Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Beef wrote: »
    There's no danger someone would confuse me for a tri-athlon type, if I had one of those on is there? ;)

Only triathletes know it's a triathlon watch. If someone mentions it, pretend you know nothing about that, and ask them how they know. There's nothing worse than being called a triathlete when you haven't even done a triathlon (believe me, I know) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Thanks folks. I might go for that 310, it seems to suit my needs and it looks good value at the moment. I might even get it in a bundle on amazon with a tri suit. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Hi guys,have a FR410 and when I create workouts on GC,cant transfer them from there to device. It goes through the motions and says"Workout successfully sent to device" but I cant find it:confused: Ideas???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Figured this is as good a place to ask as any.. how do ye all wash your HR straps? I don't put mine through the machine as the inistructions said not to when I got it, but just wondering if anyone has, successfully? All my bike shorts for instance contain dire warnings if they are put through a washing machine but they've always been fine. I handwash the strap each time but it could really do with a machine wash I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hi guys,have a FR410 and when I create workouts on GC,cant transfer them from there to device. It goes through the motions and says"Workout successfully sent to device" but I cant find it:confused: Ideas???
    Sounds like you may still be using the ANT agent. Would that be right? If so, that 'Workout successfully sent to device' is just the first part of the workflow, where the workout is sent to the ANT agent (or more specifically, downloaded to your computer). You still need to have the next step happen, where it's uploaded to your watch. You should see a progress bar on the watch. Do you?

• Advertisement

Basster wrote: »
    Figured this is as good a place to ask as any.. how do ye all wash your HR straps? I don't put mine through the machine as the inistructions said not to when I got it, but just wondering if anyone has, successfully? All my bike shorts for instance contain dire warnings if they are put through a washing machine but they've always been fine. I handwash the strap each time but it could really do with a machine wash I think!
    Lick 'em. Lick 'em good.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Sounds like you may still be using the ANT agent. Would that be right? If so, that 'Workout successfully sent to device' is just the first part of the workflow, where the workout is sent to the ANT agent (or more specifically, downloaded to your computer). You still need to have the next step happen, where it's uploaded to your watch. You should see a progress bar on the watch. Do you?
    Im still using the ant agent,yes.And no,I don't see a progress bar on watch? Cheers for reply btw;)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

Has anybody bought the 620 recently? Are most of the issues related to earlier batches. Even with the issues Is it worth buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

jonseyblub wrote: »
    Has anybody bought the 620 recently? Are most of the issues related to earlier batches. Even with the issues Is it worth buying?

Have had the FR620 for about 6 months now. Near all the bugs ironed out now with the latest firmware (FW 2.90 and GPS 3.1). The GPS reception is not as good as the previous models (eg 410 and 610) as you may have a bad day where it goes a bit AWOL but they are v rare. Overall I love it and use it as a daily watch also. I would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cakewheels

Hi, I did a 160k cycle yesterday with my Garmin watch and it lasted almost the entire way but I didn't manage to press stop and reset before the battery died.

The activity is now not showing up when I try to transfer to Garmin connect, Strava etc.

However, I can still see the activity in history to a certain extent. There's no detail but there's the start time, total km and an average speed (including the breaks though, where as I really want to access the rolling time).

Does anyone know if there's any way I can rescue it to transfer it to Garmin Connect?

Something I read before said go into training mode to see if it is still there and then press stop and reset, but there's nothing showing there, just zeros.

---

Update: In case anyone else has this problem in future - I just kept pressing 'force send' on the watch itself, under settings and Ant Agent I think, and for a good few times it would just look as if it was uploading for ages and then say failed and go back to start, but I kept trying it again and again and it suddenly worked, no idea why or how. Got it into Garmin Training Centre and then from there it was easy to converte it to a TCX file and uploaded that to Strava.

• Advertisement

Connect the watch to your computer and see if the FIT file exists and upload it manually

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jahaco

Am I the only one who has just logged onto the new Garmin Connect website since friday and having difficulty finding out how to upload all the data on my watch? I tried the "sync" icon but it just says "nothing to sync right now". No "help" function either.

jahaco wrote: »
    Am I the only one who has just logged onto the new Garmin Connect website since friday and having difficulty finding out how to upload all the data on my watch? I tried the "sync" icon but it just says "nothing to sync right now". No "help" function either.

Have you installed garmin express?

https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId=%7Bf9ca1dc0-4020-11e2-e8a7-000000000000%7D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

My 310xt now uploads through my smartphone to both Garmin Connect and Strava :D

I plug the ANT + USB key into this cable, I plug that into my Samsung Note 3, fire up the Sportablet app, and the files upload to the phone.

I then select the Export function and choose Garmin Connect and Strava. It also supports Training Peaks, Endomondo, SportTracks, RunningAhead and Runtastic.

Happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jahaco

FYI, Strava now syncs from Garmin. No need for manual uploading or using a service like CopyMySports

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Forerunner 15 is 199e in harvey normans, but 199$ on the garmin site.

When ordering from Garmin site am i liable for tax / import duty etc or will it just be that price?

Any help welcome

BKWDR wrote: »

When ordering from Garmin site am i liable for tax / import duty etc or will it just be that price?

Any help welcome

Shop around, it can be got alot cheaper, have a look here

http://www.satnav-discounts.co.uk/gps/product/sports-gps/garmin/garmin-forerunner-15/

On Amazon for around €135

viperlogic wrote: »
    Shop around, it can be got alot cheaper, have a look here

http://www.satnav-discounts.co.uk/gps/product/sports-gps/garmin/garmin-forerunner-15/

On Amazon for around €135

These are all with out the HRM?

• Advertisement

These are all with out the HRM?

For ~€135, yes. Amazon have them with HRM also. If getting HRM, make sure to get the premium one (parts of the strap are kind of gold colour). Much more comfortable and reliable, older ones tend to have spikes and dropouts.

For ~€135, yes. Amazon have them with HRM also. If getting HRM, make sure to get the premium one (parts of the strap are kind of gold colour). Much more comfortable and reliable, older ones tend to have spikes and dropouts.

Great thanks for that info.

I see now the 'small' ones on amazon are that bit cheaper. I take it they are the same watch just with smaller face or strap.

Any help welcome
    Just to answer your question - yes you would be liable for vat/import duty when ordering directly from Garmin.com or Amazon.com. Sometimes it can still be cheaper though. Certainly better to ship to someone you know in the US and have them bring it back, if that's an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

New update out for FR220 and FR620. I'm holding off for now as users are reporting the random reboot issue is back with 2.90!

Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
    Fixed an issue where incorrect pace/speed smoothing could be applied during certain activities.
    Changes to support manufacturing.

At last. My watch now gives pretty accurate mile pace on the track with this rather than 30 sec/mile slower compared to the other watches like it did before. Have no seen any random reboot on my 620. I did do a factory reset after the update to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Anyone using a 310xt ?

I'm looking to get a garmin with heart rate monitor with a budget of around €150 This seems really good value on amazon at moment. Not that interested in swimming / cycling too much at present but may be useful to have available in the future. My concerns are that it might be a little big / clunky and some reviews mention freezing issues - but then again I think nearly all garmins seen to have a mix of reviews.

Just to answer your question - yes you would be liable for vat/import duty when ordering directly from Garmin.com or Amazon.com. Sometimes it can still be cheaper though. Certainly better to ship to someone you know in the US and have them bring it back, if that's an option.

Then you are probably looking at in and around the 200e mark anyways i think with currency conversion and potentially being stung with customs n all. PLUS if anything were to go wrong i wouldnt mind being able to walk into a shop too.

Anyone using a 310xt ?

I'm looking to get a garmin with heart rate monitor with a budget of around €150 This seems really good value on amazon at moment. Not that interested in swimming / cycling too much at present but may be useful to have available in the future. My concerns are that it might be a little big / clunky and some reviews mention freezing issues - but then again I think nearly all garmins seen to have a mix of reviews.

Yes I ordered one a few weeks ago and I'm delighted with it. Can't go wrong for that kind of money I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

I've managed to break one of the straps on my garmin forerunner 405, the side with the buckle. Just wondering does anybody know where i could source a replacement part since it looks like its just screwed onto the main watch body?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

emerald007 wrote: »
    I've managed to break one of the straps on my garmin forerunner 405, the side with the buckle. Just wondering does anybody know where i could source a replacement part since it looks like its just screwed onto the main watch body?

I've a blue 405CX in bits here, you're welcome to that part provided I still have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Bought a premium HR strap a few months back and recently it has started to give out really high readings, on an easy run it could be up at over 200.
    When I switch back to my old strap HR readings are fine.
    I've been washing it per the instructions, wetting the electrodes, tried un-pairing it and pairing it again but no joy.
    Any ideas or should I just send it back

Advertisement