Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boating chit chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Anyone want a laugh?

Let's play "Spot the very young miss no stars"....

If someone's really on the ball, they might even see spot what's a bit odd about my presence in the article in the images...

That's just souper!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Anyone want a laugh?

Let's play "Spot the very young miss no stars"....

If someone's really on the ball, they might even see spot what's a bit odd about my presence in the article in the images...

Is that you in the Pink Cag and being presented with something by a guy who looks like Steven Spielberg and some other guy wearing gold shorts.

Not sure what's odd other than you are on the hard when the pics were taken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Palanmar3

Hi all,
    Newbie here- lot of threads where to start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Vexorg wrote: »
    Is that you in the Pink Cag and being presented with something by a guy who looks like Steven Spielberg and some other guy wearing gold shorts.

Not sure what's odd other than you are on the hard when the pics were taken?

That's me :p

What's odd is that I was featured twice in those photos and also made the local newspaper, despite not being among the competition winners. I was just there to do my sailing course :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Palanmar3 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Newbie here- lot of threads where to start?

Welcome to the madhouse :) I only have to ask one question "sail or power" :D

• Advertisement

Oh engine power, not wind

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Welcome,welcome,welcome your very welcome :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

fergal.b wrote: »

You are not alone Fergal!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,974 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

At last, another petrolhead to keep poor Fergal company :D

Last sail for Cacciatore tonight :(

Can't believe the season is over (well, for us anyway) already.....

• Advertisement

What sailing is on tonight, one of the Clubs end of season? Looks like gentle racing anyway - winds are currently 9 gusting to 11.

Are you doing the cruiser challange (sans Cacciatore) this weekend

Where you alone in the power stakes Fergal.b?
    Thanks for the warm welcome

I'm a bit outnumbered alright but we do have a few petrol heads keeping up the fight :D
    I also have a few friends in the powerboat branch http://powerboat.iwai.ie/ to help me out if the sailors get a bit raggy.

IMG_5442-small-1.jpg

Must meet up for a run

Must meet up for a run

What boat have you got, any pic's I like pic's of boats :)

another welcome to palanmar -welcome

Another petrol head?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Another petrol head?

No he's a sail sailor :)

Welcome on board :)

That's allowed, all the nice girls love a Sailor!

That's allowed, all the nice girls love a Sailor!

Someone should tell the nice girls, they don't seem to be aware of that.

• Advertisement

I'll let the rest know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I'm a bit outnumbered alright but we do have a few petrol heads keeping up the fight :D
    I also have a few friends in the powerboat branch http://powerboat.iwai.ie/ to help me out if the sailors get a bit raggy.

IMG_5442-small-1.jpg

Don't see any real boats there. Are you posting in the correct forum? :confused:;)

Vexorg wrote: »
    What sailing is on tonight, one of the Clubs end of season? Looks like gentle racing anyway - winds are currently 9 gusting to 11.

Are you doing the cruiser challange (sans Cacciatore) this weekend

Yep, NYC end of season race. Myself and another girl did it two-handed (spinny and all, very pleased with ourselves we were!), so just as well it was light :D

Doing the CC on a Sigma - looking forward to it, looks like absolutely ideal conditions.

Are ye doing it?

Welcome to that new poster on the forum (whose name I can't remember now, apologies) - power or sail, a boat is a boat so it's all good :D

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Yep, NYC end of season race. Myself and another girl did it two-handed (spinny and all, very pleased with ourselves we were!), so just as well it was light :D

Doing the CC on a Sigma - looking forward to it, looks like absolutely ideal conditions.

Are ye doing it?

Welcome to that new poster on the forum (whose name I can't remember now, apologies) - power or sail, a boat is a boat so it's all good :D

Jeepers, well done to you guys!

We are doing the CC, I'm not as I've the four yearly visit to the OHs globe trotting father to attend to down in Youghal :(

Stheno wrote: »
    Jeepers, well done to you guys!

We are doing the CC, I'm not as I've the four yearly visit to the OHs globe trotting father to attend to down in Youghal :(

I'd be having a quiet word with him about his timing while you're there - give him the sailing season dates and tell him to work around them in future :D

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'd be having a quiet word with him about his timing while you're there - give him the sailing season dates and tell him to work around them in future :D

Fat chance to be honest!

It's usually a summons by text with a couple of days notice :(

Don't see any real boats there. Are you posting in the correct forum? :confused:;)

See what I'm up against palanmar3 this is a typical childish response :)

21719053442115990658820.jpg

Kinda agree Fergal.b
    But there is a mistake there, men don't grow up!

It's my job, believe me I know!
    But then again some women don't either- cause the don't want to!

Would to be great to have a meet, to put faces to names- know our Moderator's face!
    Mmmmm pretty nice one too!

Miss no stars put up a post "Beers (Motor) sailings" keep a eye on that to see when they are meeting I'm sure they will welcome you along I have met them already for beers at the start of the season but I'm not sure I would do it again "bit of an ambush" :D

Only my mother would comment on my face instead of my boat :) "Mom is that you" :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dpaulod

Hi All,
    Thinking of going around the fastnet tomorrow morning early Glandore to fastnet. I have been looking at all the weather charts on the internet and the conditions seem suitable. Am I correct in thinking the sea should be relatively calm tomorrow for the trip.

Regards

Paul.

Advertisement