Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Most games with guts give each character different scaling as well.

Doesn't bother me at all. In fact I think it works well for GG combined with the guard gauge scaling and wildly different proration on starters, you can never quite tell if someone's dead to rights.

Might bother me in a slow calculated game like SF, but that hasn't happened yet so meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Brother's getting me a US disc copy for Christmas, so I'll have to wait for my Xrd fix.

XX^C+ on Wii it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Anyone looking to gameshare (PS3)?
    Done.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Anyone looking to gameshare (PS3)?

Please organise this in person

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Ramza wrote: »
    Awesome, thanks for that dude. I really wish they kept FRC as it was, it was 1f IIRC in ^C and was really tough to do, for the reward you got from it, it definitely merited it's difficulty.

I watched some Ogawa play eddie in Xrd (Ogawa was THE Eddie player for those who don't know). I see they changed Eddie's shadow K to the way it was back in #R, which is actually a big nerf as his shadow K was so insanely powerful in ^C, but I think this is a good change as the way it is now (the big moving gear animation which locks people in blockstun) is still awesome too. Also I think I saw Ogawa successfully do Eddie's signature UB setup a few times on videos, I guess there's no way they could have removed the UBs? Eddie still looks god tier in this game

It varied from move to move. Order Sol's were definitely not 1f. To counteract how easy they are now there's a much more obvious tell. As said back there, there's more to it than just that but I didn't want to write a huge explanation in the picture thread and don't know 100% of the details.

Ogawa is still the god Eddie. His UBs are still there but the game just feels like there's enough strong characters that its not out of place.
    They actually did release AC+ here on PS2 and Wii, not very common though. I never saw AC+R anywhere- I don't think we got that one.

US/JP PS3 version of AC on PS3 had it, most on 360 as far as I know. We actually have it on one of the PS3s in the XGC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Naphiel wrote: »
    It varied from move to move. Order Sol's were definitely not 1f.

Ah thanks for clearing that up, on the topic is order sol still in this? Spose if it's based on #R he won't be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Best place to import this or am I better setting up a U.S. psn account and getting it as a download?\\

EDIT: Ordered from VG+

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

Naphiel wrote: »
    We actually have it on one of the PS3s in the XGC.

Aw, I wish I knew that earlier

My character crisis starts now.

A thing I noticed in the options menu (PS3): there's a toggle for graphics/performance.

My character crisis starts now.

I know, right? Who you looking at? I haven't even had a chance to try everyone yet, and already Chipp, Axl, Ky and Slayer all look pretty good.
    A thing I noticed in the options menu (PS3): there's a toggle for graphics/performance.

Yeah, I really wasn't expecting to see that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

All right guys, just to point this post out:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93452931&postcount=20

Doesn't mean you have to stop chatting about Xrd, just we have to stop the chatter about circumventing geographical locks (it's legally up in the air).

I assume linking to websites for import disc versions is still fine as the console and game are region free.

I assume linking to websites for import disc versions is still fine as the console and game are region free.

Would assume so, as per the post it should only apply to things like having to bluff PSN to get foreign region DLC, etc.

The physical game can be legally acquired and played on any PS3, absolutely no shenanigans required - unless flat out being posted a game from somewhere else is now legally shady as well?

Confirmation a la Doom?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I can't see that being a problem at all.

I believe the issue is recommending people to falsify addresses, etc. Buying something from outside the EU is definitely not the same thing!

All right guys, just to point this post out:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93452931&postcount=20

Doesn't mean you have to stop chatting about Xrd, just we have to stop the chatter about circumventing geographical locks (it's legally up in the air).
    Even importing of physical products?

If so, that seems excessive.

*edit* Derp

@Constant: I'm looking at Slayer cos he's a Count and has a cool beard.

I'm looking at Slayer cos he's a Count and has a cool beard.

Nice. Not to mention the poetry. That almost deserves its own thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Set it to performance. The Graphics mode will do its best to emulate the PS4, and will chop your framerate some of the time. Setting it to performance will reduce the quality, but ensure a (more) consistent framerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Finally got my hands on a mate's PS3, got the game downloaded. People post up your PSN IDs here and I will add you for games, or you can add me ; Breakfastroll91

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_zOqhhY3Ns

just based on these quotes, Leo is already pretty damn epic.

EDIT: Played him today. He IS epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Made a thread on Dustloop for any Irish lurkers there interested in playing offline.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10077-official-irish-guilty-gear-thread/

• Advertisement

That Xrd stick I was talking about last time is back in stock at Play Asia. Looks decent enough- you know, if you've got €300+ to burn.

http://www.play-asia.com/guilty-gear-xrd-sign-arcade-stick-paOS-13-49-en-70-86j3.html

That Xrd stick I was talking about last time is back in stock at Play Asia. Looks decent enough- you know, if you've got €300+ to burn.

http://www.play-asia.com/guilty-gear-xrd-sign-arcade-stick-paOS-13-49-en-70-86j3.html
    That thing is ugly as Sin!

I have a weird bug in my copy. I decided to watch the arcade intros and trailers in the gallery for the heck of it and the game froze everytime I selected "arcade version 1 intro".

Not a big deal as I can obviously still play the game normally but I was wondering if anyone else has come across it.

Macal wrote: »
    the game froze everytime I selected "arcade version 1 intro".

I don't think I've unlocked that video yet, so I can't say, sorry.

Looks great to me, proper rugged manly looking stick, no waifus on it.

I don't think I've unlocked that video yet, so I can't say, sorry.

It's unlocked from the beginning.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2014/12/21/ogawa-kog-dogura-coming-to-northwest-majors.html

I don't know if this is old news yet, but I figured it was worth posting.

Damn play-asia and their slow delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Hoping to arrive home tomorrow to this and my new HRAP4.

Suggestion for a character who's brand new to the series?

Advertisement