Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikon d3200 w 18-55mm Lens €270 in Argos (€245 with Nikon Cashback)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Is that body better from d3100?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

devil-80 wrote: »
    Is that body better from d3100?

If you mean is it better than the 3100 then, yes.

http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/roundup/cameracomparison-roundup/differences-between-the-nikon-d3100-and-d3200/2/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

270 honored in Argos Dun Laoghaire

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

This out of stock everywhere?
    Can you order from one store to another with Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

any spare reservations in dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

I paid a good bit more than this last year for this camera. I would definitely recommend this camera for beginner photographers. I absolutely love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bencil Dornay

As a complete Newbie what does a VR lens give you over a non VR Lens ?

was looking at an EOS 1200D before i saw this but now i'm even more confused...too much choices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Seems to be sold out now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

As a complete Newbie what does a VR lens give you over a non VR Lens ?

was looking at an EOS 1200D before i saw this but now i'm even more confused...too much choices.

Vibration reduction. It'll compensate for very small movements of the camera and allow you to take photos at a slower shutter speed without blurring. You'd have to be very slow (under 1/50th of a second) to see the benefits of it at 18-55mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bencil Dornay

That's what i was thinking Kenny. thanks for the reply

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Few people obviously bought them for adverts... , or plan on getting their reservations when someone buys it.
    Haven't picked up mine but dono if the camera not having it own motor will be a big problem getting other lenses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

The lens is non vr not the camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

269 honoured in Tallaght , Have a spare reservation for Athlone if anyone is interested

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

damian139 wrote: »
    The lens is non vr not the camera
    I know the lens is not vr, didn't someone say above that the d3200 model camera doesn't have a built in motor so choices are limited on lenses as ya have to with one that has a built in motor for the auto focus?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Lenny wrote: »
    Few people obviously bought them for adverts... , or plan on getting their reservations when someone buys it.
    Haven't picked up mine but dono if the camera not having it own motor will be a big problem getting other lenses?

Only if you want to buy some older lenses. Most have motors these days, but may be a little more expensive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nikon_F-mount_lenses_with_integrated_autofocus_motor

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I preordered 2 of the Nikon cameras in Tullamore but I only meant to order one.

Not sure what. Can do as there is only one reservation code for the accidental double order :(

At least Argos will re advertise the spare one after the collection time deadline expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭prince20

galait wrote: »
    269 honoured in Tallaght , Have a spare reservation for Athlone if anyone is interested

Ill take the athlone code if you wish...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I have a code for Killarney and crescent for a friend, when he decides which one he wants, the other is up for grabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

IF anyone sees any walk in SD Memory Card Deals anywhere please post them too :). I'd say minimum 32GB. ideally Class 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

PM Sent to Prince20 with code for Athlone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

I preordered 2 of the Nikon cameras in Tullamore but I only meant to order one.

Not sure what. Can do as there is only one reservation code for the accidental double order :(

At least Argos will re advertise the spare one after the collection time deadline expires.

AFAIK if you use the self service they give you an option to delete each individual part of what you reserved.

Very nice of you Sir !

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

TheDriver wrote: »
    I have a code for Killarney and crescent for a friend, when he decides which one he wants, the other is up for grabs

if u mean the crescent limerick , i'll take it, cheers

Someting tells me quite a few BA regulars will be spending 2015 over here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

If anyone has a spare reservation for Navan/Dundalk I would appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭prince20

Thank you so much :):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Lads that is some price. Genuinely up there for bargain of the year in my eyes. Have the camera and love it. Paid near €500 with a longer lens two years ago next February. Hope those of you that buy the cameras make use of them!

10838019574_8d51914070_c.jpgDSC_0413 by , on Flickr

Lenny wrote: »
    And..... they're off :rolleyes:

http://www.adverts.ie/digital-cameras/brand-new-nikon-d3200-w-18-55mm-lens/6937279

• Registered Users Posts: 45 PuddinBum

Any reservations for swords?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

would take a dublin reservation if anyone has one thanks!
    or meath or kilkenny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement