Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Stiltzkin wrote: »
    Guys, avoid looking up anything to do with love/hate for a while.
    Potentially got spoiled on a character death for season 5. Irish mirror are absolute imbeciles putting spoilers in article titles. It could be just ****e, like when all the rags were saying Darren was back for Season 4, but Idk. It's best not to go near any news sites and just enjoy the series.

I saw that too over a week ago but decided not to mention it.

If we are talking about the same thing, it looked from the pictures I saw that the scene was filmed and took a bit of work to put together, so I'd say it is legit.

I'd love if it was done just to make the rags look even bigger pillocks than they already are.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I saw that too over a week ago but decided not to mention it.

If we are talking about the same thing, it looked from the pictures I saw that the scene was filmed and took a bit of work to put together, so I'd say it is legit.

I'd love if it was done just to make the rags look even bigger pillocks than they already are.

I have so far managed to avoid all tabbies and their predictions. These may be rags but they are always right! Predicted everything about previous Love/Hate events.

What I can guess is there's going to be a high body count this season and mostly of minor characters. Paddy Pipebomb, Noelie Hughes, Glen/Guinea, Keith Duffy's gym character, perhaps one of the cops, etc. are all likely contenders to be clipped early. I'm sure a major character or two will also be clipped.

How Tommy will feature is anyone's guess. He won't be left in a coma or he won't be left bleeding like in series 3 and 4.

We will know more around this time next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

I have so far managed to avoid all tabbies and their predictions. These may be rags but they are always right! Predicted everything about previous Love/Hate events.

What I can guess is there's going to be a high body count this season and mostly of minor characters. Paddy Pipebomb, Noelie Hughes, Glen/Guinea, Keith Duffy's gym character, perhaps one of the cops, etc. are all likely contenders to be clipped early. I'm sure a major character or two will also be clipped.

How Tommy will feature is anyone's guess. He won't be left in a coma or he won't be left bleeding like in series 3 and 4.

We will know more around this time next week.

It comes around quick. How the hell am I gonna get to watch it in london :(

Another character who has just come into my head I never took much notice of is the corrupt solicitor/accountant Dave. I think when there is a major court case, which is on the cards, the pressure and focus will turn to/on him. So far, it has been plain sailing for this guy but he could become the focus of violence and threats when things start going into courtroom.

Dave has featured first in series 2 as a replacement for another professional who John Boy became untrusting of. In series 3 and 4, he was Nidge's fixer and so far has not got into trouble like say Martin the guard did (getting beaten up by John Boy and being caught in the act of helping Nidge by fellow gardai).

I feel too that series 5 will be among the most violent too. While seasons 3 and 4 were very violent, I think season 5 will see a lot more of Nidge being a victim of violence doled out to him by his enemies. We see that in the clips already shown. In other series, we have seen the most serious violence done onto IRA characters like Git and Dano, gang members Ado, Tommy and Darren and onto civilians like that driver Lizzie beat up.

My predictions for series 5 (I will put into spoiler tags in case these come true!):
    Tommy will not survive long in the new series. He may or may not recover but if he does recover, he will find out about Nidge and Nidge may have to have him killed.

Nidge and Fran will fall out but both will survive. They may have to put differences aside at the end when faced with a common enemy.

Paddy Pipebomb will provide the main action for the first 2 episodes or so. He will nearly kill Nidge but Nidge will end up killing him.

A leadership challenge to Nidge may come from Elmo or Ado with serious consequences for them.

Lizzie seems to be in it but don't know what her role will be.

The IRA storyline may or may not be included. Tony may pop up to help Nidge with something and do another deal. Paulie, the henchman of the drug dealer based in Spain, will be the new Dano and most of the action from the second half of the series will revolve around Nidge trying to get rid of him.

A shootout between the gang and the gardai is inevitable. Someone could get killed in this too. Ado? Elmo?

The finale will be a cliffhanger: perhaps Nidge gets shot and we learn his fate the next time or Nidge is on trial and the verdict is about to be read? Every second series ends with a cliffhanger: Series 1 and 3 with Darren being shot. Series 2 and 4 did not have a cliffhanger and the final episodes were more to set up things for the next series.

We will see a very different side to Fran. He will be a haunted man. He will be caught between feelings of sadness he has bottled up like the death of his wife and also feelings of paranoia about Nidge and others. I hope we get to see a conclusion of the Fran v Noelie substory too.

We will not see much in the way of a united gang like we had before. There could be more an each man for himself feel to the gang.

Another character who has just come into my head I never took much notice of is the corrupt solicitor/accountant Dave. I think when there is a major court case, which is on the cards, the pressure and focus will turn to/on him. So far, it has been plain sailing for this guy but he could become the focus of violence and threats when things start going into courtroom.

Dave has featured first in series 2 as a replacement for another professional who John Boy became untrusting of. In series 3 and 4, he was Nidge's fixer and so far has not got into trouble like say Martin the guard did (getting beaten up by John Boy and being caught in the act of helping Nidge by fellow gardai).

I feel too that series 5 will be among the most violent too. While seasons 3 and 4 were very violent, I think season 5 will see a lot more of Nidge being a victim of violence doled out to him by his enemies. We see that in the clips already shown. In other series, we have seen the most serious violence done onto IRA characters like Git and Dano, gang members Ado, Tommy and Darren and onto civilians like that driver Lizzie beat up.

My predictions for series 5 (I will put into spoiler tags in case these come true!):
    Tommy will not survive long in the new series. He may or may not recover but if he does recover, he will find out about Nidge and Nidge may have to have him killed.

Nidge and Fran will fall out but both will survive. They may have to put differences aside at the end when faced with a common enemy.

Paddy Pipebomb will provide the main action for the first 2 episodes or so. He will nearly kill Nidge but Nidge will end up killing him.

A leadership challenge to Nidge may come from Elmo or Ado with serious consequences for them.

Lizzie seems to be in it but don't know what her role will be.

The IRA storyline may or may not be included. Tony may pop up to help Nidge with something and do another deal. Paulie, the henchman of the drug dealer based in Spain, will be the new Dano and most of the action from the second half of the series will revolve around Nidge trying to get rid of him.

A shootout between the gang and the gardai is inevitable. Someone could get killed in this too. Ado? Elmo?

The finale will be a cliffhanger: perhaps Nidge gets shot and we learn his fate the next time or Nidge is on trial and the verdict is about to be read? Every second series ends with a cliffhanger: Series 1 and 3 with Darren being shot. Series 2 and 4 did not have a cliffhanger and the final episodes were more to set up things for the next series.

We will see a very different side to Fran. He will be a haunted man. He will be caught between feelings of sadness he has bottled up like the death of his wife and also feelings of paranoia about Nidge and others. I hope we get to see a conclusion of the Fran v Noelie substory too.

We will not see much in the way of a united gang like we had before. There could be more an each man for himself feel to the gang.

Spot on for the most part I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Stiltzkin wrote: »
    Guys, avoid looking up anything to do with love/hate for a while.
    Potentially got spoiled on a character death for season 5. Irish mirror are absolute imbeciles putting spoilers in article titles. It could be just ****e, like when all the rags were saying Darren was back for Season 4, but Idk. It's best not to go near any news sites and just enjoy the series.

Kind of hard when it's headline news front page of a Sunday Morning rag (delivered) ........why the fuk do Irish media insist on spilling the beans on this show every year......you'd think it's producers would not want leaking or do they encourage it to drum up further interest

Any new teasers out? They usually show one the sunday before an episode.

lufties wrote: »
    Any new teasers out? They usually show one the sunday before an episode.

Very little from official sources this time. There has to be something this week though??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

i completely missed the Paulie character, when does he show up??

D.Q wrote: »
    i completely missed the Paulie character, when does he show up??

Paulie is not in series 1 to 4 at all and will make his first appearances in series 5. However, it may be assumed that Nidge already has had dealings with Paulie's boss. He mentioned in series 3 and 4 a desire to go to Spain. He has something set up there and knows people there.

I assume that Paulie and his boss are business partners of Nidge's of old. But they have not been seen in the series until now.

• Advertisement

Paulie is not in series 1 to 4 at all and will make his first appearances in series 5. However, it may be assumed that Nidge already has had dealings with Paulie's boss. He mentioned in series 3 and 4 a desire to go to Spain. He has something set up there and knows people there.

I assume that Paulie and his boss are business partners of Nidge's of old. But they have not been seen in the series until now.

I haven't been as excited in long time:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

how do we know his name is Paulie? and that he's violent etc? was he mentioned? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

how do we know his name is Paulie? and that he's violent etc? was he mentioned? :confused:

He was mentioned in the new season launch stuff and is shown in the teaser videos.

Other than that it is just conjecture

Paulie or Pauly is the name mentioned. He is a drug dealer's enforcer so you can be assured he is violent! I may be wrong, but he will be the Dano of this series starting off on good relations with Nidge and then progressively poorer relations develop I'd say.

Paulie or Pauly is the name mentioned. He is a drug dealer's enforcer so you can be assured he is violent! I may be wrong, but he will be the Dano of this series starting off on good relations with Nidge and then progressively poorer relations develop I'd say.

Ah id bet he's a big softy deep down :D. Incidentally, is Paulie the smug bellend from those McDonalds ads a couple of years ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDCVDe2kV44

He should be clipped for those ads alone :)

Love/Hate preview for Sunday :pac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6cV-1KKqwQ

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Love/Hate preview for Sunday :pac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6cV-1KKqwQ

Love the way they misquote him in the title of the video :D eejits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Any way to watch last season online(legally :) ) as a recap? Hulu only has 3 seasons, netflix usa had 3 seasons but they have been taken down. Other than order the DVDs I can't find a way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

EyeSight wrote: »
    Any way to watch last season online(legally :) ) as a recap? Hulu only has 3 seasons, netflix usa had 3 seasons but they have been taken down. Other than order the DVDs I can't find a way

YouTube has them all, bar 1 or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

Series 5 is only a few days away now. A year has gone by so fast.

Looking at people's plot speculations of each series from this thread and the older thread, some users seem to a whisker away from making full on fanfiction stories. Although if someone does create a fanfic, I'd happily read it if contains enough Fizzy Orange references :D

• Advertisement

Just seen on Vincent Browne there now that the actor who played Noelie Hughes found a body out in Darndale while walking today :)

The actor who plays Noelie by the way should not have been offered a part on this show after an idiotic racist remark he made on the Savage Eye a couple of years ago. He very smugly stated that 'You would need a torch in the middle of the day in Dublin City these days' presumably in reference to what he perceives as an increase of black immigrants (not sure what the correct PC term is so apologies) in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

The actor who plays Noelie by the way should not have been offered a part on this show after an idiotic racist remark he made on the Savage Eye a couple of years ago. He very smugly stated that 'You would need a torch in the middle of the day in Dublin City these days' presumably in reference to what he perceives as an increase of black immigrants (not sure what the correct PC term is so apologies) in Dublin.

I don't like racists or racism, but I'm not sure that we should be equality-proofing every actor or actress in every Irish TV series for every past utterance they may have made?

I picked up some interesting gossip from a source close to the production team about negotiations for series 6. I'll put it in spoiler tags, as you could possibly deduce 1 possible angle about the outcome of series 5.
    I hear that Tom VL is playing hardball in the negotiations for a new series, to the extent that the rest of the crew are uncertain as to whether there will be a series 6 at all.

RainyDay wrote: »
    I don't like racists or racism, but I'm not sure that we should be equality-proofing every actor or actress in every Irish TV series for every past utterance they may have made?

Fair point. Normally wouldnt consider myself PC but i take each comment on their merit and he totally crossed the line in this instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GradGirl27

Anyone buy the DVD of S4 yet to know the music used? is for example a cover version of the byrds 'turn turn turn' used at the beginning of episode 2?

Best bet is to download soundhound. Best app for finding songs when they're playing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

RainyDay wrote: »
    I hear that Tom VL is playing hardball in the negotiations for a new series, to the extent that the rest of the crew are uncertain as to whether there will be a series 6 at all.

So that means a certain character wont die in series 5:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I thought series 4 was great, so I'm hoping for more of the same from this season. Roll on 9:30.

GradGirl27 wrote: »
    Best bet is to download soundhound. Best app for finding songs when they're playing!

The DVD is normally different from the TV edition due to rights etc. Was just wondering if anyone had actually bought the DVD of S4 as to know what music was played to ascertain how it diffrentiated from the tv edition

The DVD is normally different from the TV edition due to rights etc. Was just wondering if anyone had actually bought the DVD of S4 as to know what music was played to ascertain how it diffrentiated from the tv edition

Other than Be Not Afraid from the end of episode 3, I think all the other music is different.

mzungu wrote: »
    I thought series 4 was great, so I'm hoping for more of the same from this season. Roll on 9:30.

I think it will be a great series. The last 2 episodes of series 4 are probably the leading into series 5 episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

GradGirl27 wrote: »

I would disagree with that. Shazam is far superior to Soundhound I would think?

final-chart.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement