Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa Season Ticket 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Its interesting that some ticket holders got moved and some didn't. I know one Tipp ST ticket that was in 304 for the first final and then 305 for the replay. The seat actually got better.

I wonder how they are selecting the people to screw as was already said that Realt Dearg Sec's ticket is 4/5 years old.

Maybe its based on attandance? I know the Tipp ticket above has 90%. Even if it was its still a dick move by the GAA.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Fired off a rather angry email this morning, got the following response. As expected hiding behind the terms and conditions:

"There are over 2,500 Season Ticket holders involved in this years All Ireland Hurling Final. It is simply not possible to locate this many people in the central sections.

There will have been Season Ticket holders who were seated in sections 302, 309 & 310 for the drawn game who may well not be in a more central section for the replay as seats are assigned randomly. This is done in the interest of fairness to all Season Ticket holders. All Season Ticket holders are treated equally.

The terms and conditions of the GAA Season ticket state:

"Due to the significantly increased demand for the All Ireland Finals, the seats
    allocated to qualifying Season Ticket holders for the finals will not be located in
    the same section as seats allocated for prior championship games at Croke Park"

We have never guaranteed seating in any specific sections as we are not in a position to do so. The demand for All Ireland Final tickets is huge every year."

I really don't see an increased demand given tickets now have to be put on general sale for the All Ireland final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

adrian522 wrote: »
    Fired off a rather angry email this morning, got the following response. As expected hiding behind the terms and conditions:

"There are over 2,500 Season Ticket holders involved in this years All Ireland Hurling Final. It is simply not possible to locate this many people in the central sections.

There will have been Season Ticket holders who were seated in sections 302, 309 & 310 for the drawn game who may well not be in a more central section for the replay as seats are assigned randomly. This is done in the interest of fairness to all Season Ticket holders. All Season Ticket holders are treated equally.

"Due to the significantly increased demand for the All Ireland Finals, the seats
    allocated to qualifying Season Ticket holders for the finals will not be located in
    the same section as seats allocated for prior championship games at Croke Park"

We have never guaranteed seating in any specific sections as we are not in a position to do so. The demand for All Ireland Final tickets is huge every year."

I really don't see an increased demand given tickets now have to be put on general sale for the All Ireland final.

I call bullsh1t on that. In each section there are around 40+ rows and 25+ seats per row. At a conservative estimate this puts 800-900 seats per section.

Assuming there are 2.5 k season tickets the majoirty of people should be seated in 305 & 306 as preferential customers with spill over into 204 and 307.

ST holders in 309/302 and just being screwed for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Grats

Why do they focus on the Cusack Stand, why not the Hogan? If they can't accommodate all ST holders in the central sections of the Cusack, then why not use 304, 307, 308 or the equivalent in the Hogan or in the Upper tiers? 309 is an insult and particularly when they seat you down low.

They do not select them randomly as the same people I know get 305 every time. Hardly a coincidence. They need to state their exact policy and be honest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yep complete bull****. I'd encourage everyone to get in contact with them, not that it will make any real difference but it will at least them know how much they are disappointing people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lotsoftens

Got the same similar crap back when i complained:

"There are season ticket holders who would have been seated in 302 or 309 for the drawn game who may well now been in a more central section. The same seats were used for both the drawn final as the replay and as seats are allocated on a random basis they will vary from game to game.

Loyalty is rewarded in the form of a guaranteed all Ireland final ticket if the 60% attendance requirement is reached over the course of the season. We have never guaranteed seating in a specific section or sections as we are not in a position to do so."

Told them i definitely won't be renewing our 2 season tickets next year because of this but doubt they care...

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mercury16

Got my tickets..309 B. Was in 305 J for the drawn final; 306 K for the semi final; 306 M for the leinster final. All in the front of the stand. Was furious with the tickets i got as I have continuously been at the front of the stand both this year and back in 2012, when KK were there last and therefore emailed them. A couple of emails back and forward got absolutely nothing out of them. Was told that there are >2500 season ticket holders to be seated and that ticket allocation was random, despite my continuous seating at the front. Was quoted the following in one of the emails (a direct lift from the GAA email)

the same section as seats allocated for prior championship games at Croke
    Park"

Was given the following contact details to issue a complaint.

Emma Tormey
    GAA Ticketing Manager
    GAA Ticket Office
    Croke Park
    Jones' Road
    Dublin 3.

they refused to contact me over the phone.

It seems from reading this thread that the GAA season ticket holders are now the third class citizens and are taken for granted. The GAA ticket office feel that they have 2,500 tickets holders to fit in and around the others bad seats rather than, I have already sold 2,500 seats for the final from the middle of the stand.

They are a disgrace and everyone should let them know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mercury16

Regarding attendance, we have 100% attendance on our season tickets, the same as every other year and we are season ticket holders from the programs inception. So length of time your in the program, attendnace this year counts for nothing.

Threy are a joke and everyone here should definitely let them know it - via letters, email and even the media !

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

308 tickets just arrived. Not impressed at all. 100% attendance EVERY year since ST started. Don't get me wrong, 6 or 7 years ago when I used to be scrounging for tickets I'd have been delighted. Have always been a great supporter and promoter of ST but this on top of reduction in league prices not being passed on has really pi$$ed me off. It's also unusual that these tickets appear to have come from tickets.ie rather than Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭agfasfos

I got 305 L with a 69% for the league & championship so there must be a random policy, mind you my seat for the Armagh & Dublin games were way of centre & was not impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Quick question: has ANYBODY from the football been sent to 309 or 302? Seems like loads of hurtling people have. Just wondering cos it feeds into my theory that it helps them sell seats at the hurling where they're struggling, no necessity for the football. But I am open to correction, if my theory is wrong it's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

My group got tickets for 305 for the football. A few others I know also got 305.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 PatrickJoseph

They're on course to destroy what was a v good concept - quality seats must be part of the package or people wont buy in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 daisymay44

What's cusack stand 706 row X like for the football?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

daisymay44 wrote: »
    What's cusack stand 706 row X like for the football?

Excellent in my opinion. More or less half way line and near enough the front!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 daisymay44

You have great optimism....I was looking at it as 3 rows from the back of the stand...haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

SM746 wrote: »
    Excellent in my opinion. More or less half way line and near enough the front!

And up in the nosebleeders though - it's 706 X, not 306.

Being a dub I'm not involved in any final this year but the ticket allocation is absolutely scandalous. "Great demand" is not an excuse to screw season ticket holders over. A person I know (who's on boards and may well read this) posted a photo of a Football final ticket earlier today on Facebook with 306 V as the section. I asked him whether he was a season ticket holder and he told me he wasn't and just knew the right people, presumably from a club or county board. That is a woeful pile of shíte. Some ST holder from Kerry or Donegal just got shoved sideways to accommodate this ticket and I don't expect this ticket was an outlier.

The reward for a season ticket holder should not just be a guaranteed ticket, it should be in a decent spot - the spots they get the ST holders to fill all year long while the places are only half-full. It's only right and fair and I empathise with the fans getting done over, I had a little taste of it in the quarter and semi final in row D/E in 304 and I might well get the full brunt of it next year if Dublin make it to a hurling/football final. Everyone should write and complain to the ticketing manager in Croke Park. I'll fire her off a letter myself anyway, I've been complaining about ticket allocations all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Being a dub I'm not involved in any final this year but the ticket allocation is absolutely scandalous. "Great demand" is not an excuse to screw season ticket holders over. A person I know (who's on boards and may well read this) posted a photo of a Football final ticket earlier today on Facebook with 306 V as the section. I asked him whether he was a season ticket holder and he told me he wasn't and just knew the right people, presumably from a club or county board. That is a woeful pile of shíte. Some ST holder from Kerry or Donegal just got shoved sideways to accommodate this ticket and I don't expect this ticket was an outlier.

The reward for a season ticket holder should not just be a guaranteed ticket, it should be in a decent spot - the spots they get the ST holders to fill all year long while the places are only half-full. It's only right and fair and I empathise with the fans getting done over, I had a little taste of it in the quarter and semi final in row D/E in 304 and I might well get the full brunt of it next year if Dublin make it to a hurling/football final. Everyone should write and complain to the ticketing manager in Croke Park. I'll fire her off a letter myself anyway, I've been complaining about ticket allocations all year.

I have never had any issues with my ST since I had mine. I got the first ones in 2009 and bar the 2009 Leinster Final which was a disaster as I was in the Davin I had no issues with my tickets.

And that includes 2 AI finals in 2011 and 2013 where I was in 305.

Fast forward to 2014 and throughout the league the tickets were okay as far as I know. I was in Canada from March to Mid-July and I have to go on my brother's info. Then for the Leinster final I was shoved to 706 for whatever reason and then low 306 for the QF and then 314 for the SF.

Bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The same as yourself, no issues worthy of a complaint prior to this year; they even helped me out by getting my dad down from the upper tier to sit beside me in 2013. This year they've shafted the season ticket holders and I don't think it's useful for us to just moan about it on Boards, or even piecemeal them with a complaint here or there; some co-ordinated communication might make them listen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

I know where it is and I think it's a good seat. I have 305 M tomorrow.
    Would I swap it for 706X?
    Probably not but I know 4/5 ST friends who would much prefer to be up that high looking down and would jump at the chance to have their seats moved up there.

• Advertisement

The same as yourself, no issues worthy of a complaint prior to this year; they even helped me out by getting my dad down from the upper tier to sit beside me in 2013. This year they've shafted the season ticket holders and I don't think it's useful for us to just moan about it on Boards, or even piecemeal them with a complaint here or there; some co-ordinated communication might make them listen

I'm all for that to be honest. Seeing some people on here and in the real world getting handy tickets and hearing ST holders getting screwed is winding me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Maybe set up a Facebook page for ST holders that are pissed off about the allocation of tickets??
    If it gets enough likes, it might get picked up on national media.

1984baby wrote: »
    Maybe set up a Facebook page for ST holders that are pissed off about the allocation of tickets??
    If it gets enough likes, it might get picked up on national media.

Definitely worth doing.

Id be wary though about doing it before renewals though.

Definitely worth doing.

Id be wary though about doing it before renewals though.

Why? Not much point complaining after renewals when they have you back over the barrel again.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Some trouble we were having with the scanning of season tickets earlier in the year;

http://mayoclub51.com/season-tickets-scanned-cork-match/

And an update after a lot of e-mails with Croke Park;

http://mayoclub51.com/gaa-season-ticket-scanning-problems-an-update/

With the decrease in league match prices this year the value of the season ticket has diminished.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

The f@#kers are putting the price up for next year!!!!!!!!! No mention of ANY additional benefits. This after being to the Canal End of the 65 on Saturday surrounded by tourists and suits. Raging (but thankfully still in celebratory mood). €85 for renewals, €95 for newcomers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

The f@#kers are putting the price up for next year!!!!!!!!! No mention of ANY additional benefits. This after being to the Canal End of the 65 on Saturday surrounded by tourists and suits. Raging (but thankfully still in celebratory mood). €85 for renewals, €95 for newcomers.

There will have to be additional benefits to justify a price increase,Value of the ticket was not great this year considering the admission reduction in the NFL

Doing the maths on it, it really isn't great value anymore, especially if they are going to put you in 309 Row A when it really matters, so they can sell better tickets to the fairweather fans. Either they take season ticket holders for mugs who can be extorted in every way as they see fit, or they are deliberately sabotaging the season ticket scheme. We should have known, when someone in Croke Park finally did something really right, in every way, that there would be efforts to make sure that such an aberration would be corrected and not allowed to happen again. Business as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Grats

They cannot justify charging the same price for hurling and football as there are fewer matches. But if course they will! I believe that Dublin supporters know exactly what section or sections they will be seated in at Croke Park up front. The same should be done for the other counties before we purchase season tickets. This fillers carry on is not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Not going to renew if this is the case.
    A quick calculation if I went to every Meath league and championship game next season using the season ticket or the Super Valu tickets means that if we got into the Leinster final, I would only break even on the money I spent.

Think you're right Realt Dearg. Seems to me like they're fed up having to employ people for the ST scheme and are deliberately trying to discourage people renewing.

Advertisement