Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hannibal [NBC/Sky Living] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Shot a man in Chilton just to watch him die. Your slithery habit continues, Frederick.

That handwriting. The candles in the pews were beautiful. The talk about getting Hannibal to the stage, plus other elements, did bring a Shakespearian vibe to it.

Recovery is...fragile. What's in the chocolate, dear Mason?

Funky surgery music and happy hunting...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Really liked the latest episode, felt more like a first episode back than the previous three if that makes sense ha. It all seems to be coming together now, can't wait for the hunt to be put into full motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Really liked the latest episode, felt more like a first episode back than the previous three if that makes sense ha. It all seems to be coming together now, can't wait for the hunt to be put into full motion.

well considering 'the hunt' is only going to be half the series (red dragon being the second half), it's going to happen soon and sharpish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I can't stand the new Mason Verger :o

Everything he's doing in that episode is copying Gary Oldman's performance in 2001's Hannibal. Michael Pitt was amazing last season, he made the character his own, but Joe Anderson is just meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I'm tempted to wait till the season is up and binge watch the whole thing..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Michael Pitt is a notorious pain in the arse to work with - it's why he was written out of
    Boardwalk Empire
    and it's most likely why he's not returned in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

Michael Pitt is a notorious pain in the arse to work with - it's why he was written out of
    Boardwalk Empire
    and it's most likely why he's not returned in this.

That's some BS that someone spouted on Reddit and then it grew legs. Unless you've an interview with someone or something? I have read that he's pretty sound and remembers the names of the crew etc.

His character died on Boardwalk sooner than expected because the guy playing his father - The Commadore - had a stroke. So they had to bring the overall story arc to a close sooner because of his poor health. Jimmy was always going to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

That's some BS that someone spouted on Reddit and then it grew legs. Unless you've an interview with someone or something? I have read that he's pretty sound and remembers the names of the crew etc.

His character died on Boardwalk sooner than expected because the guy playing his father - The Commadore - had a stroke. So they had to bring the overall story arc to a close sooner because of his poor health. Jimmy was always going to die.

Have you worked with him then? No, neither have I but anyone can see dozens of articles online about how he was not liked at all on BE - even less then Paz de la Heurta, which apparently takes some doing.

He was very good in BE and I loved him in Hannibal but only ever hear negative things about how he supposed was to work with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

Have you worked with him then? No, neither have I but anyone can see dozens of articles online about how he was not liked at all on BE - even less then Paz de la Heurta, which apparently takes some doing.

He was very good in BE and I loved him in Hannibal but only ever hear negative things about how he supposed was to work with.

Okay, why don't you provide some links instead of developing an attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Jesus that was some boring episode. Keeps like this wonder it was cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Links234 wrote: »
    I can't stand the new Mason Verger :o

Everything he's doing in that episode is copying Gary Oldman's performance in 2001's Hannibal. Michael Pitt was amazing last season, he made the character his own, but Joe Anderson is just meh...

Can see what you mean. The tone of voice, mannerisms, etc, are very similar to Oldman. Even the make up.

Supposedly Michael Pitt left the show himself, hasn't really given any reasons though, but regardless of the reasons behind the change in cast, I don't really like the new casting. Pitt's Mason was his own beast and absolutely enthralling to watch, whereas Anderson just mimics Gary Oldman, the accent, the delivery, everything is just replicating Oldman's turn at Mason Verger.

Can see what you mean. The tone of voice, mannerisms, etc, are very similar to Oldman. Even the make up.

Well, the makeup is nowhere near as severe as Oldman's, but I don't think we can blame the actor there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

smilerf wrote: »
    Jesus that was some boring episode. Keeps like this wonder it was cancelled
    Have you watched this show before? It's nearly always at this pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Didn't Pitt have scenes at the end of last season post mutilation? The make up and mannerisms also seemed pretty similar to Oldham's portrayal irrc.

So it seems a little unfair on the new guy to say he's aping someone's work. It must just be how both actors were asked to play it.

ixoy wrote: »

Maybe it's just the Hannibal will chemistry I'm missing

smilerf wrote: »
    Maybe it's just the Hannibal will chemistry I'm missing

They really do work brilliantly together. I imagine well see them reunited soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any chance of it finding a new home is over I think the cast have been released from their contracts and are free to find other tv work.

‘Hannibal’ Releases Cast As Show Continues To Look For New Home
    Ten days after NBC cancelled Hannibal, the series no longer has its cast under contract. I hear that starting today, stars Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen are free agents, and they are already fielding film and TV offers. Their options expired last night and were not extended by Hannibal producer Gaumont International Television.

Still, the independent production company continues talks with potential distributors. If Hannibal finds a new home, new deals have to be hammered out with both Dancy and Mikkelsen. Still, if the show gets a new season elsewhere and the two are still available, I hear both love the show and have indicated that they would like to reprise their roles as Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter. Still, there are other, even bigger obstacles for a fourth season of Hannibal. For once, the show has an exclusive deal with Amazon, making a pact with other streaming services virtually impossible. And, more importantly, Hannibal has lost its creative force, developer/executive producer Bryan Fuller to a new series, Starz’s American Gods. He remains committed to Hannibal, but a possible fourth season has to wait for him to finish the recently ordered first season of American Gods, which would be a challenge for potential buyers.

http://deadline.com/2015/07/hannibal-cast-released-new-home-1201467144/

Any chance of it finding a new home is over I think the cast have been released from their contracts and are free to find other tv work.

‘Hannibal’ Releases Cast As Show Continues To Look For New Home

http://deadline.com/2015/07/hannibal-cast-released-new-home-1201467144/

Not exactly what I wanted to hear starting the Friday :P. Do we think that if amazon didn't have the agreement with them Netflix would have picked it up? Shame to see it go if it isnt picked up by anyone else. Despite how some don't like the new season I really think it's a very unique show and can't think of anything else currently out there similar that could fill the void.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Not exactly what I wanted to hear starting the Friday :P. Do we think that if amazon didn't have the agreement with them Netflix would have picked it up? Shame to see it go if it isnt picked up by anyone else. Despite how some don't like the new season I really think it's a very unique show and can't think of anything else currently out there similar that could fill the void.

Well Amazon are making there own shows now so maybe they will try to pick it up but they would want to do it pretty soon before the main leads sign up for something else.

Maybe part of the reason they haven't done it already is they can see it's not a big attraction on Amazon Prime NBC cancelled it because of ratings maybe Amazon aren't getting the viewers for it either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

I'm a bit surprised how much I loved
    Jack absolutely beating the sh*te out of Hannibal
    in this week's episode :D

EDIT: Episode 5, to be clear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Very strong episode this week. The first three episodes were beautiful but lacked pacing. Real return to form with episode four. I don't like the Gillian Anderson strand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Tristram wrote: »
    Very strong episode this week. The first three episodes were beautiful but lacked pacing. Real return to form with episode four. I don't like the Gillian Anderson strand.

latest is the fifth so maybe look away.

I really liked Jack, badass jack this week. Afterall, he did end Bella's life to go on this journey, which i still find quiet strange.

Will, i am starting to doubt if Will if actually there he goes in and out of dream sequences so often, cut face from a that ? must have been a dream !

oleras wrote: »
    latest is the fifth so maybe look away.

Yikes, one episode must have been so bad that I've blocked it out. Or, two episode were pretty woegious and I've combined them. Thanks though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Tristram wrote: »
    Yikes, one episode must have been so bad that I've blocked it out. Or, two episode were pretty woegious and I've combined them. Thanks though! :D

No such thing as a bad episode...how very dare you...:pac:

oleras wrote: »
    No such thing as a bad episode...how very dare you...:pac:

We must be on different seasons :pac:

Best episode yet but oh my God the new Mason Verger is so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

ixoy wrote: »

In fairness there was more meat (pun intended) to the first two seasons. I've only watched EP 1 and 2 of season 3 and I was bored to tears.

'I didn't see the forecast, did you?' What next? Grand stretch in the evenings, H?

All aboard the quietest train carriage in the world with La gazza ladra.

Mason looks like Kevin Bacon with a messed up jaw. Those 1 euro coins do indeed slot down the phone box rather well.

An episode of capture and release. Jack lost the game, but perhaps not the battle. Dr. Bloom on duty.

'All elements of an epiphany were present'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

I'm really disappointed with this series.. It's slow and ridiculously self indulgent, I'm struggling to stay interested.

Also can someone enlighten me as to why Gillian Anderson's character is in Italy with Hannibal?? I couldn't figure it out and hoped it would be explained but it wasn't, unless I missed it??

Advertisement