I've it more human-friendly to go into!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ya especially at that level of dirt, they will easily make a balls of it. Only got my car washed for me once ever. Always do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

BillJ wrote: »
    [i

have you had that bmw long billJ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Love the new thread title! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I wonder was it Colm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

bear1 wrote: »
    I wonder was it Colm :D

Definitely Alan...! Sure he's one of them himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Where's the thread for all the other cars then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

"post a pic of foxhole normans car " would be more apt :pac:

I actually quite like the car tbf

GvidoR wrote: »
    Where's the thread for all the other cars then?

It wasn't worth making one because everyone has a BMW now. Did you not get the memo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

About 4,000km without a wash (over 10 days). Looked like a matt wrap from a distance. It was like a film that had 'stuck' to the car. Brought it to a car wash and they were at it for ages :o

Much cleaner than mine!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement