Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

iseegirls wrote: »
    They rushed through a lot of episodes before 31st December, so I can only presume they had the rights until 2014, but don't this year. But that's only a presumption.

Life looks to be starting on 18th February according to their Facebook page.

Will Life be on 3e?
    I think the episodes at Christmas were mainly Holdiay episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Elmo wrote: »
    Will Life be on 3e?

They flew through a lot of episodes between November and December. Some Sundays nearly had about 10 episodes. But they managed to show all the episodes until the last one, along with a few Xmas and NYE episodes. But since then, there's been none. Now it could be on a break, and could return - like what they do with That 70s Show.

Oh, sorry for confusion, Life will be on TV3, just put in under that comment earlier. Starting on a Wednesday - strange day to start. Maybe the Champions League is starting back that week. I feel they got a bit of a shock with The Lie and Nothing To Declare making no headway with ratings. There was reports that the lack of money made available by TV3 for this show meant that it won't be on till summer, but seems like it a been brought forward.

Will Life be on 3e?

They flew through a lot of episodes between November and December. Some Sundays nearly had about 10 episodes. But they managed to show all the episodes until the last one, along with a few Xmas and NYE episodes. But since then, there's been none. Now it could be on a break, and could return - like what they do with That 70s Show.

Oh, sorry for confusion, Life will be on TV3, just put in under that comment earlier. Starting on a Wednesday - strange day to start. Maybe the Champions League is starting back that week. I feel they got a bit of a shock with The Lie and Nothing To Declare making no headway with ratings. There was reports that the lack of money made available by TV3 for this show meant that it won't be on till summer, but seems like it a been brought forward.

iseegirls wrote: »

Only thing I heard was that it would be postponed because of other programming. With Nothing To Declare airing in its place until it starts. You'd wonder why TV3 don't mess around with Nothing To Declare, I know you said that they swapped them around with NTD previous on at 7 but surely TV3 know that stripped episodes of a repeat isn't going to hold an auidence. When it was on at 8pm between coro st, coro st viewers were waiting for the next ep of coro st, it wasn't a great love of NTD IMO.

BTW is NTD still part of TV3's schedule when Life starts?

Only thing I heard was that it would be postponed because of other programming. With Nothing To Declare airing in its place until it starts. You'd wonder why TV3 don't mess around with Nothing To Declare, I know you said that they swapped them around with NTD previous on at 7 but surely TV3 know that stripped episodes of a repeat isn't going to hold an auidence. When it was on at 8pm between coro st, coro st viewers were waiting for the next ep of coro st, it wasn't a great love of NTD IMO.

BTW is NTD still part of TV3's schedule when Life starts?

The series of NTD on TV3 at the moment are new episodes - from Series 8. But yep, when it was sandwiched in-between two Corrie episodes it really helped the ratings. Only 20 episodes of Series 8, so they may go with a different show after that run ends.

• Advertisement

1 FILM: Jack Reacher 145
    2 The Cube 143
    3 All Star Family Fortunes 131
    4 Red Rock 130
    5 The Restaurant 129
    6 The National Television Awards 124
    7 The People's Debate with Vincent Browne 116
    8 Red Rock 112
    9 Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway 107
    10 Judge Judy 103
    11 Tonight With Vincent Browne 102
    12 Xpose 102
    13 The Holiday Show 92
    14 Tonight With Vincent Browne 91
    15 All Star Mr & Mrs 86
    16 Tonight With Vincent Browne 84
    17 Judge Judy 82
    18 FILM: Man About Dog 82
    19 Xpose 81
    20 Judge Judy 81

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Red Rock really is collapsing in ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

L1011 wrote: »
    Red Rock really is collapsing in ratings.

Yeah! I actually like it though.
    I thino if they had played it on better days like eg Monday and Thursday the viewings would be higher.

Red Rock isn't doing to badly considering the programming that leads in and out of the show. Red Rock will only fail because of the other programmes, no matter what TV3 say.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

How does Ireland AM manage to do in the ratings?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

EB_2013 wrote: »
    How does Ireland AM manage to do in the ratings?

Its numbers are very poor but its % share is huge as there's very few people watching TV at all at that time.

L1011 wrote: »
    Its numbers are very poor but its % share is huge as there's very few people watching TV at all at that time.

50,000 with a 25% AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭irishmusicfeed

50,000 with a 25% AFAIK

Don't worry kids GMB is coming to UTV Ireland so instead of knowing what's happening in Ireland; you can now find out about the old granny who's loaf of bread was robbed in East Anglia and who's butt is bigger JLO's or Rihanna's... classy breakfast TV

Don't worry kids GMB is coming to UTV Ireland so instead of knowing what's happening in Ireland; you can now find out about the old granny who's loaf of bread was robbed in East Anglia and who's butt is bigger JLO's or Rihanna's... classy breakfast TV

Still sounds better than Ireland AM. I only usually watch Ireland AM for the news slots as the rest of the programme is very poor. Just seems to be endless product placements.

Any idea when GMB will be starting on UTV Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

February 2nd. It wouldn't be my cup of tea but surely it should bring in more advertising than the alternative rubbish currently showing at that time

50,000 with a 25% AFAIK

If that is the average rating for Ireland AM, then it means it has higher viewership than all of UTV Ireland's weekend programming. Their highest show over Saturday and Sunday was Outnumbered with 49,000.

lertsnim wrote: »
    February 2nd. It wouldn't be my cup of tea but surely it should bring in more advertising than the alternative rubbish currently showing at that time

Would teleshopping not bring in possibly the same advertising money anyway? Unsure how it works, but would Teleshopping pay money for chunks of airtime, so that's guaranteed income. But stripping that out, would the adverts inbetween GMB cover what Teleshopping was paying before?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Still sounds better than Ireland AM. I only usually watch Ireland AM for the news slots as the rest of the programme is very poor. Just seems to be endless product placements.

Any idea when GMB will be starting on UTV Ireland?

I actually like Ireland AM. BUt rarely get to see it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Gits_bone wrote: »

Might be why you still like it.:)

Gits_bone wrote: »

The catch up ones they do at the weekend aren't too bad as they usually feature interviews and cut out all the other rubbish.

It will be interesting to see their viewing figures once GMB starts on UTV Ireland.

• Advertisement

People's Debate sound, is it terrible?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Yeah! I actually like it though.
    I thino if they had played it on better days like eg Monday and Thursday the viewings would be higher.

Or as a Sunday omnibus, given the ratings dramas get on that night - it'll enter Ros na Run territory soon if it's left in mid-week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

It may be copying the One Show format, but the ratings can't fall any lower up against Emmerdale, so actually worth the gamble!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

3e is a complete joke..they showed a Graham Norton episode from 2013 last night..only on 3e..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

How would this indicate the beginning of the end for TV3? Surely having a live show at 7pm is a positive thing? An alternative for those who don't want to watch Emmerdale or Nationwide?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

How would this indicate the beginning of the end for TV3? Surely having a live show at 7pm is a positive thing? An alternative for those who don't want to watch Emmerdale or Nationwide?

I thought xpose was the same programme

it will get under 100,000 viewers if its lucky

TV3/utv merge will be in place inside 6 months maybe

I actually cant see TV3 and UTV merging. If anything happens, I think UTV will bankrupt TV3 and then snatch up their programs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement

I would prefer to see it the other way around. UTV have made a string of bad decisions, and if this continues its possible that UTV might be the ones shutting up shop. UTV has one of the worst TV schedules I have ever seen, robots for news presenters and are now going to play Good Morning Britian every weekday morning. This will rival Ireland Am, but I can tell which will get the better viewing statistics pretty easily.

It will end up in a war between UTV and TV3 in the end, who wins is another question.

The cancellation of Late Lunch Live and replacing it with The 7 O'clock show is a smart and strategic decision by TV3. If its any good it may get a few viewers.

Advertisement