Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banshee (Cinemax) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭mailforkev

stoeger wrote: »
    Lad what channel it on has season 3 started on sky ? or is it Netflix

It's on Cinemax in the US only, we all have our American cousins post it to us :) there's a torrent of mail delivered every Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Well that was an interesting finale of sorts! No cliffhanger ending but will Kai offer Hood a job? Will Hood reach out to that ex-army guy for help?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A near perfect season of tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Wasn't the strongest finale considering how good the season was.
    The shootout was good, the taking of Job from the other side of the truck was a little silly by Banshee's standards.
    The scenes between Hood & Dalton should be developed on next season.
    Cracking stuff between Brock & Kurt, the latter being a great addition to the show.
    Not sure what Kai's game is now. Wasn't a big fan of the Wild West shootout with him, Rebecca & Burton strutting down the middle of the road one-shotting everyone.
    Mc Love wrote: »
    Well that was an interesting finale of sorts! No cliffhanger ending but will Kai offer Hood a job? Will Hood reach out to that ex-army guy for help?

I'm fairly certain Dalton has Job. The post-credits saw Job lying in a room, footsteps approach and Job knows who it is. "F*ck me"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm fairly certain Dalton has Job. The post-credits saw Job lying in a room, footsteps approach and Job knows who it is. "F*ck me"

Aye, took it as that too, and Dalton will torture Job until he gives up where Hood is.

Hood joins Proctor and mass war between them and Dalton

• Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The opening credits seemed less cryptic than usual, with Gordon's photo disappearing then the flag outside the town hall flying at half mast.

Great finale. Now to wait another 10 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

Thankfully there is another series..not sure if I would be happy if that was the end.

Hell knows how its going to pan out. Has Hood been a Dalton agent all along???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

What a great season of banshee, I've watched it since the beginning. I have no idea how it's not more popular

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Definitely Dalton at the end as they cast a solid recognisable actor for the part (if you've watched "The Newsroom" and "Manhattan") so he's clearly re-occurring and not just for a few flashbacks. That ought to be fun.

Great fun with the shoot out at the army base - wonder if there'll be some tough follow ups for this? And to what degree will Brock defend him?

Thought Kurt was very strong in this episode too. The actor's doing a good job of showing the sheer tension and strain Kurt is putting himself under.

Also curious as to what they'll do with Kai. Originally thought next season would be Hood vs Kai but that's up in the air now. Kai hardly needs another enforcer when he's got the awesome Clay already so maybe they'll go for a common goal of taking out Hood's enemies : Hood could at least feel he's doing something good by taking out other criminals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

While not the greatest season finale, overall that was an absolutely fantastic season. Thank You Banshee!
    Some amazing moments this season. So off the wall nuts it was brilliant.
    Very interesting how next season pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I like how in each season they plot the next few story arcs For the next season. Going to be a long wait till next year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

ixoy wrote: »
    Definitely Dalton at the end as they cast a solid recognisable actor for the part (if you've watched "The Newsroom" and "Manhattan") so he's clearly re-occurring and not just for a few flashbacks. That ought to be fun.

Great fun with the shoot out at the army base - wonder if there'll be some tough follow ups for this? And to what degree will Brock defend him?

Thought Kurt was very strong in this episode too. The actor's doing a good job of showing the sheer tension and strain Kurt is putting himself under.

Also curious as to what they'll do with Kai. Originally thought next season would be Hood vs Kai but that's up in the air now. Kai hardly needs another enforcer when he's got the awesome Clay already so maybe they'll go for a common goal of taking out Hood's enemies : Hood could at least feel he's doing something good by taking out other criminals.

Just passing through and have been thinking about starting Banshee, then I read theres a character called Dalton, my first name, 20 years of "but whats your first name?", I think I'll have to start this now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I watched episode 9 and 10 together. What a thrilling 2 hours of TV, absolutely class!

I've not seen such good TV since well episodes 2 and 3 of this season! :pac:
    I know its pure dumb fun, but its one of the best things on TV.

That punch from Sugar was unreal, loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Mc Love wrote: »
    No cliffhanger ending

Em
    What !!

No Love For our hacker hero !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Watched this last night, but want to re-watch later.

A brilliant season finale, in my opinion. Ties up a lot of the story arcs for Season 3, but sows the seeds for some brilliant arcs for Season 4.

Deputy Bunker and the neo-Nazis will be going to war. The scene where
    he's getting his tattoos burned off by his brother was tear-inducingly painful looking. Also, the brother having all the Nazi tattoos as well, but them being so neatly concealed and him looking all respectable on the outside really reminded me of "American History X".

Kai and "Hood" are going to align together. What Hood will be able to offer in exchange for a rescue operation for
    Job
    remains to be seen. Maybe to become a foil to Burton or something? Who knows. Maybe the $6,000,000 that Hood has is going to be used.

I was saddened to see
    Gordon
    die. It was (as mentioned above) fairly obviously foreshadowed, but still. I was hoping it was a mistake. He was bad-ass, but in a subtle way. Only calling upon the Marine training when absolutely needed (unlike some).

I'm fascinated by this Dalton character. CIA? Black ops? SEALs? NSA? Or just a high-end crime boss. But this is a brilliant development, to be sure. I can't wait to see how it pans out. But his wearing of the same ring as Stowe might make it a black-bag, so-secret-nobody-knows-we-exist military agency that Hood was trained by.

Also, I didn't think Carrie and Stowe would be the ones slugging it out. I thought it would be Hood to have a go with Stowe. He was a great military madman character, but I was
    glad when I saw Carrie gutting the f*cker.

Final thought: does anyone have any idea when the 4th season is coming out? Because I can't f*cking wait for it. A year? Hopefully not.

EDIT: Argh, looked on IMDB there. The season 4 episodes are listed as being "2016". Screw it anyway. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Y'know what's one thing I absolutely love about this show? It's not afraid to have a man and woman square up and bate the complete and utter shite out of each other. None of that chivalry rubbish, just leather into each other.

Maybe pull out an oesophagus while you're at it.

Mr Freeze wrote: »

That punch from Sugar was unreal, loved it!

The look from Job was class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

I'm fascinated by this Dalton character. CIA? Black ops? SEALs? NSA? Or just a high-end crime boss. But this is a brilliant development, to be sure. I can't wait to see how it pans out. But his wearing of the same ring as Stowe might make it a black-bag, so-secret-nobody-knows-we-exist military agency that Hood was trained by.

I just assumed the ring was a military academy class ring (Westpoint maybe), in the same way that many commissioned officers in other military's would wear one.

So my take is that he's clearly some branch of armed forces (which they'll probably invent for the show) that take less...orthodox recruits.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've just caught up on it, great show this, so many interwoven parts reminds me a lot of the Sons of Anarchy, even with the neo-Nazis, tatoos being burnt off, couple of different rival "gangs".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I miss my Saturday morning mayhem sessions in Banshee. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I used to watch an episode every night before going to sleep, have to find something else to watch now, I'm thinking Lilyhammer.

Next season is setting up nicely, you've Hood dealing with getting Job back and being the former sheriff, you've Carrie trying to be a single mother, you've Proctor dealing with his new arrangements, you've Brock having to deal with a new sheriff (I assume he won't get the gig cause he's on probation). The 1 thing that kind of annoys me is the whole "Don't know Hood's name" thing, this was a new development near the middle of season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ummmm... OK I guess.
    Not the most dynamic/emotional actor

How many episodes in before she gets under the Hood?

How many episodes in before she gets under the Hood?

Body double will be brought in for that scene.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Body double will be brought in for that scene.

Not a doubt in my mind! From her previous shows, I wouldn't expect her to go Buff at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Not a doubt in my mind! From her previous shows, I wouldn't expect her to go Buff at all!

I wouldnt be so sure ,roles have been light enough on the ground for her recently ,would not have the negotiating power she once had and might be talked round these days.

She is a surprising choice of actress for Banshee though.

No where near as rough as the lot we are used to :pac:

Time will tell I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Clareman wrote: »
    I've just caught up on it, great show this, so many interwoven parts reminds me a lot of the Sons of Anarchy, even with the neo-Nazis, tatoos being burnt off, couple of different rival "gangs".

A lot of it reminded me of Sons of Anarchy too.

We watched season 3,episode 10 not realising it was the finale and have been checking for the next episode. It just didn't feel like an ending.

Advertisement