Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Encounters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

1. Where?
    2. Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

KungPao wrote: »
    I used to hate threads like this when a certain poster was still around...

**** like "I have worked closely with some high profile people indeed, in the political field and the entertainment business. I know more about them than any journalist, but please do not ask me to name names. It would not be wise of me to do so."

I notice that we haven't heard much from Biggins since Max Clifford was locked up.

I said 'who'?

Is it a Canadian person?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Laura Palmer

Met Buster Bloodvessel of Bad Manners on Patrick Street in Cork once.

Ah, so Hozier is singer from Bray who has a Christ-like appearance.

Learn summat new every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

I served Reuben in work once.... (RTE Junior presenter, that counts right? )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

KungPao wrote: »
    Ah, so Hozier is a really good singer /songwriterfrom Bray who has a Christ-like appearance.

Learn summat new every day!

ftfy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Oh yeah forgot about this one, was driving along Upper Leeson street few months back when a blonde, middle aged lady darted across on front of me in an obvious hurry and pulling a suitcase along, forcing me to brake.

While muttering expletives under my breath, I copped who it was, none other than Anne Doyle, all was forgiven instantly.

I know who he is now, with the help of Google.

Never heard of him til you mentioned him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Worked for Ricky Martin's (Livin' la vida loca) Charity in Puerto Rico for a while, met him a few times, very humble guy, remembered who I was every time we met (infairness I was the pale paddy in the office). My most awesome experience with celebs was again in Puerto Rico, managed to get chatting to Calle 13 (a reggaeton/political/rap) group..they were in the middle of writing their newest album and were toying with a Celtic/Irish theme. They asked me to swing by their studio, hang out, discuss Irish music...best experience ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭thingamagig

EazyD wrote: »
    Oh yeah forgot about this one, was driving along Upper Leeson street few months back when a blonde, middle aged lady darted across on front of me in an obvious hurry and pulling a suitcase along, forcing me to brake.

While muttering expletives under my breath, I copped who it was, none other than Anne Doyle, all was forgiven instantly.
    Anne's a fine woman! Remember her visiting my town with Ian Dempsey when I was a kid. Big impression made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Anne's a fine woman! Remember her visiting my town with Ian Dempsey when I was a kid. Big impression made.

She is indeed. Often see her in Rathmines and truth be told for a woman of her age she still has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

What a boring thread.

C'mon AH - where's the dirt on these people?

I suggest you read a ****ty celebrity magazine if that's what you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I walked passed tim burton in disneyland two years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

Met Ray Houghton and George Hamilton in Basel at an away match. In the same pub, great craic
    Met Yasmin le Bon and her kid in London when I was working as a bin man in London in 1989.
    Stopped in our bin lorry when Diana and Wills/Harry were being taken to school so saw them from a few feet away.
    Emptied the bins at Dave Allens house
    Met Packie Bonnar in a pub in Liverpool before a match. Took him ages to get served. The barman didn't recognise him
    Met Derek Davis in Cork
    I challenge anyone to beat me on the most bin related celebrity posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭thingamagig

EazyD wrote: »
    She is indeed. Often see her in Rathmines and truth be told for a woman of her age she still has it.

Agree. It's the sass that does it!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I used to share a house with a guy who is now a Labour TD. One of the ones you see on TV quite a bit.
    If he doesn't cop the f#%k on I'll be digging out the old party photos, know what I mean? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

I was in Blanc SC one time when I saw what I thought was a particularly convincing transvestite. Turns out it was the horrible wreck that is Glenda Gilson.

Does that count?

Also, fixed Sinead O Connors car before and shuck Andy Townsends hand once

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

When I was about 8-9 I asked David O'Leary, who was sat next to me at some dinner party or something, had he got Sky. When he said yes, I asked him, in the most sincerest of fashions, why he even bothered paying for it as Leeds (whom he was manager of at the time) weren't even good enough to get broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I helped put on a gig a few years ago that DJ Scotch Egg played at. He ended up in my apartment listening to music and smoking. It was awesome, he's really sound.

Also once told one of the guys from Westlife or some other shitty band like that to get out of the way of the door so I could leave HMV.

I saw The Edge once, 100% was him, in the next aisle at the Stephen's Green Centre Dunnes checkouts. I was just giving him that "surely that isn't yer man" stare for a few seconds and he gave me the "yip, that's me" nod and wink. Class.
    Met/saw a few people around Donnybrook/Rathmines/Ranelagh: Ryan Tubridy, Colin Farrell, Ken Doherty. Usual suspects.
    Had a chat with Garrett Fitzgerald once. What a gent.

nc19 wrote: »
    I was in Blanc SC one time when I saw what I thought was a particularly convincing transvestite. Turns out it was the horrible wreck that is Glenda Gilson.

Does that count?

Also, fixed Sinead O Connors car before and shuck Andy Townsends hand once
    A tad bit harsh, no?

I helped put on a gig a few years ago that DJ Scotch Egg played at. He ended up in my apartment listening to music and smoking. It was awesome, he's really sound.
    Just in case nobody else knows who DJ Scotch Egg is... he is absolutely ****ing the bomb. I'd love to see a gig of his.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

Sat at a table beside Mark & Donnie Wahlberg in a restaurant in Boston a couple of years back. Have never had such craic in my life. Both of them drinking whiskey by the bucket load. We were chatting away & then my sisters arrived late to our table. As they sat down they were too busy apologising to us for being being really late to notice who was beside us. Everything kind of settled down & myself & Donnie were talking about the Cliffs of Moher & my younger sister just peered over her menu as if to say "what the hell is going on here?" I just stopped & said "do you not know the lads?" The 2 Wahlberg's thought this was the funniest thine since sliced bread. We chatted away for the entire dinner & I tried to pursuade them to come drinking with us but they disappeared not long before I finaihed my dinner. Would have loved a bit of a session with them but unfortunately didn't get one! Both really nice fellas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Years ago when I lived in Drumcondra, I was waiting to cross the road beside Quinns pub. A limo passed by and a guy stuck his head out the window and shouted "Run ya mad Bastard!!"

Adam Clayton from U2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

My wife and her sister had an encounter with that astrologer fella (Fergie) that was on live at 3 during the 90's. It was in Ballybunnion golf hotel the youngsters were making a racket during the day and me man barges out of his room in his pajamas and sleep mask giving out that he was trying to sleep and to keep down the racket :D They met Derek Davis that evening and told him the story and he said he was going to give him a doing about it :D He gave them his autograph and wrote a short poem about Fergie I can't think of it now but it had sleep Fergie sleep in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

lertsnim wrote: »
    I suggest you read a ****ty celebrity magazine if that's what you're looking for.

You sound like you know a lot about this sort of thing - could you recommend one?

I have a glance through "Hello" magazine whenever I'm at the dentists, but it is almost as gushing as some of the reviews on here.

Advertisement