Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SANTA STRIKE FORCE 2014! PLEASE DONATE AND SHARE!!!! :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

+ €50 adverts sales. Transaction ID *******36Y057613L

Ty to AlmightyCushion and snip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

E20 just transferred there.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beasty wrote: »

Firstly I want to be the ultimate thanks whore - I will donate €1 for every thanks I get in this thread before XMas day.:)
    458 by my reckoning
    OK, I'll throw in another €20 for every poster that pledges anything (however big or small) between now and midnight on XMas Eve (apologies Jerrica, Ficheall and The Black Oil!!)
    Another 18 or 20 depending on which way you look at it - €360 or €400

So €858 plus my match of Ficheall's match - lat's call it another grand

Total €2,500 from me so I'll call it a (XMas) day there

Have a great one everyone.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

458 by my reckoning

Another 18 or 20 depending on which way you look at it - €360 or €400

So €858 plus my match of Ficheall's match - lat's call it another grand

Total €2,500 from me so I'll call it a (XMas) day there

Have a great one everyone.....
    Happy Christmas to you and yours Beasty... Many deserving people's lives will be improved so much from your amazing donation xx

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Just donated €30

Transaction ID 3X498392RA648661R

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Just read Whoopsies post there. I hadn't seen it the first time around. I'm not religious, but it's the type of thing that makes me realise how lucky I am to have happy healthy children.

Anyway, here's another fifty - 8M0601234D297534W. Now if you will all excuse me, I seem to have something in my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Didn't make it to the comedy night this year, so I've just donated €50. Transaction ID ends 51060H

Keep up the amazing work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'm going to give the game sale another go this year but it was a bit of a failure last time as it clashed with the Steam Christmas sale (and a few others). Is there a time limit on SSF donations?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nope, no time limit! (I've had donations made in the middle of the year believe it or not!).

Deliveries and targets happen throughout the year too as we organise with the targets and source and deliver the goods.

I'm still as sick as a small horse :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Better late than never. 27e donated. Keep up the good work guys and Happy New Year:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Eh I got this email this morn, whats the story? :confused:

Dear -

On 01-Dec-2014, you sent a payment to tom@spin.ie for 30.00 EUR.

The funds have been returned to your account.

This payment was returned for the following reason(s):

tom@spin.ie did not sign up for a PayPal account or did not complete the registration process.

Please contact tom@spin.ie to arrange an alternate payment method.
    If you have any further questions, please log in to your PayPal account and go to the History subtab. Locate this transaction and click the word "Cancelled" in the Details column.

Yours sincerely,
    PayPal

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Shows as unregistered on mine and funds unclaimed (and as a result offers me the chance to cancel). I think in such cases the funds get returned after a month. Oh dear!
    Change of email maybe that wasn't updated on the donation link? Hopefully something simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Just checked, my paypal donation from December 18th hasn't been claimed yet :-(
    Was going to donate more, but will wait now until the first one clears.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ditto

Payment To tom@spin.ie Unclaimed Cancel -€20.00 EUR
    Payment To tom@spin.ie Unclaimed Cancel -€50.00 EUR

Same here. 2 payments unclaimed

Me too. No notification, but if I go into my account it's all been returned.

Who thought it would be this hard to give away money?

Same email received here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ah Jaysus we need to get this sorted asap! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

kfallon wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus we need to get this sorted asap! :(

Mine unclaimed too, will resend once we get a correct email address

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭INPUT INNPUT

??? How was this not spotted weeks ago???

• Advertisement

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok. I'm on this... I switched the account from tom@spin.ie (which is now dead, has been for a few years) to tom@boards.ie which is more permanent.

****, sorry guys and gals, I've been quite unwell and just presumed since people were getting receipts, that it was going in. I'm on it. Will sort it asap.

I'm on to paypal atm... I have a horrible feeling about this. Sorry, this is kinda my screwup but I didn't think changing the primary email associated with the account would lead to this!

HURRAH! Ok sorted. Many thanks to Paypal support for sorting that out. All remaining transactions are being cleared as normal.

The people who had transactions returned will need to resubmit them back but everyone elses is now processed.

Sorry, this was my screwup, I checked the bank account transactions but just presumed since people were posting receipts that they were fine. Of course I tested this back in November and it was fine but THEN did the clean up on the account and changed the email address.
    Lesson of the day, never change your email address on Paypal! (Oh, and paypal support were lovely, very efficient).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Haha Bet you are relieved ;)

Jesus don't talk to me... it was a horrible feeling because I thought they were going to ask me to reconfirm the old email address which they did but they were reasonable about it and after a few other security checks they reassociated the old email to the account. Kinda mental that the transactions are to a specific email address on the account and not to the account itself, but hey, its all good now.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I had a complete nightmare trying to change over the e-mail address for the cycling club Paypal account - ended up starting a new account from scratch. Pleased they sorted it out for you so quickly Tom, as I had visions of this taking a few days. Anyway all my payments went by bank transfer - you've not closed the bank account have you???:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

So, how do i check if my payment went through? I'm a total PayPal noob

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

So, how do i check if my payment went through? I'm a total PayPal noob

log onto paypal
    On 'My account' tab click 'view all transaction'

Your donation will be listed with a payment staus saying unclaimed or completed

Mine was unclaimed earlier but is now showing as completed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Mine is also completed now :)

Advertisement