Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any other Civil Servants not get their wages this morning?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Just checked my account and no wages!

My partner, in a different Dept, checked hers too and no wages there either.

Anyone else?

Better get her up on Gumtree advertising "happy ending massages" before the rest if you want food on the table so

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭JoeCole26

Seemingly boi pay civil service wages, so it would be an error on their side, not aibs (if that is in fact true)

I work in the private sector with AIB and didnt get paid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Last day of month. Like most salaried workers.
    Morning of the last day of the month. Last time I was on a salary, I was lucky to see my money in the bank by the 2nd of next month. Besides, op mentions wages, not salary.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

P_1 wrote: »
    Like almost every big system rollout it seems that SEPA just wasn't fully trouble-shot before it was rolled out. Strange that payments going into people's accounts seem to be the ones that always get delayed but payments going out seem to work like clockwork.

From my experience with SEPA in itself, it seems all the banks decided to implement it differently. Some transaction messages aren't fully visible with some of them, when you go to look at your debits/withdrawals. I don't think SEPA itself is the problem, more like what the banks did with it if their issues are SEPA related.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

With the introduction of SEPA it can be any time today when your wages get into your account. The first two paydays for me after SEPA was introduced my wages didn't hit my account until near 4pm.

+1 it might actually be the bank/s (well not the banks but sepa) that the issue is with.

Happened to me a couple of weeks ago didn't get it til 6pm that Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

From my experience with SEPA in itself, it seems all the banks decided to implement it differently. Some transaction messages aren't fully visible with some of them, when you go to look at your debits/withdrawals. I don't think SEPA itself is the problem, more like what the banks did with it if their issues are SEPA related.

That's a distinct possibility alright. You'd have thought that they would have had a look at things by now though, this isn't the first time that there's been a whoopsie with people's wages since it came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

gazzer wrote: »
    Weekly paid staff get their wages on a Thursday night/Fri morning. Fortnightly get theirs a day earlier.

I'm paid weekly and my wages are always paid Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Usually shortly after midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

How come I'm with Ulster Bank and didn't get paid either? Seems to bigger than Bank of Ireland's problem.

Because the Civil Service use Bank of Ireland to pay wages into your UB account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

auldgranny wrote: »
    Before nine in the morning?
    Unlikely.
    Depends on who is talking to whom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm surprised by the amount of civil servants on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Can't just be Bank of Ireland. I'm with Ulster bank - due to get paid last night. Didn't get paid yet. It's normally always in on the dot at the same time on a Wednesday night.
    How come I'm with Ulster Bank and didn't get paid either? Seems to bigger than Bank of Ireland's problem.

Dankse were the only bank operating in Ireland that were ready for SEPA.

All of the other banks were scrambling to have the bare minimum over the line in time for the deadlines, and are still playing catch-up.
    There's a hell of a lot of temporary fixes operating behind the scenes to keep things working.

I had the unfortunate task of managing the SEPA transition the group of the companies that are owned by my employer. Outside of Ireland it was simple. Within Ireland, it's a disaster. The Irish banks grouped together and decided that they weren't going to bother offering the SEPA Business-to-Business Direct Debit system at all, and only after heavy pressure from Irish businesses, the Central Bank and the Department of Finance did they agree to implement a watered-down version of it.

BOI still aren't able to accept payments files in SEPA formats, instead you have to send them the old style payments files, and they are running a conversion process in the background to convert them into acceptable formats to send to other banks. I wouldn't be surprised if something in the BOI conversion process was at the root of last night's delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Permanent tsb despite people saying not being paid saying via twitter that their system is up to date and no issues. So sounds like delays with the sepa clearing system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Those of us working on a permanent basis for the semi-states received our money this morning. It was delivered to my chambers in the past half hour by some mouth-breathing latchico in on a jobbridge scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The system has collapsed all your money is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 34,434 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm surprised by the amount of civil servants on here.

I'm not, sure they need something to do during the day don't they? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Friend of mine working in penneys hasn't been paid either :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Does Dav work in payroll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

Maybe Enda lost a bet at the Galway Races.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

My wife hasn't been paid...

• Advertisement

Have we had any statement on the matter from some Trade Union beard?

Spoke to our relationship manager in BOI there.

Any payments made through Bank of Ireland are affected, starting with last night's overnight files.

BOI have an outsourced processing service for payments files through SEPA, and the issue is with the outsourced service.

They are working to have it sorted before the close of business, but aren't guaranteeing anything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

blackwhite wrote: »
    Dankse were the only bank operating in Ireland that were ready for SEPA.

All of the other banks were scrambling to have the bare minimum over the line in time for the deadlines, and are still playing catch-up.
    There's a hell of a lot of temporary fixes operating behind the scenes to keep things working.

I had the unfortunate task of managing the SEPA transition the group of the companies that are owned by my employer. Outside of Ireland it was simple. Within Ireland, it's a disaster. The Irish banks grouped together and decided that they weren't going to bother offering the SEPA Business-to-Business Direct Debit system at all, and only after heavy pressure from Irish businesses, the Central Bank and the Department of Finance did they agree to implement a watered-down version of it.

BOI still aren't able to accept payments files in SEPA formats, instead you have to send them the old style payments files, and they are running a conversion process in the background to convert them into acceptable formats to send to other banks. I wouldn't be surprised if something in the BOI conversion process was at the root of last night's delays.

Bit of a shambles really.

"OH, so there's this EU thing coming about? Na screw it..."

So the main thing that we need to take from this is that BOI need to sort their sheet out. Has this sort of thing been raised with them at an official level? Certainly one for the trade unions to justify their subs on I would have thought.

P_1 wrote: »
    So the main thing that we need to take from this is that BOI need to sort their sheet out. Has this sort of thing been raised with them at an official level? Certainly one for the trade unions to justify their subs on I would have thought.

BOI couldn't really give a sh*te about the trade unions TBH.

The only thing that will make them sit up and take notice is large businesses (and state agencies) taking their banking elsewhere.

Thankfully, with SEPA, Irish businesses are no longer tied to having to use Irish banks - if BOI don't get their act together relatively quickly, the businesses that keep them afloat will move away pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Top story on the News

blackwhite wrote: »
    BOI couldn't really give a sh*te about the trade unions TBH.

The only thing that will make them sit up and take notice is large businesses (and state agencies) taking their banking elsewhere.

Thankfully, with SEPA, Irish businesses are no longer tied to having to use Irish banks - if BOI don't get their act together relatively quickly, the businesses that keep them afloat will move away pretty quickly.

Well tbh I'd imagine that the unions lobbying the employers to take their business from BOI would be more effective than them lobbying BOI directly. Of course if the unions have their accounts with BOI then a threat to bank elsewhere might have some impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Those of us working on a permanent basis for the semi-states received our money this morning. It was delivered to my chambers in the past half hour by some mouth-breathing latchico in on a jobbridge scheme.

Excellent. Now, release the hounds! :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    Excellent. Now, release the hounds! :D

It's rather unfortunate, Jim, and a sad reflection of our time, but we aren't allowed beat or physically educate any seasonal, student or interin workers. Even if they do arrive in looking like they got dressed in a skip. A sneering look of contempt across my face is about as much as I can do these days to show my dislike for these goons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Do you people budget your wages down to the nearest second or is it really that much of an inconvenience if your pay is a day late?

Advertisement