Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Heard an interview recently about Dave Grohl not liking the idea of bands playing albums in full now I'm not keen on it either there can be exceptions to a certain extent obviously.
    For all the club shows before the release of Wasting Light the first half was Wasting Light in full, the problem the Foos have is that they are very big with a lot of "fair weather" fans so a lot of even headline shows are the equivalent of a festival show for other bands so have to play the crowd pleasers. They have said they hate Learn To Fly yet play it at almost every show I have ever seen them at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭fluke

I would love to see Pearl Jam try make an album like this (minus the tv show)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

This was confirmed by Dave Grohl this afternoon on Rick O' Shea's show on 2FM.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/1112/658824-foo-fighters-announced-for-slane-2015/

We are playing Slane Castle on May 30th next year . . . I probably wasn't meant to say it but I just did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Threw me hat at that Kickstarter project find out on Monday if it's going ahead.

The usual weekend of Rock Werchter which moved playing that I imagine for sure.

Yep confirmed headlining the Thursday at Werchter 25th of June, also announced as the First headliner for Pinkpop Saturday 14th of June

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Might be in the very low percentage but i have to say im loving the new Foo's record . I think after watching each episode and seeing where the song comes from helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Might be in the very low percentage but i have to say im loving the new Foo's record . I think after watching each episode and seeing where the song comes from helps

I completely agree, I love the lyrics and the meaning behind them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I wasn't too fond of the songs when I heard them individually but listening to them collectively they sound better. I'm really enjoying the TV series as well and as you say, seeing how the song comes together makes you appreciate it a bit more maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

kaiser chiefs and hozier added to the bill at slane , really disappointed to be honest 7 years ago Foos played marley and nearly sold it out 4 days later the chiefs played a sold out show in the same venue how times change but anyway I like both supports just not for this bill
    on sale Monday €79.50 plus fees

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Bit too pricey for myself, which is a pity because I saw them a the Point on their One By One tour and it was an EXCELLENT show.

Kaiser Chiefs will def get the crowd going before the Foo's , Hozier is perfect (if we get nice weather) to chilax with a few beers and enjoy some blues

Will probably skip Slane and go see the Foo's in England, €80 is a bit pricey, and not too pushed on the support bands either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

UK get Royal Blood ansd Iggy & The Stooges
    WE get Hozier and Kaiser Chiefs

I know who go the raw end of that deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭Penfailed

UK get Royal Blood ansd Iggy & The Stooges
    WE get Hozier and Kaiser Chiefs

I know who go the raw end of that deal!

There's more to be added to the bill.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

I would not totally rule out Royal Blood being announced

I would not totally rule out Royal Blood being announced

Nor would I :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Just got two tickets on the presale if anyone wants the code pm me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

never mind pm - if the presale is still going on, the code is HIGHWAYS.

roll on May 30th! \m/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Penfailed wrote: »
    There's more to be added to the bill.

Guarantee you it'll be two crap bands that the promoter gets on the cheap. Any decent bands would have been announced at this stage. In Ireland promoters get away with much weaker lineups for gigs like this than in other countries as the majority of people will go anyway to see the headliner.

I hope I'm wrong! :p:p

I hope I'm wrong! :p:p

I hope you're wrong too :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I've watched all but the last two episodes of Sonic Highways, and have enjoyed all the songs up until now when preceded by the stories of the Cities they were created in. But honestly, as an album, it's really quite poor.

Dave Grohl should definitely keep making documentaries though.

So the Foo Figthers threw a birthday bash for Dave in LA's Forum, even though Dave's 46th birthday isn't until Wednesday, quiet a line up assembled for a birthday bash, Slash, Lemmy Kilmister, Alice Cooper, Perry Farrell, Nick Oliveri, Trombone Shorty, Paul Stanley, David Lee Roth, Tenacious D.
    Was also Foo Fighters 1st show of 2015.

Detroit Rock City - (KISS cover) (with Paul Stanley)
    Do You Love Me - (KISS cover) (with Paul Stanley)
    All My Life
    Rope
    The Pretender
    My Hero
    Tie Your Mother Down - (Queen cover) (with Slash and Tenacious D)
    Immigrant Song - (Led Zeppelin cover) (with Slash and Tenacious D)
    Congregation
    Walk
    School's Out - (Alice Cooper cover) (with Alice Cooper)
    I'm Eighteen - (Alice Cooper cover) (with Alice Cooper)
    Cold Day in the Sun
    Monkey Wrench
    Two Headed Dog - (Roky Erickson cover) (with Nick Oliveri
    Learn to Fly
    White Limo
    Arlandria
    N.I.B.- (Black Sabbath cover) (with Zakk Wylde)
    Faeries Wear Boots - (Black Sabbath cover) (with Zakk Wylde)
    Times Like These
    Outside
    Mountain Song - (Jane’s Addiction cover) (with Perry Farrell)
    Miss You - (The Rolling Stones cover) (with Perry Farrell)
    Something From Nothing
    This Is a Call
    Jam - (with Trombone Shorty)
    Best of You
    Panama - (Van Halen cover) (with David Lee Roth)
    Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love - (Van Halen cover) (with David Lee Roth)
    Everlong
    Let It Rock - (Chuck Berry cover) (With Lemmy Kilmister, Slash and Zakk Wylde)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Would love to see decent footage of that entire gig. Looks like it was amazing.

Found the best i could find on Youtube of Dave's birthday bash.

More self-indulgent sideshows hardly surprising really

Foo Fighters to headline the Friday night of this years Glastonbury.

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2015-02-18/foo-fighters-to-headline-glastonbury

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

They're getting like Camp Freddy now.

The Foos don't know whether they want to sound like Tom Petty or a heavier Eagles or a plain heavy rock band.

Make up your mind.

Advertisement