Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

It was some fight! had him for second round so was chuffed but was touch & go. Hon Eire :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

De Gea

Darmian rojo smalling shaw/blind

Sweinsteiger/Carrick/schneiderlin

DiMaria/Herrera/mata/Depay/Fellaini/young/januz

Rooney

A striker and a centre half set to be signed if reports are to be believed and it's fair to say United are back dining at the top table!

De Gea is leaving mate.

benny79 wrote: »
    De Gea is leaving mate.

Not sure about that now.

Valdes was brought in last year and it looked like it was to replace de gea when he went to Real. Valdes was left out of the squad that went to America on tour this morning and is now linked with a move to Turkey.

Obviously I don't know what's going on but it makes me think utd now know that de gea is staying so valdes is surplus and being moved on. De gea flew out to America today with the squad

• Registered Users Posts: 20,767 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

ForeRight wrote: »
    De Gea

Darmian rojo smalling shaw/blind

Sweinsteiger/Carrick/schneiderlin

DiMaria/Herrera/mata/Depay/Fellaini/young/januz

Rooney

A striker and a centre half set to be signed if reports are to be believed and it's fair to say United are back dining at the top table!

Honestly not sure that team is at a level that put united at top table - may put them chasing top 4.

Carrick ? .
    Schneiderlin at 25 has played only played 9 times for france, his biggest club so far, is southampton.
    Sweinsteiger - a great great player - but 30 years of age - and only played 28 games last year - last time he played that few was in 2003.
    Smalling - not even a starter in last world cup in a poor English team
    Young - has had 10 goals in 90 games and 30 years of age.
    Rooney Fantastic player - but he scored 14 goals last year, last time he did that , he was a teenager.

Then a few other are questionable (at best)

I honestly think this so called resurgence is a bit too enthusiastic

• Advertisement

Honestly not sure that team is at a level that put united at top table - may put them chasing top 4.

Carrick ? .
    Schneiderlin at 25 has played only played 9 times for france, his biggest club so far, is southampton.
    Sweinsteiger - a great great player - but 30 years of age - and only played 28 games last year - last time he played that few was in 2003.
    Smalling - not even a starter in last world cup in a poor English team
    Young - has had 10 goals in 90 games and 30 years of age.
    Rooney Fantastic player - but he scored 14 goals last year, last time he did that , he was a teenager.

Then a few other are questionable (at best)

I honestly think this so called resurgence is a bit too enthusiastic

Carrick is brilliant for United. Always under stated. You only have to see the difference when he doesn't play.

Schneiderlin: doesn't matter how many times he has played for France. He is proven quality in the league in a team playing fantastic stuff for 3 years now and every person who watched that Southampton team will tell you how good he is.

Schweinsteiger: he was injured a lot last year. Best player on the pitch in the world cup final 12 months ago but now past it at 30???? Not for me.
    Sure gerrard still had plenty to offer pool at 35 as did lampard at 36 for chelsea.

Smalling: a complete waste of space. Hoping they sign quality partner for rojo

Young: was very good last season. Probably Uniteds best player second half of season. A good squad player to bring on in games with his pace.

Rooney: was played all over the place last year. Didn't play up top regular do how can you expect him to score goals regular. He was holding mid field at times. With the midfield now he should be released to play upfront every game. When he plays up front as a striker he always scores. That's a fact.

In terms of that squad only "challenging" for 4th Ido t really understand either. Utd pretty much had 4th wrapped up with a few babes to go last year with a squad car weaker than that and with the managers second season now in charge they've signings given time to gel on a full pre season tour things will be better ive no doubt.

I can see the league bring a serious dog fight next year. Chelsea still very very strong but I don't see snything between city, United or arsenal now.

All open to your own opinion of course. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Sure united have the league soon up already :rolleyes:

benny79 wrote: »
    Sure united have the league soon up already :rolleyes:

Let's not get carried away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Anyone know if there is anything stronger than an over the counter anti-histamine for hayfever. I was in a terrible state on Sunday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

We can knock Di Maria off that line up by the looks of it.

United would want to be challenging for something considering how much they have payed for these players and how much there wage bill is.

• Advertisement

kiers47 wrote: »
    We can knock Di Maria off that line up by the looks of it.

United would want to be challenging for something considering how much they have payed for these players and how much there wage bill is.

If he goes he goes. I'd like to see him show what he is capable off as last year he was gutless and spineless but I know he's world class. More than likely if he wants out of England he will be shocking again but I'd take the chance and see how he goes.
    Be great to get Cavani as part of the transfer.

Utd will challenge for trophies next season.

If he goes he goes. I'd like to see him show what he is capable off as last year he was gutless and spineless but I know he's world class. More than likely if he wants out of England he will be shocking again but I'd take the chance and see how he goes.
    Be great to get Cavani as part of the transfer.

Utd will challenge for trophies next season.
    Schneiderlin: doesn't matter how many times he has played for France. He is proven quality in the league in a team playing fantastic stuff for 3 years now and every person who watched that Southampton team will tell tell you how good he is

It does you know.

Many players have looked great at Southampton.

I'll say it again as a club that has suffered from it.
    It is crazy money for a guy with so few caps.

It does you know.

€25m crazy money? Really?

€25m crazy money? Really?

Yes . I'm not sure what you want ForeRight.

But at 25 - 9 caps - 25 million.
    Daft money from a money- ball perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It does you know.

Crazy money is part of the game, you could bring it into most transfers. Lovren to Pool for 20m last summer was just as "crazy". Football is crazy.
    Some players do struggle to make a step up into a big club.

Lovren & Lallana will turn out to be good signings for Liverpool. Lambert was a lower league footballer and shouldn't have been let near the door at Anfield. Brendan got a good bit of PR out of the signing, bringing the local lad home to play for his boyhood club, he is fond of a little bit of PR bull.
    Clyne will be your buy of the summer.

Southampton have proven themselves to be a hugely successful club when it comes to their youth set up or player development. Their success stories are far and wide and when you're buying from them you're increasing the odds.
    I wouldn't be too concerned about international caps with France, they are basket cases and many a good player didn't fit in.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is anything stronger than an over the counter anti-histamine for hayfever. I was in a terrible state on Sunday night
    Get to your doctor - the stuff they've been prescibing me over the past 2 years has made a massive difference - basically an anti-histamine tablet combined with a nasal spray (only started suffering from hayfever in my late 40s, but then was hit quite badly for a few years until they started prescribing some of the newer stuff)

Yes . I'm not sure what you want ForeRight.

But at 25 - 9 caps - 25 million.
    Daft money from a money- ball perspective.

Utd could spend 100m on him and it's pretty irrelevant. They have unlimited budget and don't fall into the ffp net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SevesThreeIron

Southampton have an incredible record of churning out players though it's probably about 50-50 in terms of their success rate with their next clubs;

Walcott, The Ox, Bale, Lambert, Shaw, Chambers, Lovren, now Schneiderlen. My gut is that he'll be only so so at United.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Southampton have an incredible record of churning out players though it's probably about 50-50 in terms of their success rate with their next clubs;

Walcott, The Ox, Bale, Lambert, Shaw, Chambers, Lovren, now Schneiderlen. My gut is that he'll be only so so at United.

Chambers, Lallana, Baird the list goes on. An incredible achievement for a club that was in danger not so many years ago but worked their way back up incredibly.

If Schneiderlen turns out to be so so then I'll be happy. He's not going to be a star when he's surrounded with bigger players. He's exactly what we've needed for years and if he plays anything like he did at Sou then he'll be a really solid addition.

This is nuts....

http://youtu.be/k6ZZwf_D4BU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Not exactly off topic but does anyone follow the SecretTourPro on twitter? I get the impression it's a caddy more than a player but can give some interesting insights (only been following for a week) now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

RIP sir peter o sullevan. One of the greatest voices in world sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Can't wait for hurling match Sunday KK v Waterford- when will they start selling upper Cusack tickets? People aren't buying the sh*te that's left in the lower tiers and who can blame them?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

http://youtu.be/rpmzeOinE5U

One of his better rants

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

Best of luck to all the leaving cert students receiving their results today. Twas 25 years ago for me.....god I am old.

Jesus 18 years for me! :eek: Thanks TLOA that's really cheered me up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

20 years ago! tis mad, kids getting their results today weren't even a twinkle in their parents eyes!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement