Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

kb98 wrote: »
    Ours is 16.30 to 18.30

Does ur school end at 4.30?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Consonata

Do you not think you will drain really fast if you but the nose to the grind stone from the verry beginning? Personally every night I'm just going to do the homework I was assigned that day plus set aside an hour or two for revision or reading up what we are doing next class.

Personally I think if you do anything more you will run out of steam by easter and crash and burn in your summer exams.

Consonata wrote: »
    Do you not think you will drain really fast if you but the nose to the grind stone from the verry beginning? Personally every night I'm just going to do the homework I was assigned that day plus set aside an hour or two for revision or reading up what we are doing next class.

Personally I think if you do anything more you will run out of steam by easter and crash and burn in your summer exams.

Thats why ur suposed to have a balanced lifestyle making time and space extra stuff after studying

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

FifaPlaya wrote: »
    Does ur school end at 4.30?

I will just write notes from that days classes and do my homework, just make a solid base for 6th year

• Advertisement

Ok

I really reccomend Duolingo to people who want to get a head start on the languages. It has alot of languages. Even Irish is going to be there. Its going to be released in a few days. Im using it with french and its great for revision and starting new tenses that we havent done in class yet.

Also Khan Academy is great if you want to get a head start on Maths and Science. It has excercises you can do and videos to teach you how to do problems and the like

Sorry I completely dorked out there :L

I really reccomend Duolingo to people who want to get a head start on the languages. It has alot of languages. Even Irish is going to be there. Its going to be released in a few days. Im using it with french and its great for revision and starting new tenses that we havent done in class yet.

Also Khan Academy is great if you want to get a head start on Maths and Science. It has excercises you can do and videos to teach you how to do problems and the like

Im only doing OL French outside school, in pretty confident i could pass it right now so im just working my way up to an A/B. I really hate irish, not using it for points so just going to go for a pass tbh

What do you want to do in uni?

Alison.com has great maths videos
    Im only doing OL French outside school, in pretty confident i could pass it right now so im just working my way up to an A/B. I really hate irish, not using it for points so just going to go for a pass tbh

Thank God my new school gave me a chance to ditch Irish and I accepted

Shooting for Medicine, I don't really want to do anything else, but I kinda need to sort out my studying method. Im going to try and take it slow and work my way up to it. I've done alot over the summer, went to one of those ELC courses you know for french. It was really good.

• Advertisement

Thank God my new school gave me a chance to ditch Irish and I accepted

So lucky, its basically just going to waste my study time as i try to get a pass even though i won't count it for points, rather spend the time on a points subject i need a good grade in :/

Shooting for Medicine, I don't really want to do anything else, but I kinda need to sort out my studying method. Im going to try and take it slow and work my way up to it. I've done alot over the summer, went to one of those ELC courses you know for french. It was really good.

Same :) im going to try hard for 5th year and then just continue it on into 6th and just hope i can get the points

So lucky, its basically just going to waste my study time as i try to get a pass even though i won't count it for points, rather spend the time on a points subject i need a good grade in :/

If I stayed in my old school I would have been in a similar position but thank god that during my interview the teacher said i could drop irish as long as im not goin into primary teaching

If I stayed in my old school I would have been in a similar position but thank god that during my interview the teacher said i could drop irish as long as im not goin into primary teaching

Jealous :(

Jealous :(

Irish is just a load of bollocks. Finally succeded in leaving it and im goin to get a nui exemption aswell so that clears away the irish requirement

Irish is just a load of bollocks. Finally succeded in leaving it and im goin to get a nui exemption aswell so that clears away the irish requirement

I hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

Everyone here is so negative about Irish,I love it!

pvakelly wrote: »

I hate all languages, except english, english is easy

I hate it

I tried to get an exemption for the jc cuz of my learning difficulties but i wasnt able but now im grateful. Dont know many ppl who like irish other than ppl who go to gaelscoils so i understand how the rest of yous feel

I hate all languages, except english, english is easy

Nah, languages are definitely my strong point, plus we had a fantastic teacher so that helped.

• Advertisement

I think if Irish was taught differently, people wouldnt be so negative about it. Like imagine we started Irish in Secondary school like french and only had to do a letter in the LC. Or all primary schools were done as gaeilge.

I guess who am I to talk, doing OL Irish and just ignoring it. But I have to do that because 60 points doesnt cut it if I get an A1 in it and I'd rather put my efforts in a points subject

I do love French though, and If I could learn Irish like I could learn french, I'd be delighted.

I think if Irish was taught differently, people wouldnt be so negative about it. Like imagine we started Irish in Secondary school like french and only had to do a letter in the LC. Or all primary schools were done as gaeilge.

I guess who am I to talk, doing OL Irish and just ignoring it. But I have to do that because 60 points doesnt cut it if I get an A1 in it and I'd rather put my efforts in a points subject

I do love French though, and If I could learn Irish like I could learn french, I'd be delighted.

Im just focusing on studying my 6 point subjects and then irish and French will be studied enough to pass them. I just don't see the point trying really hard for them when they get you no points, just trying extra hard in the other 6 to try get the As i need

Lets blame the education and gaeltacht mininsters cuz the current teaching system for irish is rubbish

Nah, languages are definitely my strong point, plus we had a fantastic teacher so that helped.

I got like As in like all the jc subjects besides irish and French, got an A in English tho, so languages are a weak point for me

Too bad the gaeltacht minister doesnt know irish

We've got more supporters

i have both strong and weak points with languages cuz of learning problem but im alright at german

What all does everybody want to do for college?

What all does everybody want to do for college?

Right now, something medical, but not a doctor! Probably something along the lines of genetics, immunology, virology, pharmacy, that sort of thing.

I feel like Pharm is sometimes underrated by people. Its such a good course and plenty of job oppertunities

Right now, something medical, but not a doctor! Probably something along the lines of genetics, immunology, virology, pharmacy, that sort of thing.

That's my back up if I don't get Medicine

• Advertisement

I feel like Pharm is sometimes underrated by people. Its such a good course and plenty of job oppertunities

When I say pharmacy, I don't really mean the pharmacy course. I've talked to a couple of pharmacists who've said that the pharmacy degrees are more geared towards those who want to do community pharmacy, as opposed to industrial, which is what I'd like. If I do end up in a pharma company I'll prob get to it with a chemistry degree or something. But yeah it all just seems really interesting!

Advertisement