Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SJ4000 1080p Waterproof Action Cam (GoPro Alt) - €58.94 Delivered [Aliexpress.com]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Right, banggood have said that they cannot guarantee delivery before 10th Oct (or at any time actually) as the camera was held up in processing. Weirdly, they shipped an extra battery I bought on it's own, and that should arrive early next week.

I'm just going to either sell the camera when it arrives or send it back to them.

In the meantime, does anyone know where I can get a genuine SJ4000 (no wifi) delivered before next Friday?

I considered buying one from an Irish seller but they're looking for €150+ and I just can't justify that. (The extra €50 odd will come in handly for beers on Copacabana beach :))

Any help appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

connundrum wrote: »
    Right, banggood have said that they cannot guarantee delivery before 10th Oct (or at any time actually) as the camera was held up in processing. Weirdly, they shipped an extra battery I bought on it's own, and that should arrive early next week.

I'm just going to either sell the camera when it arrives or send it back to them.

In the meantime, does anyone know where I can get a genuine SJ4000 (no wifi) delivered before next Friday?

I considered buying one from an Irish seller but they're looking for €150+ and I just can't justify that. (The extra €50 odd will come in handly for beers on Copacabana beach :))

Any help appreciated!

Amazon.co.uk should sort you out.

It's branded Qumox, but the reviews say it's compatible with GoPro accessories etc so you should be grand.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/QUMOX-SJ4000-Silver-Waterproof-helmetcam/dp/B00HHRFHG6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412331387&sr=8-1&keywords=sj4000

Word of warning: don't go flashing the camera around Rio unless you want to be swarmed by muggers. And don't go walking under overpass bridges... the kids swarm down from the favellas and wait for you on the other side... grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plonker

Hi,I wouldnt mind buying a camera for the bike,had so many near ones lately I'm getting paranoid,gettin confused reading all the posts so goin to try the lazy way.. whats the general opinion of the best place to buy a genuine one at a good price with no duty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

What battery time are people getting? I get barely over 1hr on 1080p with the screen off.
    I bought a replacement battery for it too from one of the first links and its too damned big for the camera so its useless!

plonker wrote: »
    gettin confused reading all the posts so goin to try the lazy way

understand completely, I hate reading over-extended threads

Post 315 should sort you

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92362851&postcount=315

Incidentally I've now got two cameras on the bike... one at front and one at back.

Have had success prosecuting dangerous driving with my front camera (put video on DVD and gave to Gardai who followed it up) so decided to get one for the rear as too many close calls.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

mrcheez wrote: »
    understand completely, I hate reading over-extended threads

Post 315 should sort you

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92362851&postcount=315

Incidentally I've now got two cameras on the bike... one at front and one at back.

Have had success prosecuting dangerous driving with my front camera (put video on DVD and gave to Gardai who followed it up) so decided to get one for the rear as too many close calls.

Interesting. Have mine on the rear, and another on my helmet (Contour Roam2 on the helmet, and SJ4000 on the rear). Captures great footage, it'll be interesting to see what the footage will be like now coming into the darker evenings.

Interesting. Have mine on the rear, and another on my helmet (Contour Roam2 on the helmet, and SJ4000 on the rear). Captures great footage, it'll be interesting to see what the footage will be like now coming into the darker evenings.

To be honest I might stick my front one on my helmet. Initially I didn't want to appear as one of "those cyclists", but I reckon it factors as a deterrent to some extent and probably encourages other road users to be on their best behaviour :pac:

ya Its sad but true that you need eyes in the back of yer head on a bike these days!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

ya Its sad but true that you need eyes in the back of yer head on a bike these days!

Ah I wouldn't even say so. I've covered 3500kms this year so far, and haven't had much to report. All commuting cross city too. But it's a good cam for the job, the only thing for me, is that the battery life on my SD28 (clone of SJ4000) is a bit lacking. Going to see what the battery life of this cheap gopro is like and might buy myself a christmas present!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Seems like the gopro battery only last 2hr ish so my SJ lasting 1hr ish doesn't seem so bad then!

• Advertisement

Ron DMC wrote: »
    That's a better deal yeah, and certainly looks legit.

Bullet bitten.

EDIT: Strangely enough came through as €71.75 on paypal for me. Sure what's an extra quid or two when you get an AV cable and a spare battery thrown in?

Finally got a chance to piece this together... discovered there are 3 batteries, one in the camera and 2 spare in the box, did you get this as well or lucky mistake by Foxoffer?

I'll demand my money back for receiving something not as described.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I ordered one from the same link detailed here on September 15th. It was dispatched on September 22nd by Netherlands post and they said it could take up to 10 business days.

It still hasn't arrived.

I sent a mail to cservice@banggood.com yesterday with no reply as of yet.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Seifer wrote: »
    I ordered one from the same link detailed here on September 15th. It was dispatched on September 22nd by Netherlands post and they said it could take up to 10 business days.

It still hasn't arrived.

They probably won't reply via email. They will come back to you sharpish via their forum or on their Facebook page.

They will ask you to give it the full 24/5 working days for delivery, thereafter they seem happy enough to issue refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Seifer wrote: »

It still hasn't arrived.

There is a big delay in Chinese custom at the minute. I have heard loads of reasons..
    "Jewellery heist, and some of the jewels were recovered in a DHL package."
    "Counterfeit U.S. Dollars were seized in a number of packages leaving the docks via normal parcel couriers"
    "Synthetic drugs were seized as they are now illegal in every Country except China"

Whatever the real reason is, we may never know, but parcels are being delayed.

You may find out more information about your package from these links
    http://www.banggood.com/Contact-Us_hl29
    http://forum.banggood.com/forum-40.html
    https://www.facebook.com/banggood?fref=nf
    http://www.postnl.nl/en/english/international-direct-mail/

New gopro out at the moment, 125-129.99 in most places, it may tempt people:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3179488/Trail/searchtext%3EGOPRO.htm

I'm going to pick one up, as a replacement for my fake SJ4000, as the battery life is pretty horrendous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Any one have any links to the dog harness that aren't crazy prices? I can't find one anywhere

Amazon.co.uk should sort you out.

It's branded Qumox, but the reviews say it's compatible with GoPro accessories etc so you should be grand.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/QUMOX-SJ4000-Silver-Waterproof-helmetcam/dp/B00HHRFHG6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412331387&sr=8-1&keywords=sj4000

Word of warning: don't go flashing the camera around Rio unless you want to be swarmed by muggers. And don't go walking under overpass bridges... the kids swarm down from the favellas and wait for you on the other side... grrr

Received this item yesterday from Amazon - cheers. Paid the guts of £100 for the camera and superspeed delivery, but I think it'll be worth it. Went through all the settings etc and am very happy with it.

Already have a buyer for the banggood camera when it (eventually) lands, so I'm not too bad.

On a side note, anyone know of a B&M shop which has decent priced vlog poles? I had one in the order from banggood which was about €10. If any more than that I might just tie the camera to a sweeping brush :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

connundrum wrote: »
    Received this item yesterday from Amazon - cheers. Paid the guts of £100 for the camera and superspeed delivery, but I think it'll be worth it. Went through all the settings etc and am very happy with it.

Already have a buyer for the banggood camera when it (eventually) lands, so I'm not too bad.

On a side note, anyone know of a B&M shop which has decent priced vlog poles? I had one in the order from banggood which was about €10. If any more than that I might just tie the camera to a sweeping brush :D

if you have the handle bar attachment you can put it on a walking pole

Wondering if I can get shorter screws for the handle-bar attachment? I've got it on my seat post and as the seat is positioned far back for comfort my legs are hitting the screws.

These would be fairly easy to source I imagine?

EDIT: hmmm maybe this has the right idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWlI1Gbp9FU

anyone got any working code for Banggood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

anyone got any working code for Banggood?

BGDEAL for $10USD off (Only applies in UK Warehouse)

http://www.banggood.com/SJcam-SJ4000-WiFi-Car-DVR-Camera-Sport-DV-Novatek-Waterproof-p-939976.html

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

Looks pretty good :) A good bit cheaper than a gopro but would it be as strong?

eoin1539 wrote: »

Strong in what way?

You mean dropping it? It does seem fairly lightweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

It's normally used inside a plastic case, which is as strong as any other plastic case I guess

Out of the case I'd say it would break apart fairly easily. In the case it seems fine and can withstand a bike fall!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Anyone found a dog harness like the one go pro have released on any other websites??

Strong in what way?

You mean dropping it? It does seem fairly lightweight.

Ye I mean like dropping it and do you know the depth it can go under water?

Ye I mean like dropping it and do you know the depth it can go under water?

60 metres afaik...

Drop it in the case it should be fine, outside case not sure and I'm not gonna try it!

60 metres afaik...

Drop it in the case it should be fine, outside case not sure and I'm not gonna try it!

Thats pretty deep actually, I'll check it out :) Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Bangood via Holland still the best bet for these? Thinking of ordering two with a couple of spare batteries.

I would like to get them in the most tax efficient way. Not in any huge rush for them (but before Christmas would be a requirement)

Advertisement