Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RQP

Thanks Dee Mc... That was very helpful. Using a large banana each day so will now deco look at the fruit and veg. 😉

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

m'lady wrote: »
    I'm having a veggie curry using mayflower curry sauce (4 syns) with noodles... Nicer than any Chinese!

Where did you find the Mayflower sauce?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

2013Lara wrote: »
    Where did you find the Mayflower sauce?!

I've only managed to track it down in a supermarket in Swords called 'JC'S' , unsure where your located but if you need any more info let me know. They sell it for €1.70 or thereabouts and it lasts for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

So the judges are deciding which 3 ladies will go on to the next stage of the Woman of the Year... I'm not gonna lie, it's been an emotional day with about 80 ladies telling their stories. Some incredible transformations, and not just in physical terms. The phrase 'life changing' is being thrown around a lot, with good reason.
    I didn't get further than the first round, but it was an honour to be here 😊
    Biggest triumph of the day? I've grown! Always thought I was 5 foot 3.5, but as it turns out I'm a shade over 5 foot 4... hmm I wonder if my bmi is lower now!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Does anyone find you loose more weight if you use syns on food as opposed to treats ?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Reducing sugar in favour of healthy fats will generally be better for you. Works better for weight loss for me personally, I definitely have some insulin sensitivity (weight goes straight to belly, had gestational diabetes etc).

Dolbert wrote: »
    Reducing sugar in favour of healthy fats will generally be better for you. Works better for weight loss for me personally, I definitely have some insulin sensitivity (weight goes straight to belly, had gestational diabetes etc).

I'm getting sick of using my syns on suger, I'd rather have extra bread, or some milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Does anyone find you loose more weight if you use syns on food as opposed to treats ?.

Yes I do. I rarely use them for treats but when I do I don't have great results

Well done on the nomination dee. A woman with my SW consultant won the overall award (I think, basing on Facebook posts I glanced at). She's lost over 10 stone

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

dee_mc wrote: »
    So the judges are deciding which 3 ladies will go on to the next stage of the Woman of the Year... I'm not gonna lie, it's been an emotional day with about 80 ladies telling their stories. Some incredible transformations, and not just in physical terms. The phrase 'life changing' is being thrown around a lot, with good reason.
    I didn't get further than the first round, but it was an honour to be here 😊
    Biggest triumph of the day? I've grown! Always thought I was 5 foot 3.5, but as it turns out I'm a shade over 5 foot 4... hmm I wonder if my bmi is lower now!?

Well done for getting that far. It definitely sounds like it would be emotional. Congrats and keep up the hard work.

Dodge wrote: »
    Yes I do. I rarely use them for treats but when I do I don't have great results

Well done on the nomination dee. A woman with my SW consultant won the overall award (I think, basing on Facebook posts I glanced at). She's lost over 10 stone

Thanks Dodge!
    The three women who went on to the next stage were all incredible, one of the ladies from Dublin has lost over 10 stone as you mentioned and she looks amazing! Such transformations. I would not have liked to be one of the judges today, they had some tough decisions to make!

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's the girl I know. Really is an incredible loss

Well done again!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

Anyone know how many syns in the aldi gluten free sausages? They're quite nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Anyone know how many syns in the aldi gluten free sausages? They're quite nice!

I need to know this too, i count them as 1 syn grilled as there small but iv no idea so following!

I went to get some clothes today as I'm back in college this week.

I'm was expecting to be down 1 size in polo tops and 2 inches down in jeans.

Well well, what a surprise. I was down 2 sizes in polos/jumpers and 4 inches in jeans.

What a relief. I'm so happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bluemmaoife

Just wondering if someone can help me I couldn't make my normal class last week
    As my little girl ended up In hospital. I couldn't then find a class that suited. My question is now that I missed a week do I have to start all over again or can I continue on with my original weight loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Just wondering if someone can help me I couldn't make my normal class last week
    As my little girl ended up In hospital. I couldn't then find a class that suited. My question is now that I missed a week do I have to start all over again or can I continue on with my original weight loss

As far as I know, you have to pay for the missed week, but you still continue as normal - no need to start over!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

If you miss a week - you pay for the missed week the following week.
    You have 6 weeks holidays in a year. If you need to take a holiday just tell the person you pay for the class and they can book it on the system.
    If you think you may not able to attend a class the following week you can book a holiday. If you attend the class on a days holidays you booked the system will give you back this day.

I would also look up the slimmingworld.ie website and see what other class are near you if you can't attend your own class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Just to add if you are buying a countdown (6 or 12 weeks), holidays must be booked in at the time of buying the countdown, otherwise, you just lose the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Weigh in this evening, really hoping for a good loss as I only need 1.5lbs for my first target.. Fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone this week..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

How much is a missed week? What happens if you miss two or three weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Monife wrote: »
    How much is a missed week? What happens if you miss two or three weeks?

€9 and the max you'll ever have to pay is €27

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

tk123 wrote: »
    €9 and the max you'll ever have to pay is €27

Woah, you have to pay the full price of a week if you miss it? That's ridiculous. In WW, you pay half.

I have to miss a few weeks, can't afford it until next pay day. Would I be better off rejoining at €9 and €9 for that week?

Woah, you have to pay the full price of a week if you miss it? That's ridiculous. In WW, you pay half.

I have to miss a few weeks, can't afford it until next pay day. Would I be better off rejoining at €9 and €9 for that week?

I know! My friend is always leaving and rejoining - I don't know why she bothers because she doesn't follow the plan at all lol!! Maybe lookout for a voucher in one of the magazines for rejoining?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

The best thing to do is book holidays but of course you are only allowed to have 6 holidays a year, would you do a countdown next when you can afford it? That way you have bought the weeks in bulk and if you buy the 12 week one, you get two free.

Vahevala wrote: »
    The best thing to do is book holidays but of course you are only allowed to have 6 holidays a year

That year starts when you join too, so it isn't in a calendar year. Just for info.

(So if you join now, you've 6 holidays until this time next year)

Yooooo got my club 10 :p

Maybe you could get away with declaring it as shift work, or weigh in at a different group if that's convenient for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I was up a pound last week. I have been good this week as I want this pound gone along with another.
    I have over 3stone 7lbs gone since the end of Jan. I have been trying on clothes I have owned for ages and a lot of my things are gone to big for me.

I'm not holding out too much hope for a loss / much of a loss this week as I missed a few meals, organisation goes out the window when the routine changes :(
    Stayed within syns limit every day, and finding it increasingly easy to do so, but I find it hard to keep to just one third speed with lunch some days, and I went 7 hours between lunch and dinner today which is unheard of for me... back on track now at least.
    Something, something, lose battle, win war, am I right? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

It's my husband's and my birthday this week so I'm hilariously off plan. I won't be beating myself up over any gains either, these weeks are just neccessary sometimes. *burps*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement