Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah lads, this heat is taking the piss.

Options
  • 23-07-2014 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

I'm this close to throwing the mattress out the window and sleeping in the garden.

Only got 2 hours sleep last night. Up at 7:30. :(

Anyone else finding it tough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Tonight is the worst in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

my sweaty balls are sweaty

• Registered Users Posts: 81,645 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Take aboard 2 litres of water and you will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

That sucks. I don't find sleeping in heat that bad. Kicking off the sheets is usually enough if it's bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

It's the damn humidity. As soon as you step out the door you can feel the weight of the air on you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

Sleep in the garden in the nip. Those flying ant bastards will make you never want to leave the house again!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Another night of not sleeping.

Get to masterbate a lot. Bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

It's horrible. It really annoys me when weather forecasters describe this kind of crap as 'good weather'. If it prevents you from sleeping, it's fucking bad weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Nib wrote: »
    I'm this close to throwing the mattress out the window

Large window.

Plus, man up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

It's 19 degrees out. Room temperature is 21 degrees. Give over. Jaysus you'd be bollixed if ya were in Florida.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

wprathead wrote: »
    my sweaty balls are sweaty

Since man emerged out of the cave he has had an issue with the sac sticking to the side of his leg during hot weather. It's a design flaw. Can I recommend a dusting of light talc around the twig and berries? It works. You'll be able to face the C-Suite confident in the knowledge that the 'cellar works' aren't going to stop you making a big impression at the table that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Shut up ye miserable feckers. The heat is awesome.

Sure beats our usually rainy, bleak summers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Do people have the central heating on 24/7 or what that they cant tolerate the heat?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Mist is so heavy I can't see out a window. Visibility is about 5 metres here.

I want the cold back, can't sleep or work in this heat. Give me -10C any day over this. Even if there was a bit of wind to take the edge off. I have 12 windows open here and you would not know the difference if I went and close them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

It's 19 degrees out. Room temperature is 21 degrees. Give over. Jaysus you'd be bollixed if ya were in Florida.

But in Florida they would have air conditioners we are not so lucky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Have any ye been on holidays in Spain etc ???

Take off your fcking night dresses ye big pussies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Knex. wrote: »
    Shut up ye miserable feckers. The heat is awesome.

Sure beats our usually rainy, bleak summers.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of rain. Well, nothing that remaining indoors won't solve.

SweetChaos wrote: »

You don't need air conditioning for 20 degrees. Christ on a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'd pay good money for cold and rain Knex!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

Mist is so heavy I can't see out a window. Visibility is about 5 metres here.

Definitely go and scare the shíte out if the neighbours!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

If I was in Florida it'd be 7:43 in the evening so I probably wouldn't be in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It's the humidity that's the problem.

The humidity and the bollocks who insulated my house more than any house needs to be insulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I've been in nothing but my boxers for 2 hours beside a window that is slightly open. Does the job for me.

Last summer, the nights were warmer so I supplemented this method with 1-2 shots of whiskey an hour before bed. Just enough to knock me out.

Slattsy wrote: »
    I'd pay good money for cold and rain Knex!

Give me a hundred quid and I'll turn the garden hose on ya. You'll be sending up z's in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

It's the humidity that's the problem.

The humidity and the bollocks who insulated my house more than any house needs to be insulated.

If your house is so well insulated it should insulate the heat from entering the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Knex. wrote: »
    You don't need air conditioning for 20 degrees. Christ on a bike.

No but the heat gets trapped inside the house ever with every window open upstairs when you walk upstairs its like walking into a sauna downstairs is cooler

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Do people have the central heating on 24/7 or what that they cant tolerate the heat?

Makes no sense....... I can take as much cold as you can give me but not the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

SweetChaos wrote: »

I have my air conditioning set to around 24/25 degrees at night time. That's a nice cool temperature for sleeping. Go away with your 21 degrees being too hot!

Our air con was broken last week and the temp was 33 degrees in the bedroom. Now that's unbearable!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

huh? i was coming home at 11:30 and it was freezing. my windows are closed.

the night before..that was one hot night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I understand the argument that we have high humidity and thus it feels way worse, but still..I'm quite comfortable in this weather/temp. When I went to Spain the heat knocked me for six.

Advertisement