Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Hoping to arrive home tomorrow to this and my new HRAP4.

Suggestion for a character who's brand new to the series?

Ky or Sol would be my suggestions, they have simple motions similar to other FGS (QCF, DPs, etc), and their Bnbs are simple, they're basic characters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hoping to arrive home tomorrow to this and my new HRAP4.

Suggestion for a character who's brand new to the series?
    Ky, Sol & Elphelt seem to be good recommended characters.
    Xrd has really good tutorial & combo challenges too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Ky, May and Faust are probably the easier characters in this version. Sol has character specific decently high execution BnBs and Elphelt is set up crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Naphiel wrote: »
    Ky, May and Faust are probably the easier characters in this version. Sol has character specific decently high execution BnBs and Elphelt is set up crazy.

I keep hearing differing opinions on Sol's execution level. Is it just the character specific combos or is there also that apparent in some other non-char specific BnBs?

Can you really even call it a BnB if it's character-specific? Do the char-specific combos yield that much more reward than standard BnBs?

His basic stuff is easy but his high damage stuff is tricky enough. People just put Sol and damage together to the point were I would call it his BnB since that was why you'd pick him in AC and onwards.

You have to position yourself differently against a lot of characters for corner enders. You yield a decent amount of damage and considerably better knockdown by doing other routes.

• Advertisement

Naphiel teach me Ky plz.

I want to git gud.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Naphiel teach me Ky plz.

I want to git gud.

Control ground with F.S, 2K, both Ps and 236S.
    Always get knockdown (2D, ground dp, 236K). Follow up with 6HS or 236HS.
    AA with 6P. Just go for 5S > 2HS > DP for knockdown.
    Greed Sever is bad 99% of the time. 6K is is throw invul.

Play matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Stick arrived, no game though :(

EDIT: And now I have everything! My execution is horrible though!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Hi guys, I have a couple of quick questions on this and was hoping someone here might be able to answer, apologies if these have already been addressed in the thread:

1) Any idea if this is ever getting a European release or should I just order from Play Asia?

2) I have a HRAP Pro V3 SA but I was hoping to pick this game up on PS4. I've read that the PS4 console itself doesn't block the use of the PS3 sticks but that the game makers have to put some code into their game to allow you to use them... so, basically, can I use my PS3 stick to play this game on PS4?

Sorry for the basic questions guys and any answers appreciated.

No European release date has been announced, so it could be quite a long time before its released. The game is out in America though so you're not only limited to Play Asia. Both versions have full English language and text however so you'll be fine with whatever version you decide to go for.

PS3 sticks don't work on the PS4 version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Play-asia had the cheapest US version I could find.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Thanks for the responses. That's a real pity about the sticks. I'm not really a stick collector so would have been handy to use the PS3 stick on PS4... ah well, guess that's a few quid down the drain once I can get my hands on a decent PS4 stick.

Hi guys, I have a couple of quick questions on this and was hoping someone here might be able to answer, apologies if these have already been addressed in the thread:

1) Any idea if this is ever getting a European release or should I just order from Play Asia?

2) I have a HRAP Pro V3 SA but I was hoping to pick this game up on PS4. I've read that the PS4 console itself doesn't block the use of the PS3 sticks but that the game makers have to put some code into their game to allow you to use them... so, basically, can I use my PS3 stick to play this game on PS4?

Sorry for the basic questions guys and any answers appreciated.
    1) http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=xrd

2) yup, gotta save up for PS4 sticks - sure the madness after SFV releases will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqY6o3uZkaA Vesper is doing a Leo tutorial. Worth a watch.

Stick players, what button setup are you using?

I've been using the following:

P-S-HS
    K-D

Might add RC to the right of D, but would be wary of accidentally hitting it.

K-S-HS
    P- -D

Is what I use and is generally the standard. Some people swap P and K around. (Dust under HS with nothing bound between them, in case formatting messes this up)

Can just hit all 3 buttons on upper row for RC and bottom 2 for burst.

Ah now Keith.

Kicks on top?

That can't be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

That's the proper GG layout alright.

P and K positions reflect the Neogeo layout so it doesn't bother me (thought it would if were literally an upside down Capcom layout rather than a rainbow).

I also sometimes put taunt/respect between P and D, haven't hit it by accident yet and it comes in handy sometimes (respect-cancel into Ram sword super from neutral on P2 side so I don't screw it up).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Kicks on top is pretty much the part that I find most difficult in GG at a beginners level. It's so against everything I've trained my brains for in fighters.

Sairus wrote: »
    Kicks on top is pretty much the part that I find most difficult in GG at a beginners level. It's so against everything I've trained my brains for in fighters.
    If only there were a way to change it at the character select screen :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    If only there were a way to change it at the character select screen :pac:
    I always learn games at default controls because it saves a lot of hassle down the line. No dicking around with button selects every time I want to play and I have no problems in arcades.

Sairus wrote: »
    I always learn games at default controls because it saves a lot of hassle down the line. No dicking around with button selects every time I want to play and I have no problems in arcades.
    Didn't you say the Nesica cabs have the option?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Conc_juice

http://pastebin.com/7BK8sFit

i compiled all the changes I could find for latest patch for easier viewing.

yay axl can put pressure with rasen again, I still want [4][6]H cancel

p.s gods of this forum fix the link for me:)

I love how none of Leo's core problems got changed but instead they just made him better at stealing games. King of thieves lives on.

Millia changes aren't too bad but the blitz shield change might do something. Means you definitely have to mix up before disc hits or risk getting blown back. Will make match ups like Sol harder since you have to respect VV.

Haven't seen anything about Sol myself. Wonder if he's getting away with murder. The gorilla can never die.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Conc_juice

http: // pastebin.com/7BK8sFit
    Sol:
    -j.D: CH untechable time increase.
    -Gunflame: YRC window shortened.
    -Kudakero: Drop-Part hitbox expanded.
    On block, drop-part push back farther.
    Initial Prorate added(85%).
    -Riot Stomp: Damage Increased(10-30 > 30-50).
    Initial Prorate added(75%).
    -Grand Viper: Number of mashing input decreased.
    -Fafnir: Level decrased(4 > 3).
    CH rolling time decreased

Eddie seems to have been hit the hardest . I don't think the blitz change will stay since its completely messes up some characters like ino.

Leo is the King can't touch him http :// youtu.be/Bze1tEgGRhw?t=56s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

IT BEGINS.

Pretty lame if Ram IAD corner loops are gone altogether, they were really fun and satisfying to pull off. Getting a wallsplat into oki at the end was a bit too good but I'd like to at least get one IAD followup, maybe choosing between that for damage or something simpler for better oki.

Also, sick durandal sacred edge 1 framers potentially gone? How will Ky get swag now?

Ah who am I kidding nobody plays this game anyway. :pac:

Zato got the worst of it. Millia and Ram got toned down a bit too. I like that they at least tried to do something about Faust F.S. Sol got a slap on the wrist.

Won't really get to see how much the blitz change changes things up until its out because barely anyone uses it as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LinkieFox

I think I like the changes to May. The change to Applause could turn out super good for her, it'll help her pressure at least. Nothing helping her bad matchups, though, which is a shame.

She got nothing but buffs and they all got nerfed. Characters like Ky will still be trouble but at least there'll be less knockdown to death from Zato/Millia/Ram.

• Advertisement

Cool, Ky is still useable.

Advertisement