Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,170 ✭✭✭corkie

Terminator Genisys: Revolution now available

terminator_genisys_screen_01.jpg
    Competing against a host of other franchise movies coming out this summer, the companion game for Terminator Genisys managed to score some points as the first app listed in the Google Play Store for pre-registration. Terminator Genisys: Revolution first popped up almost a month ago with a “Pre-register” button that enabled users to sign up to be notified of the game’s availability. That time has come as developer Glu has released the title for installation on Android devices.

The game is a third-person shooter in which the player helps John Conner make a new fate in the battle against Skynet and its army of machines. Players will have hundreds of missions available to them as they battle against all sorts of enemy machines.

Terminator Genisys: Revolution is free, but does offer in-app purchases. As an inducement for fans to install the app, Glu is offering a special welcome pack for anyone who installs the game before June 4th. The pack includes a grenade, a rocket, and EMP battery, and a med kit, all items that players will probably find quite useful in the apocalyptic world of 2028 where the game is set.

Playstore Link

Anyone get it yet?

The intro game video made it look like the terminators where easy to kill!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

corkie wrote: »
    Terminator Genisys: Revolution now available

terminator_genisys_screen_01.jpg

Playstore Link

Anyone get it yet?

The intro game video made it look like the terminators where easy to kill!

I preordered it a while ago (that's a thing on Play now) and it prompted me to download it.

It's good but mother of In App Purchases up to €114!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,170 ✭✭✭corkie

Niemoj wrote: »
    I preordered it a while ago (that's a thing on Play now) and it prompted me to download it.

It's good but mother of In App Purchases up to €114!

That sure is an expensive in app purchase for a mobile game!

Hitman: Sniper is also available from today!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Has anyone actually watched the trailer for that terminator game? It looks friggin awful! The player is just walking towards the same terminator the whole time with auto-fire anabled until they blow up, then point at a different terminator. Thats just the trailer...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Looking for a good free music app and one that will download the album art to?

Also is there an app that lets you play youtube music with the screen off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

LG1234 wrote: »
    Google firetube apk

• Registered Users Posts: 55,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone having trouble accessing videos on the Google photos app since the update?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Anyone having trouble accessing videos on the Google photos app since the update?

Video working fine for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

LG1234 wrote: »
    Looking for a good free music app and one that will download the album art to?

I like n7player, it's pretty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

This is very impressive, pity the beta is USA Playstore only

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You need an invite code as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That's very very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

That's incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

nedd wrote: »
    Video working fine for me.

That's strange, hope Google didn't fcukup my videos :(

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

That video is unreal, the speed of the answers!

jgbyr wrote: »
    That video is unreal, the speed of the answers!

Speed can be cheated. It's most likely a test environment local to the server on fibre and Wi-Fi. The voice recognition is what I find amazing, much better than anything we've seen so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The new touch to search feature in chrome is real handy, can see myself using it a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I downloaded hound yesterday but still waiting on my code to activate it

Patww79 wrote: »

Ah makes sense. I'll keep hold of the app for now anyway.

It's USA playstore, it's very possible to have here if your device uses the USA playstore. I had USA playstore on a nexus 7 until I wiped it as I had bought it and configured it while over there. There are ways to cheat it too but it needs to be done when setting up from scratch.

It's USA playstore, it's very possible to have here if your device uses the USA playstore. I had USA playstore on a nexus 7 until I wiped it as I had bought it and configured it while over there. There are ways to cheat it too but it needs to be done when setting up from scratch.

I just downloaded the apk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

steve_r wrote: »
    How do you find it?

Just ok but our broadband is in tatters in the evenings. The voice recognition is good, better than anything I've tried before but it is mixing up some words and not that much better than ok Google.

I'm watching a movie now, I'll get a better try at it in the morning

• Advertisement

Hound isn't all that impressive, it does the few categories it's programmed to do very well but fails badly at everything else. Simple questions that work on ok Google like "who are the members of the Beatles?", "how did Michael Jackson die?" and "what age is Richard Branson?" just opens a search page with no voice output. Ok Google is miles better

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement