Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SANTA STRIKE FORCE 2014! PLEASE DONATE AND SHARE!!!! :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

€100 via PayPal transaction ending in 20534.

Fair play to Beasty, Jerrica and Ficheall for their generosity.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

€50 from me. Transaction ending in 0283N.

Fair play to beasty, ficheall and jerrica ... Legends, the lot of ye xx

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Intothesea

€240 for the Christmas kitty and fair dues to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

€25 through paypal Ref xxxxxxxxFX31072IN

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Well, by my reckoning that's around €1001.76 over the past 24 hours. My "top-up" is just over 500, but when I add the effect of matching Ficheall let's call it €600. The Jerrica and Ficheall bring that up by another €660, and the Black Oil adds a further €150 from those 24 hours. A productive day - with over €2,400 effectively added to the total (ignoring the impact of the thanks!)

Thanks for everyone's contributions throughout the thread, and let's keep them coming....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭Kat1170

€20

PP Tx ending 606639

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

€30 sent. Paypal trasaction ending GU652810E

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

100 donated, trans ID 160C, well done to all.

I'm going to post this here.

I'm sure I will be accused of exploiting peoples emotions and you'd be dead feckin right :D

I posted this this day two years ago. A few people were asking me to reconsidering doing the naked mod photo - they were asking me because they were genuinely concerned, I'm very thankful that people cared so much.

I posted this following at 2am following a lengthy drinking session so rather bloody drunk. I got up at 10am and marched to the phoenix park, determined to go through with what I had pledged to do.

It might go some way to explaining why I think it's so important so help out with charities such as SSF. It's very close to my heart. Perhaps digging it up two years later is a bit odd but if it inspires a few more people to throw a few quid toward an excellent cause, then it's worth it imo. If not, I'll just sit here with my tumbleweed :P
    I know that it's all extremely well meaning, I'm grateful of everybody's concern, but in all fairness, I'm a big girl now. I have thought very long and very hard about this, I have spoken to my boards friends and gotten their opinions, I spoke to me aul mammy who thinks it's bloody marvellous.

I have pretty thick skin. I'm fully aware that I don't have the body of a super model, if people decide to be a dick, let them and fcuk them. If people decide to perv, let them have their cheap thrills.

I don't know if you all know this, but my two children were killed in a car crash. My 9 month old daughter died instantly. My 3 yr old son died two days later from a brain injury. Had he not died, I would now a severely brain damaged son. A child who would have required constant care, a child who would have needed the help of charities to assist with his rehabilitation, those charities would have required money, that money would have been acquired through fundraising. Someone else has that child, someone else needs that money. 15k. 15 fcuking thousand euros for me to stand in a pair of pants with my hands on my boobs, no more than you'll see on any beach on your summer holidays.

I really really am touched by how much I'm clearly cared about. My co-mods, admins, and posters I have never had contact with before, have been so so supportive.

I was extremely nervous about this and I'm sure I will be when it comes to photo time, but let me clear up any confusion here; I WANT to do this. I want to be a part of this and I want to know when I'm 80 years of age that I achieved something amazing.

If my offline friends, my boss, anyone - has an issue with this, then that's their problem, not mine.

I would greatly appreciate if we could leave it at that as far as trying to talk me out of it goes :)

<3

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'll throw in another €20 for every poster that pledges anything (however big or small) between now and midnight on XMas Eve (apologies Jerrica, Ficheall and The Black Oil!!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Whoopsadaisydoodles you are amazing!!! Fair f###ing play to you! I totally agree with your attitude and really couldn't give 2 hoots about any ones opinion of me either:-P

I'm going to donate another 20 euro today, through the bank account. I'll do it when I get home.
    My son has had his first year in 9 yrs when he's not been hospitalised, so today I'm counting my blessings and paying it forward.

I really wish it could be more, but every little helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

That's a very sad story whoopsadaisydoodles. I can remember the previous SSF campaigns and the whole 'naked mods' thing, including your year. But I don't remember reading your story. Sharing that is a huge contribution. Kudos.

I have planned to and will be donating after Christmas, but I'm going to donate €5 now for a few reasons:

1. whoopsadaisydoodles exploited my emotions

2. Because a €5 donation is a great gift to any charity

3. There are bonuses on offer thanks to some kind members so it will go a bit further

4. I have been following the thread and everyone's donations are amazing. I may be wrong but I feel that there are less of those who can only afford smaller amounts donating than in other years. And these can really add up to huge sums of money. I'm aware of a psychological effect in which those who can't afford a lot are less likely to donate if those before them donate much greater sums. So just maybe those kind contributors who can only afford smaller sums right now will increase and the thread will get busier.

5. And most importantly kids in need will benefit.

€5 donated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

€15 over paypal [ ending 0951R ]
    Well done to all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Between missing the local SVdP collection, Whoopsadaisydoodles post and Beasty's very generous offer here is another €30 from myself and ZX7R
    PP TX ending ...EE762882L

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

gonna make another donation too.. did an extortionate amount of over time this month and I'm feeling super generous! 100 in the pot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, I'll throw in another €20 for every poster that pledges anything (however big or small) between now and midnight on XMas Eve (apologies Jerrica, Ficheall and The Black Oil!!)

Post reported!

Ara fcukit

There's another €100 in the badmg because wetherspoons saved me a bleedin fortune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

It was a little ambitious of me to think I could ever keep up with the generosity of the legend that is Beasty :o I'm afraid I'm all tapped out now and will have to renege on my pledge match promise.

€2000 donated, transaction ending - 4781U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The generosity from all posters is amazing, fair play to everyone, it's really great to see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I really can't afford to donate much until the new year, but because of Beasty, Jerrica, Ficheall and The Black Oil's incredible generosity (and yet another beasty bonus!), here's a tenner for now. I'm sorry it can't be more yet.

5VK9490201641161Y

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Another 20 in the pot.
    Your transaction ID for this payment is: 0PV60111P91172055.

EDIT: Can I just say, I've never been able to help out previous SSF - I've always been out of work, so this year I'm glad I can help even a little, also just incase somebody wasn't aware, everyone involved here or in previous years, YOU are awesome! and this gets me in the feels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

€10 donated, transaction ending 3414R

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Beasty wrote: »

Will throw in another €20 myself so. (ending in 07042R)

Fair play Beasty

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Another 20 from me, just cos. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

100 from me ending 64105G

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

Another €30 from me, txn ending 1233S.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

We ran a Christmas Pet Photo Competition over in the Animals and Pets Forum, and tonight our winners were announced.
    At first, there was meant to be one winner.
    Then I had my arm twisted (it didn't take much :o) to donate more money to the SSF for the photos that came 2nd and 3rd.

Our winner was Hooked with his magnificent picture of his two Siberian Huskies, Hugo and Jack. €25 has just been donated to the SSF on Hooked's behalf, transaction ending -8710R :):cool:
    Here's the winning pic!

5F1491AB-FA5A-4F75-BCAF-8BDFB8F8743F_zpsjkfmmfr8.jpg

In 2nd place was Knine (last year's winner) with a gas pic of her two Border Terriers playing Hide and Seek. €15 has been donated on Knine's behalf to the SSF, transaction ending -8353J ;):)

Here's the pic in question :o
    2vm8pw3.jpg

And finally, in 3rd place we have Lia Lia's old Cocker Spaniel lady, Holly. This lovely pic won our new category called "Never Forget", a category to commemorate and remember or departed pets this Christmas :o
    As you can see, Holly was an older lady, but hey! Age is just a number, isn't it?! Holly clearly liked to wring every bit of fun out of life.
    €10 has been donated on Lia Lia and Holly's behalf to the SSF, transaction ending -6291B

And here is Holly's prize-winning pic::)
    fc8c001a-cb37-461a-8159-a5cf02e69393_zpsdeddaf84.jpg

So, that's a total of €50 donated from the A&PI forum :);):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

20€ donated just now by bank transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Ok never mind!

€100.35 gone in from me, literally all I had in my account!

8RX93698MW687154A

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Beasty mentioned his occupation in a PM...I was told there'd be no maths. :pac:

€650 donated - ending 4405C.

Advertisement