Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL first years 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭CheyK

aoife_mc70 wrote: »
    any other incoming first years looking for off campus accommodation? dont want to be the only 1st year in a house!

I'm staying in Brookfield. They have two blocks dedicated purely to first years and try put people from the same course together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

anyone doing food science and health? :)

Just finished Food Science, Graduating next week, Its a grand course with plenty of diversity. If you have any questions give me a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If theres anyone doing LM080 give me a shout if ye've any questions

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Musicis4life13

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Just finished Food Science, Graduating next week, Its a grand course with plenty of diversity. If you have any questions give me a shout

Thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I'm also heading into first year in two weeks. Already got my offer a few weeks ago to do Aeronautical Engineering. Don't know anybody in UL so I'm hoping to know a familiar face from my area :eek:

Lol did I see you on reddit earlier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Lol did I see you on reddit earlier?

Don't have Reddit so no, you have the wrong person :P

When is everyone planning to head down? I'm thinking I might go down on the 1st of September, Monday before the orientation begins on Tuesday. Not sure if I want to stay there for the full week because I don't know anybody going to UL

When is everyone planning to head down? I'm thinking I might go down on the 1st of September, Monday before the orientation begins on Tuesday. Not sure if I want to stay there for the full week because I don't know anybody going to UL

Honestly a full week there alone is a bit much! A day or two would be plenty! You have 4 years minimum to get used to this place!

Honestly a full week there alone is a bit much! A day or two would be plenty! You have 4 years minimum to get used to this place!

Well we start classes on Monday after so I should probably get to know the place. Arrive on Monday and go home on Wednesday maybe? That should cover it I think and I've orientation for 1 day which is Tuesday.

Well we start classes on Monday after so I should probably get to know the place. Arrive on Monday and go home on Wednesday maybe? That should cover it I think and I've orientation for 1 day which is Tuesday.

how do you know when you start back is it on the website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

how do you know when you start back is it on the website?
    Its up on website. Check academic calendar
    http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Academic_Calendar

Its up on website. Check academic calendar

sound

I wouldn't see it as necessary, you have all of first year to relax and get to know a few friends, come up if you want but you'll be fine either way :)

First year European Studies student, going to be living in Dromroe.
    I don't know anyone going to Limerick and haven't managed to find anyone doing my course despite a thorough creep of the UL tag on instagram after offers came out this morning!

Anyone have any idea about what clubs/societies they want to join? I've looked on the website and found 10 soc's I like. I'm also very interested in being lazy so that numbers gonna have to come down...

I don't know anyone going to Limerick and haven't managed to find anyone doing my course despite a thorough creep of the UL tag on instagram after offers came out this morning!

Anyone have any idea about what clubs/societies they want to join? I've looked on the website and found 10 soc's I like. I'm also very interested in being lazy so that numbers gonna have to come down...

I'm feeling the tea appreciation is one i might join.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

(Archery club is awesome, just saying...)

I'm feeling the tea appreciation is one i might join.. :P

That's on my list!
    I actually don't drink tea but I'd be willing to start for the sake of making a few friends - think they'll serve biscuits or will we have to bring our own? :)

That's on my list!
    I actually don't drink tea but I'd be willing to start for the sake of making a few friends - think they'll serve biscuits or will we have to bring our own? :)

hopefully but if there isn't the free tea weighs it out :P

I'm also thinking of joining the trampoline club :) who doesn't love to bounce?

sup_dude wrote: »
    (Archery club is awesome, just saying...)

Can't say I'm much of an archer!
    Will I be provided with a pimped out bow and arrow, and a white horse to ride through campus on? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Can't say I'm much of an archer!
    Will I be provided with a pimped out bow and arrow, and a white horse to ride through campus on? ;)

You'll be given equipment alright and there are beginner lessons. Been trying to get the horse for years though, still hasn't happened :(

hopefully but if there isn't the free tea weighs it out :P

I'm also thinking of joining the trampoline club :) who doesn't love to bounce?

I'll show up with a few chocolate digestives - everyone will want to be my friend then! :D

I never even noticed a trampoline club! My list keeps getting bigger!

sup_dude wrote: »
    You'll be given equipment alright and there are beginner lessons. Been trying to get the horse for years though, still hasn't happened :(

Let me know when the funding for the horse comes through, and I'll make some time in my schedule :D

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Have 7/8 clubs and societies I'd definitely be interested but would try more as well

krav maga sound interesting but I don't think it's for me

jamo - what ones are you thinking of? My list ranges from History to Photography to Fan Forum, and about 6 more in between. I suppose we can give most of them a try when we get there and make our choices then!

music - That's a sport right? Movement etc? It's a no from me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

First year doing Electronic & Computer Engineering (LM118), staying in Kilmurry village :)

jamo - what ones are you thinking of? My list ranges from History to Photography to Fan Forum, and about 6 more in between. I suppose we can give most of them a try when we get there and make our choices then!

yeah its some Israeli martial arts or something..

Architecture, Engineering, Flying, Computer, Games and Poker. Will give Tea App. a try though :P

Archery, Skydive, Trampoline and Frisbee :P

• Advertisement

yeah its some Israeli martial arts or something..

Music? No, it's probably a playing session? You are thinking of Krav Maga

Advertisement