Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 28 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Rose a whopping 50 places from 2762 to 2712 with my 55 points.

I'd like to think the only way is up with having Austin, Kane (c) and Eriksen to go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

SantryRed wrote: »
    Rose a whopping 50 places from 2762 to 2712 with my 55 points.

I'd like to think the only way is up with having Austin, Kane (c) and Eriksen to go again.

Have the same 3 left myself austin is the key man left. A double digit score from him sat would be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

62 points at the moment sees me rise to 6k to the lofty heights of 25k - my highest of the season.

I imagine I'll probably rise a small but more above those who haven't got the template DGW trio of Eriksen, Austin and Kane (C). I note that only 40% of the Top 1k have Austin this week, so another goal from him should see me rise!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Small enough drop to 1600. The Austin, Silva and Giroud goals were greeted like the death of a beloved pet in my house. Siggy and Taylor on my bench. Chose Vert ahead of Rose. Mane is the only high point of this week so far but I'm holding my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

60 (-8)

Small drop of about 700 places to 88k.

Eriksen, Austin and Captain Harry to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yellow cards for my entire defence and another one for hazard took the gloss of an otherwise good night. Those 5 points were badly needed. Back into the top 7k but just Kane to go on Saturday so will drop back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Ageuro captain backfired, hopefully Kane will stay quiet against QPR, if he doesn't I could be in trouble.

56 points with Henderson on the bench, I went with Defoe instead, hard to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

56 with Kane (c), Eriksen and Austin to go.

Yet again my defence is a disaster. Koscielny dropped, Wollscheid off injured and Foster having a brain fart of a game.

My defence for GW28 looks like Koscielny, Hutton (suspended), PVA (irregular starter), Wollscheid (possibly injured) and Bertrand (away to Chelsea) :eek:

Think I'll be holding on to the DGW'ers another week!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Have the same 3 left myself austin is the key man left. A double digit score from him sat would be lovely.

It's only Spurs defenders that can hurt us now. Here's hoping for a shootout 3-3 or something on Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It's only Spurs defenders that can hurt us now. Here's hoping for a shootout 3-3 or something on Sat.

Yeah here's hoping, mostly because Danny Rose will probably be involved in all 3 of them ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah here's hoping, mostly because Danny Rose will probably be involved in all 3 of them ;-)

And then go off in the 80th minute while its 3-0 just before QPR come back! Nice 27 pointer!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

CSF wrote: »

Hard to do that from the bench :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Suspect both Rose and Kane will start on the bench next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

My "disastrous" 47 only see me drop 4k to 23k. Kane (C) & Eriksen left so will probably drop again.

But I missed a great opportunity to get closer to top 10k. Pts are getting more and more important now and after my poor start I can't afford such GW fail if I want to reach my top 10k aim.

It's not over, there'll be more blanks & DGWs but it's a blow to my recent progress (all the efforts of several decent weeks ruined by a bad one) particularly because my team is not well set up now. Too many transfers on the list (Silva & Saints def in, Walters & Jones out). Getting twice rid of Silva (during WC and to get Sanchez back) is a mistake I'm going to pay a heavy tribute to... and as a direct consequence ADM will be responsible for a huge part of my fails this year (getting him back (for Downing) for a hit just for him to get injured in Autumn and getting him in at the expense of Silva during my Jan WC overall costed me between 30 and 40 pts).

I tried to be too clever by aniticating a glorious run for him due to his kind fixtures. But the reality was and still is that this United team have not clicked on yet while Silva is "playmaking" City. The worst thing is Silva's probably my favourite PL player... Funny thing is many here struggle at times at this game because of their fan bias towards the PL team they support and get burnt by players they like who're not returning enough FPL-wise. I always thought that supporting Montpellier was an advantage for me in that regard. But I am actually failing by doing the opposite. I'm over-cautious with players I like or rate very high (Giroud & Silva the best examples over the years) and am missing out too many of their big hauls :pac:...

dahat wrote: »
    Suspect both Rose and Kane will start on the bench next game.

Be a surprise after Kane going off early last night.

jimmii wrote: »
    Be a surprise after Kane going off early last night.

I maybe wrong but can't see him starting 3 games in less than a week.

I maybe wrong but can't see him starting 3 games in less than a week.

Why not? He's 21 you would hope he would have no problem with 3 games in a week at his age! Spurs needs points not starting Kane doesn't seem like a good way to go about that!

Why not? He's 21 you would hope he would have no problem with 3 games in a week at his age! Spurs needs points not starting Kane doesn't seem like a good way to go about that!

We will see but its a gut feeling more than anything, I hope I'm wrong as I have him but no don't think so.

We will see but its a gut feeling more than anything, I hope I'm wrong as I have him but no don't think so.

I would have thought Eriksen was more likely to get rested resting both would surely be madness! I think they will both start and go off if the game is safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If Spurs had any kind of alternative strikers then Kane could be flagged for a rest, but their other choice is Soldado who functions more like a fifth defender for the other team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

It barely matters if eithercor both are rested. Everyone has them it will be a small few who would benefit from them not playing.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

I would have thought Eriksen was more likely to get rested resting both would surely be madness! I think they will both start and go off if the game is safe.

And disastrous for FPL! One thing is sure changes will be made just a matter of who really.

And disastrous for FPL! One thing is sure changes will be made just a matter of who really.

Yeh Chadli coming back in was interesting if he starts and does well then he becomes an option again. No player has run further in match this season than Eriksen did last night and he's played a lot recently. I think its just too key a time for them to not start either. Hopefully that is the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I think Eriksen played the full last 3 games. While if memory serves me right Kane was subbed out in Europa League and yesterday for the last 15/30 min.

Just checked. Eriksen indeed played the last full 3 games. But Kane was not subbed out he was subbed in at the 63rd min in Florence (=> http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31627545).

So it should be Eriksen to be rested and Kane maybe subbed out after the hour mark like yesterday.

Though to be complete we shall mention Eriksen only played the first half home to WH before these 4 games in 10 days. Will that be enough for him to start at the week-end? Only Mauricio knows...

iroced wrote: »
    I think Eriksen played the full last 3 games. While if memory serves me right Kane was subbed out in Europa League and yesterday for the last 15/30 min.

Yeh and last night he racked up a good few miles.

It barely matters if eithercor both are rested. Everyone has them it will be a small few who would benefit from them not playing.

160 of the top 1k don't have both and some how 3 don't have either! Overall 21% have both so for those not at the sharp end of things it could be pretty important.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Eriksen has clocked up that kind of mileage all year long, it's extraordinary the amount of running he does for a "flair" player. He will start on Saturday for sure (in my opinion of course;)), they have a week off afterwards. This is a huge, huge game for Spurs, early and all as it still is the difference between a win and a loss in the champions league hunt is massive, win away to QPR and they're three points behind united in 4th. The players that are essential for this are Lloris, Verthongen, Eriksen and Kane. The rest can be replaced quite adequately.

I also would like to lodge a complaint about the lack of coverage which Andros Townsend's goal received here last night, it's almost as if it is more convenient for some of you to pretend it never happened or hat somehow I wouldn't find out about it, well shame on ye all:mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

I also would like to lodge a complaint about the lack of coverage which Andros Townsend's goal received here last night, it's almost as if it is more convenient for some of you to pretend it never happened or hat somehow I wouldn't find out about it, well shame on ye all:mad::pac:

Wonder how many had him in for the double?:pac:
    As a matter of interest, how far up/down the pecking order is he for penalties?

Eriksen has clocked up that kind of mileage all year long, it's extraordinary the amount of running he does for a "flair" player. He will start on Saturday for sure (in my opinion of course;)), they have a week off afterwards. This is a huge, huge game for Spurs, early and all as it still is the difference between a win and a loss in the champions league hunt is massive, win away to QPR and they're three points behind united in 4th. The players that are essential for this are Lloris, Verthongen, Eriksen and Kane. The rest can be replaced quite adequately.

He certainly does put in a shift it was a little more than his normal amount though considering no player has run that far in any match all season though! He is a great example to younger flair players you can't just sit about and wait for the ball to come to you he's always on the move if only more players put in as much effort!

• Advertisement

Wonder how many had him in for the double?:pac:
    As a matter of interest, how far up/down the pecking order is he for penalties?

He was first choice then Kane took over hard to know now after how that went! Only reason I can see to keep Kane taking them is to bump up his goals number to try get more money for him in the summer! He clearly isn't great at them!

Advertisement