Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkround 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

user.name wrote: »
    Has anyone heard back from EY yet? Had my interview yesterday

What did you interview for?
    My roomie just got an offer about ten minutes ago, having been interviewed earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

AnnaKin wrote: »
    What did you interview for?
    My roomie just got an offer about ten minutes ago, having been interviewed earlier today.

I went for tax, don't really know what to think they said within 48 hours I think you'll know

I hope you do well :) I think in some cases they call the people to say that they'll get the offer on Monday.

On a different note, anyone gotten interviews with Accenture yet? They said all will be told by the 13th and I know some people who have been rejected. No word yet and I applied a month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RyanDrive

AnnaKin wrote: »
    On a different note, anyone gotten interviews with Accenture yet? They said all will be told by the 13th and I know some people who have been rejected. No word yet and I applied a month ago

Wasn't the closing date just there on Friday. Maybe thy'll call on Monday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

RyanDrive wrote: »
    Wasn't the closing date just there on Friday. Maybe thy'll call on Monday?

Closing date was extended to today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 FourStarGamer

I got an offer from PwC:-)) they just sent me an email to confirm my offer:-)) good luck to everyone still waiting, believe in yourself because I thought it was over for me after the partner grilled me at the interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gradl94

Have heard of people getting offers and they are told that the salary will be confirmed in the contract in Autumn 2016.
    Does anybody know what the starting salary for direct entry to a Big 4 firm is? (no masters)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Got an offer from EY! I was giving a presentation in class and knew beforehand that I'd of course get the call in the middle of my presentation! I'll wait and see if I get an other offer , but I'm really happy just to get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

gradl94 wrote: »
    Have heard of people getting offers and they are told that the salary will be confirmed in the contract in Autumn 2016.
    Does anybody know what the starting salary for direct entry to a Big 4 firm is? (no masters)
    Starters this year got €24,500 I believe. Was the first year of an increase, was previously €22,500.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Risk analytic

I have interviews for Deloitte and PwC for Audit. Any advice would be really appreciated.

haro124 wrote: »
    Got an offer from EY! I was giving a presentation in class and knew beforehand that I'd of course get the call in the middle of my presentation! I'll wait and see if I get an other offer , but I'm really happy just to get one!

Was 24,500 the starting salary for direct entrants? Sorry for the questions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

We wish! The poster was misinformed I think.

s15r330 wrote: »
    We wish! The poster was misinformed I think.

I was thinking!..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

And I just got offered KPMG:D tough decision ahead !

And I just got offered KPMG:D tough decision ahead !

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

Can confirm that EY first years got 24k this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Got an offer from EY this morning and PwC emailed me this evening :) Surprised at how quick pwc got back as I only had my interview this morning!

Overall experience of the milkround was exhausting too be honest, don't know how some have dealt with having a lot of interviews!
    EY were really nice, both manager and partner were so relaxed they really made me feel comfortable and I let go of my nerves. Was asked the general strengths based questions, but they only want simple examples nothing out of the blue, just general experiences from maybe a part time job or college. The partner interview was just a general chat about things that stuck out in my application form, if I looked to pursue a masters and what made EY different from the other firms. The manager herself rang me about the offer which I thought was nice since I expected HR to deal with that. Now awaiting the contract to be sent out.
    PwC was a nice interview as well. I was interviewed by a partner and manager in the department. They didn't really ask me any competency based questions, focused a lot on the budget and the financial and economic problems that companies face now in Ireland and globally. Not really sure that this is apart of the general interview or just the interviewers style. The questions were fine though, they must of liked my ramblings :pac: The case study was grand as well, they didn't focus a lot on it and understood it was kind of weird. Overall great experience, and the offices really speak for themselves
    I had Deloitte in the afternoon. They had a waiting room with tea, coffee even chocolate. I found that really nice. I had my interview again with a partner and manager. The interview involves a general set of competency based questions that everyone gets asked. They also further ask you questions if any of your examples interest them. I found the interview to be quite formal. Maybe it was the interviewers I had. Yeno when you get that awkward moment in an interview when you are done your rant answering a question and they just look at you, so you don't know whether to continue on, gave a crap answer etc. They didn't really engage much too be honest. Not too pushed about Deloitte, whilst I found the people there to be nice, the interview put me off the place really, not holding out on anything there.

Hard question of what offer to accept now, but I'm moreso lending towards Pwc, I really liked EY but they have always been my first choice.

To anyone else involved in the milkround I salute you! Honestly never thought I would of gotten anywhere but hardwork pays off I guess. Everyone else seemed to be so much more prepared and able but never doubt yourself, something that I did! Good luck to everyone, hope you all get what you are looking for whether it be in the big 4 or otherwise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 carasiorai

Got my PwC offer early this morning, kinda knew I had it in the bag tbh, it went really well. My interviewers could not have been nicer, went above and beyond to make me feel at ease.

I have Deloitte tomorrow afternoon. I have a vague idea of what to expect thanks to friends but I'm not worried because of the offer I already have.

Will probably go with PwC regardless of what happens, truth be known. Also, they're sponsoring me to do a masters, so that's nice.

Good luck to everyone here, don't despair if you haven't heard anything yet. Spots will become free as people choose between offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

Has anyone heard from BDO yet? Thought the corporate finance interview went well Friday but the longer I wait the more anxious I'll get

• Advertisement

What is the starting salary in Deloitte in their tax practise with a PDA?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

What is the starting salary in Deloitte in their tax practise with a PDA?
    That would only get you a CAP1 exemption? Generally across firms it's the same as having an undergraduate degree that gives CAP1 exemptions. The starting salary isn't based on what your qualifications are, it's the amount of exemptions you have (basically exams that your firm won't have to pay for).

• Registered Users Posts: 8 trainee15

Has anyone got any rejections after an interview yet? Had two interviews last week but havent heard anything back at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Anyone have any tips for the Deloitte interview ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

cHaTbOx wrote: »

Examples of time management, problem solving and team work etc. Be chatty and show that they can let you out in public. Know something about the firms dealings, new office in Galway etc. New audit rotation rules, stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TommyH21

Is anybody that got an offer from PwC going to the evening this Thursday?

They asked me and a lot of people I know about "challenges facing Deloitte" and what they should be doing to grow.
    Basically, know some stuff about them.
    Also, practice your "self pitch". First thing they asked me.
    Know your service line, what is it, why you want it, etc.
    Have a client of theirs in mind that you would like to work with, be able to say a bit about them.

The partner meeting afterwards is more of a follow up. You might be asked to clarify some stuff from the main interview. Again, lots about them as a company, why you want to work for Deloitte specifically.

Honestly, even just having a small think about these things beforehand will get you 90% of the way there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 grace20

Got offers for EY and BDO in tax departments, Anyone know much about either?
    I like both but for very different reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

s15r330 wrote: »
    Examples of time management, problem solving and team work etc. Be chatty and show that they can let you out in public. Know something about the firms dealings, new office in Galway etc. New audit rotation rules, stuff like that.
    carasiorai wrote: »
    They asked me and a lot of people I know about "challenges facing Deloitte" and what they should be doing to grow.
    Basically, know some stuff about them.
    Also, practice your "self pitch". First thing they asked me.
    Know your service line, what is it, why you want it, etc.
    Have a client of theirs in mind that you would like to work with, be able to say a bit about them.

The partner meeting afterwards is more of a follow up. You might be asked to clarify some stuff from the main interview. Again, lots about them as a company, why you want to work for Deloitte specifically.

Honestly, even just having a small think about these things beforehand will get you 90% of the way there.

Thanks to both of you. It is along the lines of what I was looking at already and what I've had in other interviews. I feel good about it . Looking forward to doing it . Did they try to sell themselves at all in the interview?

• Advertisement

Thanks to both of you. It is along the lines of what I was looking at already and what I've had in other interviews. I feel good about it . Looking forward to doing it . Did they try to sell themselves at all in the interview?

The questions I asked them basically invited them to promote themselves, but they didn't go out of their way tbh. The partner might try a little harder on that front.

One thing I found was that people's experiences seemed to differ massively in Deloitte, some good, some not so good. Hopefully you'll get lucky and have more enthusiastic interviewers than I did.

Advertisement