Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭squonk

Is there a rough cut of the pilot out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

squonk wrote: »
    Is there a rough cut of the pilot out?

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Ironically, the pilot was a tad too fast for my liking.

I liked the characters they introduced but everything up to Barry getting his powers felt rushed. The moments of levity were generally good, as were the moments of drama (like the scene under the bridge).

I hope the pilot is edited into two episodes so his relationship with his parents and his 'weird' side-investigations (before the accident) are developed more.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But would you really want that? They have a whole series to go into the parents and the investigation. They can't really tell the whole backstory in one episode. Sure look at Arrow with the island.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But would you really want that? They have a whole series to go into the parents and the investigation. They can't really tell the whole backstory in one episode. Sure look at Arrow with the island.

IMO it would be better than what we currently have. The entire setup is skipped over in a matter of minutes. While you get a sense of the character, you never really feel invested.

As I mentioned, the scene that got the sense of charcater development versus pace right was the bridge scene, with Iris and her father talking to Barry. Basically, I want more of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

It felt a bit rushed and jumpy in places but still fun so I'd say it might be re-edited before it is premiered in September.
    The part in the opening credits of him running through the traffic looks very poor cgi wise.
    (Also,
    turn the steering wheel and your car flips over
    :confused: )

Overall I liked it, nice pace :p
    Couldn't help but smile when Oliver showed up

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Enjoyed can see myself watching most of the first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Robbie Amell has been cast as Ronnie Raymond who is the fiance of Caitlin Snow. Ronnie Raymond is one half of the superhero Firestorm.
    http://tvline.com/2014/07/09/the-flash-cast-robbie-amell-firestorm/

Wonder if he'll mention his cousin Ollie Queen. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

It wasnt bad ,quite a few DC easter eggs:

Here be
    (the Grodd cage, Ferris Airstrip, mention of Waynetech).
    There was also a sort of shout out to The Big Bang Theory(the rock,paper,scissors,lizard,spock T shirt one of the guys was wearing near the end) probably as they've done their own take on the Flash running towards the camera thing....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Robbie Amell has been cast as Ronnie Raymond who is the fiance of Caitlin Snow. Ronnie Raymond is one half of the superhero Firestorm.
    http://tvline.com/2014/07/09/the-flash-cast-robbie-amell-firestorm/

Felicity's step son :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Felicity's step son :p
    Yeah but that was before New 52 in DC Comics. They are actually bringing Felicity Smoak along with some other characters from Arrow into the Green Arrow comic when executive producer Andrew Kreisberg and series writer/producer Ben Sokolowski take over the comic book.

Also if you saw the Flash pilot
    didn't Caitlin say she lost her fiancée in the explosion that gave Barry his powers? Could this be how firestorm is formed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭pah

Yeah but that was before New 52 in DC Comics. They are actually bringing Felicity Smoak along with some other characters from Arrow into the Green Arrow comic when executive producer Andrew Kreisberg and series writer/producer Ben Sokolowski take over the comic book.

Also if you saw the Flash pilot
    didn't Caitlin say she lost her fiancée in the explosion that gave Barry his powers? Could this be how firestorm is formed

hopefully this won't follow a baddie of the week format too much, especially not baddies created through the accident ala meteor rock in smallville.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

pah wrote: »
    hopefully this won't follow a baddie of the week format too much, especially not baddies created through the accident ala meteor rock in smallville.

I've a feeling this will be the plot exactly with some larger story arc .ie his parents

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭pah

so having seen the pilot and the ending in particular does it seem obvious that
    the flash disappears in the future and probably travels back in time and is directly involved in what happened to his mother? probably chasing some baddie

pah wrote: »
    so having seen the pilot and the ending in particular does it seem obvious that
    the flash disappears in the future and probably travels back in time and is directly involved in what happened to his mother? probably chasing some baddie
    in the comics
    its Reverse Flash who goes back in time to kill Barry's mother. Some theories I've read on the flash reddit are that Harrison wells is actually Eobard Thawne who is Reverse Flash, who came from the future to kill Barry's mother thus leading to the creation of the flash and professor . Another is that when you see the yellow and red blurs around the mother, it's actually Flash and Reverse Flash

Wentworth Miller has been cast as Captain Cold

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

mafaa wrote: »

Yeah supposedly there are going to be characters from arrow and flash appearing in each show. There is also the 2 hour long crossover that is going to happen in the eighth episode of both shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Wentworth Miller has been cast
    yikes, not a good thing

It is if Barry needs to break out of prison. Our if he starts talking to God

Arrow villain Clock King (Robert Knepper) to appear in episode 7 teaming up with new Flash bad guy . hopefully its the same episode as Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller) for obvious reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Big up in Cadmus in Justice League Unlimited cartoon, love Clancy Brown he has a great voice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement