Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkround 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

Got a similar reply from EY that I was shortlisted if things change. (Corporate finance).

Also got an interview with BDO corporate finance and GT audit (Although not my first area of choice).

I'll be applying for Accenture later today, I believe the closing date is thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Accenture closes the 6th afaik :) Fingers crossed for you so!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Risk analytic

When is the presentation for Deloitte for Dublin and PwC for Dublin?

carasiorai wrote: »
    I was told in the email November 5th (Thursday) from 12pm to 2:30pm for PWC
    I'm in Deloitte tomorrow at 3:30pm but you choose the time in the phone call and they confirm in the email. Surely you know what time you agreed to?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gradl94

Deloitte presentations were today and AFAIK PWC is Wednesday and Thursday.

Did anyone gear from Glanbia or Fexco yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 FourStarGamer

I just wonder if I could just do some research for the big 4 company rather than going to the presentationðŸ˜I live in a rural area and I can't drive. I also have a lot of CAs due in college and the presentation is really interrupting my classes. Thanks.

Did anyone hear from Glanbia or Fexco yet?
    Yes, my friend in college got an interview offer with Glanbia during the study week.

They closed the applications on the 29th Oct, so can you tell when did your friend hear from them and for which process?

Yes, my friend in college got an interview offer with Glanbia during the study week.

They closed the applications on the 29th Oct, so can you tell when did your friend hear from them and for which process?
    Today is the first day back in college n I haven't got chance to talk in detail. I'll find out tomorrow for you:-))

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LingoBill

Has anybody received offers yet from PwC advisory? I had my interview last Thursday. I was wondering how quickly they usually reply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RyanDrive

LingoBill wrote: »
    Has anybody received offers yet from PwC advisory? I had my interview last Thursday. I was wondering how quickly they usually reply?

I have a few friends who got called on Friday. I wonder if you haven't gotten a reply maybe your in a shortlist in case people reject.

I was wondering if they are still calling people for interview?
    And also can they call you for an interview before the presentations?
    RyanDrive wrote: »
    I have a few friends who got called on Friday. I wonder if you haven't gotten a reply maybe your in a shortlist in case people reject.

I was wondering if they are still calling people for interview?
    And also can they call you for an interview before the presentations?

From what I know the presentations and interviews were last week so i don't think so. This is for consulting though, so it might be a different story for other service lines.

Which firm are you referring to?

EY, PwC and Deloitte have presentations in Dublin this week.

RyanDrive wrote: »
    From what I know the presentations and interviews were last week so i don't think so. This is for consulting though, so it might be a different story for other service lines.

Which firm are you referring to?

EY, PwC and Deloitte have presentations in Dublin this week.

The PWC consulting interviews and presentations were held last week, I think the other service lines are being held this week.

Is that for Dublin offices?

I got the call today for Glanbia Accountancy role. Does anyone know what might be the interview like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

I only applied to KPMG (tax) and EY (audit) and have interviews for both Friday/Saturday. Had the presentations for both Monday and Tuesday. Anyone have any tips for the interviews? I have 2 interviews for EY and just one with KPMG

Are they taking interviews on Saturday also? Also, can you give two interviews for the same firm in 2 different processes?

Are they taking interviews on Saturday also? Also, can you give two interviews for the same firm in 2 different processes?
    Yea EY are Saturday this year! Sorry I must not have been clear enough, for the tax role for KPMG I only have to do one interview that day, whereas for the audit role with EY I have to do 2 different interviews (for the same job) that day (one is competency based and one is with a partner)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Just a quick question; surely the Big Four send rejections to everyone they don't want to interview?

Have heard nothing from GT or Deloitte for Advisory.

AnnaKin wrote: »
    Just a quick question; surely the Big Four send rejections to everyone they don't want to interview?

Have heard nothing from GT or Deloitte for Advisory.
    My friend applied to PwC for consulting and heard nothing, but knew other people who were offered interviews. So it seems like they all don't give rejections!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nice Uncle P

haro124 wrote: »
    My friend applied to PwC for consulting and heard nothing, but knew other people who were offered interviews. So it seems like they all don't give rejections!

I got rejection emails from KPMG and Mazars, but heard nothing from PWC. Rang PWC them today, said I'm not called at present time but may be if things change.

Had Deloitte interview yesterday, they said they let me know Friday. GT next Tuesday

Thanks for the reply. It helped!!

haro124 wrote: »
    Yea EY are Saturday this year! Sorry I must not have been clear enough, for the tax role for KPMG I only have to do one interview that day, whereas for the audit role with EY I have to do 2 different interviews (for the same job) that day (one is competency based and one is with a partner)

Hi
    Could you share what was the Deloitte interview like?

I got rejection emails from KPMG and Mazars, but heard nothing from PWC. Rang PWC them today, said I'm not called at present time but may be if things change.

Had Deloitte interview yesterday, they said they let me know Friday. GT next Tuesday

Deloitte Interview was very relaxed, assessing my character by asking how I dealt with specific situations. EG leadership, time management, deadlines in former jobs and colleges.

Don't think I got it, heard nothing since, but 2 of my classmates were rang on way home to be offered jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Has anyone heard back from EY yet? Had my interview yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gradl94

Anybody hear from Deloitte?

2 people in my class heard from Deloitte almost straight away after their interview, to offer them contracts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

gradl94 wrote: »
    Anybody hear from Deloitte?

I had mine on a Monday last year and got the call that evening. Some friends heard the next day.
    Give it til after the weekend.

Advertisement