Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

******Motors Chat - Round 6******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

bear1 wrote: »
    When are you picking her up Cleve?

Here she is getting the brakes refitted.
    Hopefully early next week.

322593.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Is the Explorer your as well??

No, just couldnt edit it out of the photo...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Was thinking to myself that you're some lad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Well, looks like I'm doing Aviva's Ignition Test in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Here she is getting the brakes refitted.
    Hopefully early next week.

322593.jpg

Cleveland, has that got a rag top?

Do you know whats a pain in the arse? Updating your CV. Do you know whats a bigger pain in the arse? Finding yourself in a position where you have to update your CV :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Anyone know any decent sites to get fitted mats. The ones in the golf are on the way out well the drivers one really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Bpmull wrote: »
    Anyone know any decent sites to get fitted mats. The ones in the golf are on the way out well the drivers one really.

The previous owner of my gtv got them from a place in the uk called auto style. They haven't worn away at all, but being beige, they're in a bad need of a wet vac. Quality wise, they're top notch. Ive spent 30 euro on mats from micksgarage and they were a combination between cardboard and 200 grit sandpaper:pac:

Heres a link to the same set that someone has in there gtv, just newer.
    http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/643073-autostyle-mats-for-gtv-reviews-pics.html

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Do you know whats a pain in the arse? Updating your CV. Do you know whats a bigger pain in the arse? Finding yourself in a position where you have to update your CV :(

Not always. Being self employed, I have to update the fecking thing regularly to reflect new contracts etc :(

It's a pain in the ass alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

The previous owner of my gtv got them from a place in the uk called auto style. They haven't worn away at all, but being beige, they're in a bad need of a wet vac. Quality wise, they're top notch. Ive spent 30 euro on mats from micksgarage and they were a combination between cardboard and 200 grit sandpaper:pac:

Heres a link to the same set that someone has in there gtv, just newer.
    http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/643073-autostyle-mats-for-gtv-reviews-pics.html

Just looked it up there they'd want to be some mats at 60 pounds plus postage. Tbh I hadn't really planned on spending the guts of 100 quid on mats either really. Thanks for the suggestion though and good to know the micksgarage ones aren't great as I was looking at them. I might just see what price Vw ones are I don't think there huge money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

If you were driving a 12 a7 around Castlebar this evening, and went into Breaffy Resort, you are an arsehloe. Not sure whether they were unable to drive or thought that seeing as their car was so "class" rules of the road don't apply to them......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Just looked it up there they'd want to be some mats at 60 pounds plus postage. Tbh I hadn't really planned on spending the guts of 100 quid on mats either really. Thanks for the suggestion though and good to know the micksgarage ones aren't great as I was looking at them. I might just see what price Vw ones are I don't think there huge money.

Trust me on it, the quality of them are unreal....buy cheap buy twice as the saying goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Just played emergency breakdown assist (kinda) to a former poster of here! Hopefully everything works out though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Price VW directly. Also I'm pretty certain Octavia or Leon mats fit too, and I know Audi do a particularly plush set for the A3s. Last time I bought a front set for the VRS they were about 30 quid I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

I was in a Halfords somewhere and they had samples of all the different quality of matts on sale. From ****e to really plush. Might be worth a look. Believe they were available for various makes/models.

The Halfords in Liffey Valley blanchardstown is totally different setup to the others, That is to say it's not ****e.

Just played emergency breakdown assist (kinda) to a former poster of here! Hopefully everything works out though
    hmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Funnily enough a bro in law of mine does it all the time in summer. Think he picked it up in Australia where you'd be wearing flips a lot and going barefoot while driving was a better option.

Crazy! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

OSI wrote: »
    I can see the point of buying not crap carpets, is there really much benefit to buying "plush" carpets? You're not gonna be driving around bare foot.

Ever tried it or even tried driving in your socks? It's a strange feeling.

Plush carpets only hold in more dust and dirt and are harder to clean the older they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

OSI wrote: »
    I can see the point of buying not crap carpets, is there really much benefit to buying "plush" carpets? You're not gonna be driving around bare foot.

I think the normal mats (at least with VAG) wear very quickly where your heel touches near the accelerator. Having them a little plusher means they last longer but on the flip side they cost more to buy in the first place. Mines not looking to healthy already and there's only 20 odd k km on the car.

I'm thinking I might try rubber mats for the winter for a change, have seen ones that have a lip around them meaning crap is contained within them saving the carpets.
    Ever tried it or even tried driving in your socks? It's a strange feeling.

I'll tell ya what's strange - deciding to drive in your socks in the first place:P

• Advertisement

hmm....

Hmmm indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Dartz

Can't be worse than driving in size-14 boots.

Is that the brake? Or Accelerator?

It's usually both. So often that I've gotten the habit of riding the clutch while slowing down in case I do catch a bootful of throttle.

Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening!

Weather is crazy in Limerick this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening!

Weather is crazy in Limerick this morning

My God it's so exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Almost looking forward to the winter. Can't wait for a bit of snow :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Almost looking forward to the winter. Can't wait for a bit of snow :)

Over the Christmas holidays yes. But any other time it just turns into carnage! Having to commute, on a bicycle from Rathfarnham to Clontarf is not my idea of fun in the snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Why? Why would someone do this?

4143q65glluc644grc.jpg

Over the Christmas holidays yes. But any other time it just turns into carnage! Having to commute, on a bicycle from Rathfarnham to Clontarf is not my idea of fun in the snow!

Extreme commuting! :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Extreme commuting! :pac:

I'd buy a Jimny or something for the laugh! Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

GvidoR wrote: »
    Why? Why would someone do this?

4143q65glluc644grc.jpg

Might have got a slap and this was an easy fix, wouldn't drive it but i don't think it's overly bad :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement