Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's Online - PS4 Edition

Options
  • 18-11-2014 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭

I'll be online from half 8 to near 10 if anyone's up for some shenanigans?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Will be if the bloody thing installs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Have you guys managed to get online?

It won't let me online without downloading that update but it won't let me update it when I try!

Any ideas?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Have you guys managed to get online?

It won't let me online without downloading that update but it won't let me update it when I try!

Any ideas?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93089930&postcount=568

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Cheers Axwell!

Guys I don't know if this is a coincidence or not but I turned my PS4 off for about 20 minutes and turned it back on and the update worked automatically for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just an idea, but perhaps a group chat should be set up on PS4? Cormac.. set one up for Destiny and it's been great, but probably not required as much for Gta.

• Advertisement

It was handy for Raids and strikes mainly because people were different levels in Destiny for doing missions etc. Dont know if its as much use on GTA but whatever people think works best.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah the mic works perfect on gta. You can set it to public or friends and crew only, its already like one big private chat party.

Good laugh on there, did we get 7 or 8? Climb to chiliad was class, cops were a pain in the hole though.

I'll be back on again around 11.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ah the mic works perfect on gta. You can set it to public or friends and crew only, its already like one big private chat party.

Good laugh on there, did we get 7 or 8? Climb to chiliad was class, cops were a pain in the hole though.

I'll be back on again around 11.30

Feck ye all.

I'll see ye Thursday night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Is the little earpiece and mic that comes with the ps4 any good?
    Is that what people are using?

Thought my wireless ps3 headset would work with ps4, but some thing's missing!

Its grand, does the job like but its just an in ear. If you prefer headphones then obviously you get better sound since they cover both ears or a headset even with one will cover your whole ear. Prefer a headset myself but mines out of action at the minute and have been using the ear piece in the mean time.

• Advertisement

Cool, it'll have to do for now! :D

Yupp using the one that comes with the ps4 and it's grand. Jumping on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Trying to get back on now, either my net or the servers been dodgy.

Putting my ps4 to sleep while the patch downloaded did the trick for me, I was having an unholy amount of issues with it until trying that.

I'll never get used to this 1st person madness.

Can't get in at all.
    Keeps kicking me to SP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

Won't be online til Xmas :(

Will keep the PS3 crew flag going!

Me neither, looks like it's SP for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I just want to say....Called it!!

I just want to say....Called it!!

Pretty sure the entire Rockstar community called it :P

I'm in there in a session on my own, but I just can't join other humans!! :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I'm in there in a session on my own, but I just can't join other humans!! :D

I joined a session that you were just getting kicked out of about 5 times tonight xD

• Advertisement

I joined a session that you were just getting kicked out of about 5 times tonight xD

haha, just my luck, i had to give up after 5 or 6 tries.

i went into a solo session and driving around in the lashing rain, the other peds driving were losing control and spinning in their cars, the ground was so wet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Hope to be on tonight 8-ish.

Wired for sound and down for whatever...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I'll defo be on tonight. Was in a game last night with a good few crew members, but without randomers to kill you don't know whether or not you'll be overstepping the mark in killing crew members or, you know, burn their cars out or whatever. Gonna put a bounty on someone tonight if I can.

Is there an option on PS4 to join a friend's current game? There was an option on the 360 to select someone from your friends list and join the current game (if it said joinable).

Also, are people getting kicked much from servers with a few people in them?

I'll defo be on tonight. Was in a game last night with a good few crew members, but without randomers to kill you don't know whether or not you'll be overstepping the mark in killing crew members or, you know, burn their cars out or whatever. Gonna put a bounty on someone tonight if I can.

Is there an option on PS4 to join a friend's current game? There was an option on the 360 to select someone from your friends list and join the current game (if it said joinable).

Also, are people getting kicked much from servers with a few people in them?

Yes, the options in the pause menu under the friends tab, just select that person, and 'join game' or whatever it says.

Kicks for everyone.

Yeah, if you press Options and go to Friends tab, you can see who is in SP -V beside their name and who is online - World symbol beside their name. Press x on them and you can join their game.

I might start a Player Index so we can get a list of everyone's Boards username, Gamertag and Rockstar usernames in one thread, might make it easier to find someone especially if they have 3 different usernames, my brain can't handle that much information :(

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yeah, if you press Options and go to Friends tab, you can see who is in SP -V beside their name and who is online - World symbol beside their name. Press x on them and you can join their game.

I might start a Player Index so we can get a list of everyone's Boards username, Gamertag and Rockstar usernames in one thread, might make it easier to find someone especially if they have 3 different usernames, my brain can't handle that much information :(

Been considering deleting this Boards account and making a new one, just so it matches up with my PSN actually. I'm sure I confuse a few..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Been considering deleting this Boards account and making a new one, just so it matches up with my PSN actually. I'm sure I confuse a few..

Subscribe to boards for a month, €5 i think and you get a free name change

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

I was going to create a new PSN account when I get a PS4 to get a new username (TacoMan_Nooooo/Shaddup/Outta Mah Way/99 Laps etc.). I'll take a note of the PSN names in my PS3 friends list and add them again, but does this mean my GTA Online characters will get messed up, or do I just link my R* account to the new PSN name?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

TacoMan wrote: »
    I was going to create a new PSN account when I get a PS4 to get a new username (TacoMan_Nooooo/Shaddup/Outta Mah Way/99 Laps etc.). I'll take a note of the PSN names in my PS3 friends list and add them again, but does this mean my GTA Online characters will get messed up, or do I just link my R* account to the new PSN name?

I'd imagine it's just link the R* name to the new account. I transferred from Xbox and had no previous details with PSN, so I presume it'd be something similar. Can't see any way it wouldn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Im online now, first time in about a year id say. Havnt got a working mic though im afraid

Advertisement