Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Nice to hear there are better Guards out there so,they seemed more worried about my paperwork and then their soar attitude when I questioned anything

Oh and nice cars,only watched for the love of cars on channel 4 about them :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

was updated about a break in on sunday. Some guys were spotted breaking into a house in Mulhuddart. The police were called and arrived while the guys were in the house. Neighbours told them that they are in the house. Police said they cannot enter the house without due cause and left the estate. The burglars then escaped.

I'm very sceptical that's exactly what happened. I rang the gardai before when I saw a group of guys entering a house that didn't live there. Gardai arrived quickly and had no probs checking it out. Turned out it was tradesmen given the key to work on the house, but the owner left the alarm on when he was supposed to leave it off for them.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I'm very sceptical that's exactly what happened. I rang the gardai before when I saw a group of guys entering a house that didn't live there. Gardai arrived quickly and had no probs checking it out. Turned out it was tradesmen given the key to work on the house, but the owner left the alarm on when he was supposed to leave it off for them.

I am 100% of this story i have more to add to it. I have seen the CCTV of these guys also. Gardai were called so we could present them with the images and film of the guys breaking in. They said they are not going to accept it. This is the 3rd time Gardai are not accepting evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

I am 100% of this story i have more to add to it. I have seen the CCTV of these guys also. Gardai were called so we could present them with the images and film of the guys breaking in. They said they are not going to accept it. This is the 3rd time Gardai are not accepting evidence.

what reason was given? contact higher ups, GSOC and local politicians. the climate currently is very much for reform of such issues with AGS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Garda helicopter very low and noisy over Waterville for the last 15mins

• Advertisement

folan wrote: »
    what reason was given? contact higher ups, GSOC and local politicians. the climate currently is very much for reform of such issues with AGS.

They couldn't enter the house without due cause. We spoke to them and they are not accepting photo or CCTV footage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

definitely bring this to higher ups attention

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

They couldn't enter the house without due cause. We spoke to them and they are not accepting photo or CCTV footage.

If this is genuinely 100% true you should go to one of the papers with it. Going to the higher ups doesn't always get results. Given what's been going on behind the scenes there lately I'd have no confidence in making a complaint.
    If you can prove, without doubt, that someone's house was burgled, the guards were informed and onsite but chose to do nothing and left, allowing the house to be burgled, then contact one of the papers. If the guards were in the right with what they did they've nothing to lose, if they were just being lazy or making excuses then the public have a right to know that they pick and choose what they respond to.

If this is genuinely 100% true you should go to one of the papers with it. Going to the higher ups doesn't always get results. Given what's been going on behind the scenes there lately I'd have no confidence in making a complaint.
    If you can prove, without doubt, that someone's house was burgled, the guards were informed and onsite but chose to do nothing and left, allowing the house to be burgled, then contact one of the papers. If the guards were in the right with what they did they've nothing to lose, if they were just being lazy or making excuses then the public have a right to know that they pick and choose what they respond to.

We are actually holding off on the papers story, there are papers who want to do stories about what is going on in Dublin 15 as well as a documentary crew. We are trying to talk with the police, but the initial conversation with them was about how much more we can do. Not about how little they are doing !! We want to work with the garda but we are just not getting anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Dre, in this instance can you confirm what I think you're saying, that the burglars were inside the house doing their thing and the Gardai were parked outside the house, probably less than 10m from the doorstep, aware that an alleged crime was taking place but they decided to drive off because there was nothing they could do?

I'm struggling to believe something like that would happen. Would they not have even waited outside to see the people come out of the house? Where were the neighbours who told the Gardai and witnessed them driving off? What did they say/do when the burglars came out of the house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fasterbetter

House broken into this morning off Auburn Avenue 9AM.
    Working alarm ripped off wall inside.
    In and out in 10 mins.
    Driving a BMW.
    Cash and Jewellery stolen

I would say it was even quicker then 10 minutes. Do you have a colour of the car ?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

Lads going around tyrrelstown this morning selling rugs having a good look at the houses. Answered the door to him so he knew there was at least one person on the road at home and kept an eye out for any strange cars/vans but none drove past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Reminds me of one afternoon years ago some lads knocked on the door. Dogs were barking so I only opened the door a slip, guy asked if the dogs bit, told him they'd savage him if they got out. Anyway, there were a couple across the road with rugs but this fella has pictures of the then pope. I asked why would I want that fella on my wall. He was a bit taken aback and said "what are ya, protestant?".

Playing along I said ye and he stormed off.

So top tip, hang a sash from your door and you'll ward them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

So Dre when you say 'we are holding off' who are 'we'? The news papers and documentary crew holding off exposing this because?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Reports of a 30 year old man found dead in Ongar apartment overnight, two women arrested. Anally Way in Ongar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Arciphel wrote: »
    Reports of a 30 year old man found dead in Ongar apartment overnight, two women arrested. Anally Way in Ongar.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/gardai-question-two-women-after-man-known-to-gardai-dies-at-dublin-party-632173.html

3 guys in a grey estate "selling knives and bed sheets" were very eager to talk to one house in particular today, banging the windows and doors. They were moved out of the estate.

Warning from the Gardai in Blanch, this is a long weekend and this is a time to be extra vigilant as people go away for the weekend .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

They were moved out of the estate.
    Who moved them out of the estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

3 guys in a grey estate "selling knives and bed sheets" were very eager to talk to one house in particular today, banging the windows and doors. They were moved out of the estate.

Warning from the Gardai in Blanch, this is a long weekend and this is a time to be extra vigilant as people go away for the weekend .
    any make on the car?

• Advertisement

horse7 wrote: »
    any make on the car?

I didnt get the make of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Praetorian22

Hi everyone

Heard a story from my friend yesterday incident happened initially in roselawn shopping centre and ended in his estate just down the clonsilla road beside coolmine park.

Two lads followed a woman to her car in roselawn attempted to enter the car to rob her and then tried to break the window to take her bag. They failed!

Woman sped off in a panic and drove home, turns out the two guys followed her. When she got to her front door she spotted them running up into the garden.

My friend just happened to be coming around the corner on his motorbike, and neighbours starting coming out as the woman was screaming.

Anyway the two lads ran from the garden into their car open vectra (black) my mate drove up behind them they stuck the car in reverse and tried to knock him off, he went up on the kerb and they attempted to reverse up it also only to hit the wall, they drove off then in a panic, nothing taken, guards were called and everything but the reg my mate and the neighbours got was wrong beit invalid/dummy reg.

Anyway shows you the scum do be watching you in the shops..stay vigilant folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Hi everyone

Heard a story from my friend yesterday incident happened initially in roselawn shopping centre and ended in his estate just down the clonsilla road beside coolmine park.

Two lads followed a woman to her car in roselawn attempted to enter the car to rob her and then tried to break the window to take her bag. They failed!

Woman sped off in a panic and drove home, turns out the two guys followed her. When she got to her front door she spotted them running up into the garden.

My friend just happened to be coming around the corner on his motorbike, and neighbours starting coming out as the woman was screaming.

Anyway the two lads ran from the garden into their car open vectra (black) my mate drove up behind them they stuck the car in reverse and tried to knock him off, he went up on the kerb and they attempted to reverse up it also only to hit the wall, they drove off then in a panic, nothing taken, guards were called and everything but the reg my mate and the neighbours got was wrong beit invalid/dummy reg.

Anyway shows you the scum do be watching you in the shops..stay vigilant folks!

Where the lads locals, what age were they? was it in coolmine woods or broadway? what time of day was it?

It was just after 3pm the estate is to the right of coolmine woods

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

It was just after 3pm the estate is to the right of coolmine woods

sounds to me like she was targeted specifically, maybe they knew something about what she had on her or access to.

Its likely although this is not the first time I've heard the possibility of lads following someone home.

My neighbour is in his early 70's and quite slow on his feet.

He was out getting petrol and some food for the week and went to the ATM in the local garage took out a couple of hundred.

He went home started bringing the shopping in from the boot of the car. Car pulled up outside two eastern europeans (not being racist) came up into the garden and asked him for directions. They had a house number scribbled on a piece of paper.

In the midst of my neighbour directing them one of the lads was able to take his wallet from his pocket without him noticing.

Garda came and went to the local garage they pulled cctv turns out the car was behind him and a woman was with them.

The woman was in the shop behind my neighbour obviously saw him pulling out the money and figured him an easy target presumably due to his age.

Point being this knacks watch you in the shops and then follow you home to chance there arm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Heard a similar storey about someone being approached in the car park of the local shops, distracted and a purse stolen. When they looked at the CCTV they'd followed them around the shop. Same kinda profile as the other cases above/ There's obviously the same or similar groups targeting all the local shops and business, and targeting vulnerable people, especially older people.

People need to tell everyone. As once people start watching out for them, they won't be able to hand around like they are. The shops need to be doing more to beef up the security of their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

Just had what are more than likely the same guys in a Navy opel vetra estate in tyrrelstow. Couldnt get full reg but ends 704. There was 2 different fellas out doing door to door two more men and a kid in the car collected them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Anybody know what happened on the green in Ongar last night? I heard noise and saw large groups of teenagers, who all ran when a police siren sounded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Just spotted a couple of kids, no more than maybe 12 hop the wall (which is a good 9 or 10 feet) in Waterville and take off with a load of equipment from the new estate building site. I was "politely" told where to go when I asked what they were doing. :rolleyes:

Advertisement