Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFPL 2015/16

Options
  • 25-07-2015 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone put much time into their team yet?

I've only really gone through MD rotation for the defense (Darmian will obv change did this a week or so ago!) Plan is to move money towards a few bargain players as they, hopefully, emerge over the first few weeks and get rid of the dead wood there at the moment. Not expecting Wilson to get much game time but if United don't sign a striker I would imagine that at some point of the season he will be handy to have around!

UFPL_15_16_first_draft.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Planning on going through it a bit today so it will probably be a completely different team in an hour or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

2 teams and 2 different approaches

Team 1 absolutely loading up in midfield

Ozil Cazorla Fab Hazard Mata Depay Silva Henderson. Kane only premium striker

Team 2 more focused on the strikers

Aguero Kane Giroud Rooney

A challenge as always, the difference could be how one uses the opening transfers for some weekly punts with the aim obviously of getting off to a good start, while keeping some transfers left over to have the squad your happy to go forward with post GW4

The MD rotation dictates a lot its nice when you have a Saturday punt knowing you have a few heavy hitters ready to pick up the pieces I'd things should go wrong! Players like Ritchie and Deeney are very appealing in ufpl think I might start with both of them have the playing Wilson in there too fixtures rotate nicely with Deeney to start with. This year I hope to save up the transfers last season that didn't happen so much!

jimmii wrote: »
    The MD rotation dictates a lot its nice when you have a Saturday punt knowing you have a few heavy hitters ready to pick up the pieces I'd things should go wrong! Players like Ritchie and Deeney are very appealing in ufpl think I might start with both of them have the playing Wilson in there too fixtures rotate nicely with Deeney to start with. This year I hope to save up the transfers last season that didn't happen so much!

Yeah you need a bit of a rub of the green too, for instance if a couple of defenders get injured and a couple more dropped that can fack with your prospects with no weekly transfers. Fab and Ozil are my two picks to give best value, i have them in both teams along with Hendo, Ritchie I have in my 2nd team and Payet both players that could mop up on the extras for key passes and big chances created, don't have Tadic though we all remember how good he was in ufpl last season so long as he was playing

Yeh Tadic was superb last year when he played ufpl is designed for players like him you could count on him for 4 or 5 points just for turning up!

Wenger is talking Ozil up a lot be interesting to see if he can live up to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm going to pick 2 teams this season, 1 of them will be purely for the monthly prize. I haven't picked either team yet but the new players I'm looking at are Depay, Payet, Deeney, Ritchie and Wilson. I think the promoted teams tend to rotate less so I like the idea of taking punts on their players.

Anyone put much time into their team yet?

I've only really gone through MD rotation for the defense (Darmian will obv change did this a week or so ago!) Plan is to move money towards a few bargain players as they, hopefully, emerge over the first few weeks and get rid of the dead wood there at the moment. Not expecting Wilson to get much game time but if United don't sign a striker I would imagine that at some point of the season he will be handy to have around!

UFPL_15_16_first_draft.jpg

Looks good. I'd probably switch Wilson for Wilson(Bou) though if you can find 0.5 :)

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm going to pick 2 teams this season, 1 of them will be purely for the monthly prize. I haven't picked either team yet but the new players I'm looking at are Depay, Payet, Deeney, Ritchie and Wilson. I think the promoted teams tend to rotate less so I like the idea of taking punts on their players.

I am planning on doing the same try snag one of those 1k prizes! I think a lot will be doing that this year though.

The thing that is handy with the promoted teams is they normally play on Saturday so they are good for punting on knowing you more than likely have a few big hitters to come on Sunday.
    Looks good. I'd probably switch Wilson for Wilson(Bou) though if you can find 0.5 :)

I have a lot of changed! Have WilsonB in there now there will probably be a lot more tinkering to go!!

on the prizes note what a pity they didn't change things up this season, picture the heartbreak if you finish second in the overall by a point or 3

manual_man wrote: »
    on the prizes note what a pity they didn't change things up this season, picture the heartbreak if you finish second in the overall by a point or 3

Yeh its brutal and with how many are likely to enter thats some amount going into their coffers I don't think anyone is going to mind if they made it 16k for first than 1k for 2-10!

• Advertisement

Yeh its brutal and with how many are likely to enter thats some amount going into their coffers I don't think anyone is going to mind if they made it 16k for first than 1k for 2-10!

not unreasonable to expect prizes for 1-10, but how and ever it is how it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

5 paid up now for the FSA pay league in this at €10 a man. Will continue on this thread going forward with progress on numbers as better to have in this seasons thread rather than last seasons one.

Any others interested, please drop a note here and I will send PMs with payment details.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ah yeah I'll play

If you are entering 2 teams I presume you have to use 2 different email addresses - right?

If you are entering 2 teams I presume you have to use 2 different email addresses - right?

Yeh one team per email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hmm....
    My brother wants to enter so you can add him to the list, he's not on boards though. He's entering a team and just wants to join at least 1 league. I can sort out his payment.

Rumbled!!

8-10 wrote: »
    Hmm....

Haha I knew someone would pick up on that :)

In fairness even if I was entering my 2nd team(which I'm not) you should be happy as I'll be going for the monthly prize so taking lots of loans.

Haha I knew someone would pick up on that :)

In fairness even if I was entering my 2nd team(which I'm not) you should be happy as I'll be going for the monthly prize so taking lots of loans.

Feel free to stick them in then so even more chance to win!!

7 paid up now and 6 have joined the league itself ( Kev IRL to join but has paid).

Have PM'ed 5 others with payment details so potentially we have 12 so far.
    Hackers wrote: »
    5 paid up now for the FSA pay league in this at €10 a man. Will continue on this thread going forward with progress on numbers as better to have in this seasons thread rather than last seasons one.

Any others interested, please drop a note here and I will send PMs with payment details.

• Advertisement

Can anyone remember, with the initial 16 transfers... i know it says transfers can be carried over, does that mean, say, if i make 3 transfers in the first transfer window, that i can then make 5 in the second window?

Can anyone remember, with the initial 16 transfers... i know it says transfers can be carried over, does that mean, say, if i make 3 transfers in the first transfer window, that i can then make 5 in the second window?

No they don't carry over if you don't use the 16 transfers between gw1 & 4 you lose them.

Or do you mean weeks? If you use 3 during gw1 you will have 5 during gw2 but if you only use 3 in gw4 you won't have the extra one for gw20.

No they don't carry over if you don't use the 16 transfers between gw1 & 4 you lose them.

Or do you mean weeks? If you use 3 during gw1 you will have 5 during gw2 but if you only use 3 in gw4 you won't have the extra one for gw20.

Cheers yeah i meant just gw1 gw2 scenario i mentioned... i know after gw4 if you haven't used them that's it! (at least until January :pac::pac:)

Cheers yeah i meant just gw1 gw2 scenario i mentioned... i know after gw4 if you haven't used them that's it! (at least until January :pac::pac:)

Yeh I did think that was what you meant just trying to catch people out saying windows! Handy having the transfers means you don't have to go in with Aguero from the start and just carry him for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

going to study up on tis during the week and will be back on later for an invite

going to study up on tis during the week and will be back on later for an invite

If you have played FPL for a while a lot of it will be very similar (point scoring mainly). The main difference is the match day rotation vs the traditional fixture rotation in FPL and learning how to make the most of the loan market. At first it may seem that getting a core squad of around 18 players and then fillers is a good idea you will be amazed how quickly between gw4 (first transder window end) and gw20 (second window open) you will rack up the injuries! For most of last season I carried a full reserve bench full of injured players so having depth is very important but at the same time you obviously don't want to have a large amount of cash wasting away in the reserves so its a tricky thing to get right! Ideally you stream line your squad to avoid the players that do get injured but obiously thats not realistic so a good balance is important. I have found UFPL a lot more interesting than FPL for the last 20 months or so since the beta started hope you find it the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Anyone else having trouble with the age verification passport section? Doesnt allow me to click on the submit button.

james123 wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with the age verification passport section? Doesnt allow me to click on the submit button.

did it no problem for me, though you have to include all the <<<<< symbols in your passport number. i used CAPS LOCK for the letters too. failing that, mail them!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

did it no problem for me, though you have to include all the <<<<< symbols in your passport number. i used CAPS LOCK for the letters too. failing that, mail them!
    Left the <<<<<< out so most likely that, thanks!

• Advertisement

9 paid up now for the FSA pay league in this. For anyone else interested, fee is €10. If interested, drop a note here and I will send payment options via PM

Advertisement