Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Mirallas, anyone? At 7.4 he could deliver good for everton!
    He's also taking a few set pieces!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

bezuaua wrote: »
    Mirallas, anyone? At 7.4 he could deliver good for everton!
    He's also taking a few set pieces!
    How frequently is he gonna start this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSF wrote: »
    Possible, but stupid. A front 3 with no pace.

Top players only need a yard! Would be surprised with that setup myself... But you never know... LVG surprised quite a few with his 3CB formation for Holland in the WC! He seems well capable of setting up a formation to suit exactly the strengths of the players available to him. Rafael/Valencia, Shaw, Di Maria would all offer pace in the team. RvP and Falcao up front supported by Rooney would terrify the life out of the opposition! It could work... Anyway sorry getting a bit ahead of things here tactics do fascinate me :)

manual_man wrote: »
    Top players only need a yard! Would be surprised with that setup myself... But you never know... LVG surprised quite a few with his 3CB formation for Holland in the WC! He seems well capable of setting up a formation to suit exactly the strengths of the players available to him. Rafael/Valencia, Shaw, Di Maria would all offer pace in the team. RvP and Falcao up front supported by Rooney would terrify the life out of the opposition! It could work... Anyway sorry getting a bit ahead of things here tactics do fascinate me :)
    Top players need only a yard when they have other players with pace around them. An attack with no pace is a toothless attack.

And United's first 3 games indicate to me that Van Gaal is not at all astute in setting up formations to suit the strengths of the players available to him.

CSF wrote: »
    Top players need only a yard when they have other players with pace around them. An attack with no pace is a toothless attack.

And United's first 3 games indicate to me that Van Gaal is not at all astute in setting up formations to suit the strengths of the players available to him.

Its early days for the manager. Its clear he wasn't happy with the squad as a whole he inherited. The formation I posted would require the full backs to push on with their pace, along with Di Maria... The two centre backs and Blind would hang back to protect against possible counter attacks. High line pressing system but tbh that was United's style under Ferguson mostly. Daring, but the more I look at it, the more I think it could work! All dependent on this RvP-needing-surgery rumour, of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

De Gea
    Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw
    Blind
    Herrera Di Maria
    Rooney
    RvP Falcao

It's possible :p

I'd play Mata ahead of Rooney to be honest. Mata is a better player IMO.

Its early days for the manager. Its clear he wasn't happy with the squad as a whole he inherited. The formation I posted would require the full backs to push on with their pace, along with Di Maria... The two centre backs and Blind would hang back to protect against possible counter attacks. High line pressing system but tbh that was United's style under Ferguson mostly. Daring, but the more I look at it, the more I think it could work! All dependent on this RvP-needing-surgery rumour, of course
    I'm not making an outright judgement on the manager (although upto now in his career I'm actually not a massive fan), I'm just pointing out that he has done really badly so far in putting the players available to him into a formation that works for them, which was what you said

Wellbeck to Arsenal. No kidding

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wellbeck to Arsenal. No kidding

straight into my team !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

km79 wrote: »
    straight into my team !

I reckon Wellbeck will score more points than Falcao between now and whenever Giroud is back to compete for playing time. Likely to be the best price in the game at 6.9m.

• Advertisement

Wellbeck deal off, or it was never on, according to Arsenal!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Blind is a done deal. What price do we think he'll be, £5.5m or £6m?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

roryc wrote: »

Same as Rojo I'd say. 5.5 was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

roryc wrote: »

CDM, if he was 4.5 it still wouldn't be a good price imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    CDM, if he was 4.5 it still wouldn't be a good price imo.

I was assuming he'd be listed as a defender. But maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

No chance of 4.5 for a new United signing, def or mid.

My guess is 5.5

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Is RvP slated for an operation soon? I've seen articles. But, the articles say that his knee problem goes back to before the WC. He played well. i didn't notice a knee problem. He looked good this past weekend. Nice play between him and de Maria.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wellbeck to Arsenal, 6.9 i think he is, really really tempted by that i must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ramirez and Ben Arfa might got to Hull.

would i consider Wellbeck if he goes to Arsenal? Yes, but most likely not for a few gameweeks, City H Villa A Spurs H Chelsea A the next 4 fixtures not offering massive potential i.m.o., gives time to assess and have Rambo anyway, after that fixtures are considerably kinder and doubling up on Arsenal would be more appealing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd play Mata ahead of Rooney to be honest. Mata is a better player IMO.

That's without doubt, imo, only reason there's so much hype about Rooney is cause he's english.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Invincible wrote: »
    That's without doubt, imo, only reason there's so much hype about Rooney is cause he's english.

The funny thing is that Rooney is now captain but he should be dropped with Falcao signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

The funny thing is that Rooney is now captain but he should be dropped with Falcao signed.

And Fletcher is vice captain - And probably our 6th? choice midfielder..

Am a Liverpool fan, but i actually really rate him. Always puts in a shift even if the rest of the team isn't. Consistently has chipped in with a healthy number of goals and assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

If only they could get a fair price for him now, has to be the most overpaid player in the world at 300K per week, long time since he's had any consistant form, be a relief to see the back of him from a Fantasy perspective, no comparison between him and out and out forward Falcao.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

George Boyd to Burnley .eye for goal and currently 4.4 ml....

Sadio Mane, midfielder, has signed for Southampton. 22 yrs old, 45 goals in 86 appearances for Redbull Salzburg

In Breaking newwwwwwwwwwwwws...

Ben Arfa has a beard

Hull trying to push a late deal through

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Abel Hernandez if cheap could be an option for Hull if they also get Ben Arfa they have put together a decent side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Sadio Mane, midfielder, has signed for Southampton. 22 yrs old, 45 goals in 86 appearances for Redbull Salzburg

Salzburg hammer teams nearly every game but still a nice record from midfield anybody seen him?

Advertisement