Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Beers THIS SATURDAY 1st November 8.30pm J.W Sweetmans (Messrs) Dublin.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭The Rabbit

I'm sure plenty of us will be first timers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Leogirl wrote: »
    I'd love to go but would be sh*tting it - never been to one & dont know anyone!! How does it work? Do people say who they are or do you stay anonymous?

I'm gonna go for the 1st time and yeah i agree will prob be a bit "weird" meeting people who you have probably spoken to many times on here for the first time but alcohol is the great conversation lubricant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

I'm gonna go for the 1st time and yeah i agree will prob be a bit "weird" meeting people who you have probably spoken to many times on here for the first time but alcohol is the great conversation lubricant :D

Well there is that! Knowing my luck I'd be too nervous, drink too much & have to close my account as soon as I get home!!:)

Well there is that! Knowing my luck I'd be too nervous, drink too much & have to close my account as soon as I get home!!:)

Ah but what a story to tell the grandkids in years to come :D

Ah but what a story to tell the grandkids in years to come :D

Or AA!! "Went to meet a gang of random strangers from the interweb - got drunk, did something silly & had to ban myself from the site"! :(

Just kidding, I'm a sensible lush!

• Advertisement

Or AA!! "Went to meet a gang of random strangers from the interweb - got drunk, did something silly & had to ban myself from the site"! :(

Just kidding, I'm a sensible lush!

Mods will be there to kep an eye on us don't worry. I hear they are the sensible ones there, All drinking fruit punch and making sure no one gets into trouble :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No
    I'm thinking of going and telling everyone I'm a different username then I am. Might be safer! Lol :-)

Ah no I just find it funny meeting people who u mainly know as usernames you dunno how to introduce yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mods will be there to kep an eye on us don't worry. I hear they are the sensible ones there, All drinking fruit punch and making sure no one gets into trouble :D

Lol.

I'm usually the least sensible one there.

I'm thinking of going and telling everyone I'm a different username then I am. Might be safer! Lol :-)

Ah no I just find it funny meeting people who u mainly know as usernames you dunno how to introduce yourself!

Is that the way its done? Go up & say "hey I'm Leogirl"? Or give your real name & not your boards name?

LizT wrote: »
    Lol.

Think I remember reading something like that on another beers thread :D

• Advertisement

LizT wrote: »
    Lol.

Ah yes i have heard the "coppers" stories :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No
    Is that the way its done? Go up & say "hey I'm Leogirl"? Or give your real name & not your boards name?

Everyone wears name tags.

I remember a few years ago I was in a friends house having beers.

Her mother arrived home from her Xmas party or some other shìte laughing about all these people she saw in The Palace.

"This bunch of Internety people were all carrying around cans of condensed milk. The feckin eejits. I think someone said they from a website called Boards or something."

I pretended not to know what it was and oh how we laughed at the saddos meeting people from the internet...

See you all November 1st. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

For those wondering if their nerves will stop them from coming along for the first time, it'll be okay! Many of the first-timers have gotten in touch with each other before at previous beers and met to have a chat/drink before moving on to the beers itself (support in numbers and all that), so there's an idea some of you might take on board if it suits. There are usually one or two regulars who would be happy to meet up and put your fears at ease :)

p.s. Liz really is incredibly sensible, doesn't even know where Coppers is...

once 1am comes along though, different story haha.

I'll have you know I've only been in coppers 2 times in my entire life!! And only one of those times was after a beers :p

Seriously, for anyone who's a little bit nervous, don't be! Beers are always great craic, there are no cliques or anything like that and everyone is very welcoming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am hoping to go to this one. Reckon we will have a newbies pre AH drink before going to the main event. Safety in numbers combined with dutch courage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

I am hoping to go to this one. Reckon we will have a newbies pre AH drink before going to the main event. Safety in numbers combined with dutch courage!

Sounds like a good plan... I'd be up for this! Wanted to go to a few AH beers but way too nervous to go on me tod knowing nobody!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I'd love to go to a beers but I'd be afraid all the hilarious people would show up and I'd be standing there like a potato.

I'd love to go to a beers but I'd be afraid all the hilarious people would show up and I'd be standing there like a potato.

Who doesn't love a potato though in fairness.

• Advertisement

No.worries we will all chip.in.and you can get mashed with the rest of us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

No
    No.worries we will all chip.in.and you can get mashed with the rest of us :D

ya we won't all gang up and roast you. I'll be able go now seen as it not on a Fryday - been ages since got steamed in Dublin. Was able wedge it into my diary. Hopefully Sweetmans not boiling and we all end up loosing our jackets..

...I'm.... I'm so lonely..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Dude...im ashamed to call you my friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

No
    Is this going to be fancy dress?

TheZohan wrote: »
    Is this going to be fancy dress?

I think you shouldn't ask that question and just take your chances.

Just how brave are you?

Mod

Hate having to do a mod note in a beers thread but I've just had to delete a load of off topic, cliquey posts. The exact reason the last beers thread was closed.

Everyone is more than welcome to the beers, unfortunately flirty off topic chat leads people to become uncomfortable about attending beers. Take it to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

So, do people wear name tags with their usernames on them or what?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

so this is relevant to my interests. thread wont load properly so has anyone mentioned halloween?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

No
    It was voted on, and November 1st was decided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I waz thinking more costumes?!!!

Advertisement