Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

24fk4yt.jpg

My first Draft. I really think Ings will do well in the EPL. Not sure whether to go with Rooney or RVP. Mata is a must in any team IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Nib wrote: »
    24fk4yt.jpg

My first Draft. I really think Ings will do well in the EPL. Not sure whether to go with Rooney or RVP. Mata is a must in any team IMO.

Is this the new thing now is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

24fk4yt.jpg

I disapprove of your choice of browsing tabs. Also your choice of attacking players if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

CSF wrote: »
    I disapprove of your choice of browsing tabs. Also your choice of attacking players if I'm honest.

Those browsing tabs have me splitting my sides here, told the wife n all, hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

jive wrote: »
    He's in my team now alright but the Irish in me wants Long.

current team:

Mannone/Krul

Luis/Shaw/Davies/Mariappa/Wisdom

Hazard/Mata/Silva/Eriksen/Albrighton

Jelavic/Rooney/Dzeko

Not 100% about Eriksen over Sigurdsson.

A) Evans, Sigurdsson, Giroud

B) Shaw, Eriksen, Jelavic

Stressed already...

Picking irish players cos they're irish is like letting supporting a team cloud your judgement when deciding between 2 players.

I have to fight it myself. As a Villa fan I had Vlaar in there for ages, but common sense has prevailed by now and I've taken him out.

I may have Jelavic in my team. It all depends on whether I go 3-5-2 or 3-4-3.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    This is my 352 attempt, and pretty close to what I'd expect to end up at. What do yous reckon?

316384.jpg

Keepers.
    Noting comments elsewhere re Chelsea keeper situation I'm still thinking of going with whichever of the two Mourinho plays for the PL. Think it gives option to go with more attack minded defenders without paying 6.5 for Terry.

Defence.
    Have sacrificed the standard Debuchy Arsenal cover to max out on midfield. Still have Chelsea, Spurs and Man U and would hope to have confirmed three viable 4m starters by start of season. If Vermaelen signs for United at 5m would be hard to overlook and would allow upgrading the cheapies.

Midfield
    Very happy with this 5. Tempting to save the 1m on Hazard to Fab but worth keeping Haz to start, can make the change if Fab starts well or Jose falls out with Eden. Eriksen no longers looks must have, but will be watched very closely and may have to be purchased yet. Or Lamela!

Forwards
    Rooney has to be there for the start I think. Tempted by Pelle, but going with the sensible Dzeko option. If Pelle impresses can switch freeing up 1m. Bojan seems the best option for certainty of starting if required, and Stoke rotate with Swansea so he may come in for Siggy as required. And you never know, his willingness to go to Stoke shows he's hungry perhaps, and given a run in the team could do well.

Yeah I think that's a pretty nice team. But I think you could re-work the defence slightly. I think 3x4.0 defenders is too many. I'd switch Courtois and Shaw to DDG and Debuchy. This would give you 1m to upgrade those 4.0 defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Do you guys reckon Schürrle will start much this season?
    I think there is a good bit of value is some places, but they may be risky due to competition for places at clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Do you guys reckon Schürrle will start much this season?
    I think there is a good bit of value is some places, but they may be risky due to competition for places at clubs.

He'll be In & out of the team just like last season imo.

Yeah I think that's a pretty nice team. But I think you could re-work the defence slightly. I think 3x4.0 defenders is too many. I'd switch Courtois and Shaw to DDG and Debuchy. This would give you 1m to upgrade those 4.0 defenders.

I'd agree with that, having 3 cheapos is definitely one too many. I've given my thoughts on siggy elsewhere, but otherwise it's a decent team.

Re: schurrle, it's an awful pity he can't nail down his spot. At his price he really is a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Krul
    Evans-Debuchy-Davies
    Ramsey-Fabregas-Eriksen-Nasri
    Rooney-Dzeko-Giroud

Mannone, Bruce, Wisdom, Davis

Not too sure about Giroud and Dzeko, might downgrade one to Remy and then upgrade Fabregas to Hazard or Nasri to Silva and Davis to Shelvey. Tempted to go for Bony as well as an option. Head is wrecked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Krul
    Evans-Debuchy-Davies
    Ramsey-Fabregas-Eriksen-Nasri
    Rooney-Dzeko-Giroud

Mannone, Bruce, Wisdom, Davis

Not too sure about Giroud and Dzeko, might downgrade one to Remy and then upgrade Fabregas to Hazard or Nasri to Silva and Davis to Shelvey. Tempted to go for Bony as well as an option. Head is wrecked!

Good solid team for me. I haven't Fabregas, Eriksen or Nasri myself but they're worth a punt. I think you have all the major bases covered there to be honest and team is strong in all areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

24fk4yt.jpg

Haha, well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

And now for something completely different....

1058rw5.jpg

Rotation is name of the game here.

QPR and Palace rotate rather well early on. Which would see 3-5-2 implemented most weeks and a comfortable bench.

Incidentally you could throw in Cameron rather than Santon and have Siggy and the Stoke defender rotating in tandem or switch it up and throw in Arnie with Neil Taylor. I'm not suggesting I'll be rolling this out nor would I be happy relying so much on a rotation policy. Just trying to see how many different ways I can skin the cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

b765ead69e404743c846e07e7519f5ff.png

After dozens of attempts, here's what I've come up with. Looking at playing 3-4-3.

I've decided that DDG is the only goalkeeper I'll use home or away.

In defense, Debuchy and Terry I'm determined to have in my team, with the 0.5 I've left in the bank, I may yet change Davies to Lovren, or whichever of the 4.0s looks least likely to play to a Newcastle defender - Coloccini/Williamson/Santon.

In midfield, I'm not happy that I dont have Eriksen, but I'll have to review that after the season starts, I think. Really want Sigurdsson in the team as I expect Swansea to be better this season without having European football to deal with. I think Sánchez is a must-have, if I'm proven wrong his ejection will free up funds at least. Mata and Hazard are proven FPL performers.

Up front, Dzeko should start every game for at least the first few weeks, Rooney seems like a bargain to me and I'll take a chance on Jelavic. (Or maybe Austin. Or Ings. :D)

Any input appreciated, be as scathing as ye like.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

tom_k wrote: »

After dozens of attempts, here's what I've come up with. Looking at playing 3-4-3.

In defense, Debuchy and Terry I'm determined to have in my team, with the 0.5 I've left in the bank, I may yet change Davies to Lovren, or whichever of the 4.0s looks least likely to play to a Newcastle defender - Coloccini/Williamson/Santon.

In midfield, I'm not happy that I dont have Eriksen, but I'll have to review that after the season starts, I think. Really want Sigurdsson in the team as I expect Swansea to be better this season without having European football to deal with. I think Sánchez is a must-have, if I'm proven wrong his ejection will free up funds at least. Mata and Hazard are proven FPL performers.

Up front, Dzeko should start every game for at least the first few weeks, Rooney seems like a bargain to me and I'll take a chance on Jelavic. (Or maybe Austin. Or Ings. :D)

I hope you do very well because your team is pretty much the same as mine. Midfield and strikers are and I then have Krul/Mannone to your De Gea and Shaw to your Davies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Good team ,will have to look at my own again now as this look s better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Lemlin wrote: »
    I hope you do very well because your team is pretty much the same as mine. Midfield and strikers are and I then have Krul/Mannone to your De Gea and Shaw to your Davies.

Given your record in this game, I'm happy to hear that. Up until last night, I was looking at a 3-5-2 with Zamora up front as (probably) non playing sub, very low budget defense and Krul/Myhill combo in goal in order to allow Eriksen in the team but I think this version is more balanced.
    sword1 wrote: »
    Good team ,will have to look at my own again now as this look s better

I still have a few worries about this team, for GW 1 I believe it's an absolute necessity that all my first 11 play.

My concerns are with Davies and whether he'll become a nailed on part of Spurs squad and with Dzeko - I can't imagine the horror of seeing a Man City teamsheet with a lone non-Dzeko striker or an Aguero/Jovetic combination assuming the former is uninjured and match fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I dont think Wisdom will be first choice as they signed the Gamboa, I know you probably have him in there as your choices are limited but I cant see him getting many points even if he does play.

Also I noticed a lot of teams with Debuchy even though Arsenal have some tough games to start with. Might be better off waiting a while before bringing him in. I've gone with Huth(Stoke) and Taylor(Swansea) instead of Debuchy and Wisdom, they rotate really well, their first 6 games are: AVL BUR WBA LEI SOT NEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Have the points changed/rules?

I cannot access the points page when i log into change my team? Does anyone have access to the new rules?

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Have the points changed/rules?

I cannot access the points page when i log into change my team? Does anyone have access to the new rules?
    There are no points yet. No games have been played.

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Also I noticed a lot of teams with Debuchy even though Arsenal have some tough games to start with. Might be better off waiting a while before bringing him in. I've gone with Huth(Stoke) and Taylor(Swansea) instead of Debuchy and Wisdom, they rotate really well, their first 6 games are: AVL BUR WBA LEI SOT NEW.
    Decent post. You're the second person to mention Taylor today, after Mr P. Is he expected to start in the swans back four?

Edit: just saw Paully mentioned him in another thread. Is there something we should know, lads? :pac:

Decent post. You're the second person to mention Taylor today, after Mr P. Is he expected to start in the swans back four?

He was first choice before he got a bad injury. After he recovered Davies had taken his chance and took his place. I'd expect him to be first choice unless they sign someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I dont think Wisdom will be first choice as they signed the Gamboa, I know you probably have him in there as your choices are limited but I cant see him getting many points even if he does play.

Totally agree with debuchy arsenal also have 2 cl qualifiers to play in between the first 3 games. Less than ideal pre season prep either due to having the most players from Pl teams reach the last 8 of the world cup. I'm also on the swa Sto rotation.

Totally agree with debuchy arsenal also have 2 cl qualifiers to play in between the first 3 games. Less than ideal pre season prep either due to having the most players from Pl teams reach the last 8 of the world cup. I'm also on the swa Sto rotation.

I think it's the best rotation option by far as both teams are strong at home.

I'm keeping an eye on Diouf and Bojan too as I have Sigurdsson and I'm thinking of playing 5 in midfield. If Sigurdsson has a tough away game then Bojan/Diouf could do a job.

I have almost the same front 8. Except instead of Jelavic I've gone with Giroud. Needless to say this means I've had a scrimp a bit more on defence than you (. But overall very similar teams - so obviously I quite like this team!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think it's the best rotation option by far as both teams are strong at home.

I'm keeping an eye on Diouf and Bojan too as I have Sigurdsson and I'm thinking of playing 5 in midfield. If Sigurdsson has a tough away game then Bojan/Diouf could do a job.

ye its a great option there is a lot of value if you consider fixtures and rotate 5 cheapies in defence.6 or 7 teams with 4.5 defenders have good opening 8 fixtures. Sunderland, newcastle, swansea, stoke( cameron) huth for 5.0 if not, burnley, qpr, WBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hmm, it appears my current team is more 'Mr Prodston' than 'Lemlin'.

Is that good or bad!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

looking at this now

Screenshot%2B%28304%29.png

pretty happy, i have a few differentials in Coutinho Lamela and Fletch, the one that really worries me(not having) is Sanchez, but i have Ramsey and Giroud. i'm frankly shocked at the amount of teams without Ramsey, but hopefully that will work in my favor **limited numbers available on the GW2 Rambo Wagon**

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

Anyone any thoughts on this:

W6PBKkR.png

Worried about my lack of Chelsea attacking cover and no City cover.

Was thinking maybe Dzeko instead of Giroud

Have 0.5 left to play with but really want to give Bojan a chance up front instead of going for Ings / Jelavic

• Advertisement

lassykk wrote: »
    Anyone any thoughts on this:

W6PBKkR.png

Worried about my lack of Chelsea attacking cover and no City cover.

Was thinking maybe Dzeko instead of Giroud

Have 0.5 left to play with but really want to give Bojan a chance up front instead of going for Ings / Jelavic

Sign up Oscar and Navas and you'll have your Chelsea/City cover. You'll be flying then. Totally.

Advertisement