Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

I can confirm that phone credits are ok with the voucher!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

s982102 wrote: »
    I can confirm that phone credits are ok with the voucher!

I seem to get very grouchy staff in Maynooth......... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I seem to get very grouchy staff in Maynooth......... :confused:

Very odd store tbh, a couple of the underlings went crazy a few months back when I bought a shed load of the 1c games and dvds, did just get a bargain of sorts down there though, two series 9 lego mini figures for €2.24 each, a few years old but could be good figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Tesco are updating their range of Cameras and Sat Navs at the moment.

There are store specific reductions on the old range (some may be ex-display)
    I was just in Arklow and there were quite a few cameras reduced .. Prices are approx
    I few I remember were
    Fuji T350 €27
    GE x400 €36
    Olympus SZ14 around €80 in red
    Garmin nuvi 50 (can't remember price)

again will be very store specific

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Tesco douglas are finally clearing out their games section (cardboard stand downstairs)

i got Mario 3d on 3ds for €10, other games (brain training...etc) are €5 again, and they had ps3/xbox/wii games reduced,

loads including ps3 Batman Arkam asylum and Bioshock 2, Xbox360 The simpsons, Wii Music etc for €10.

also they had a wheel there that if you spun you got free Lindt easter goodies, i saw people winning bunnies, (the €4 ones) boxes of chocolates and we won the little set of chocolate chicks they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

the game clearance is on in all stores, it includes consoles but only certain types and not all stores have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Got the xbox 360 kinect star wars bundle today in Tesco Sligo for 99 euro. R2-D2 style console with a 320gb hdd, kinect, kinect star wars game and a c-3po joypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

I had no problem last week using a Lidl 10/50 coupon at Tesco in Castlebar to buy a total of €50 in items, including €20 phone top-up. But today I tried to do the same in Tesco Claremorris and was turned down. The cashier called a manager over and she pointed to the phrase "terms and conditions apply" but of course there was no mention of phone credit as being an excluded item. I didn't argue the point.

Are others having a similar experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Nope as far as I know the only conditions are standard.
    cigarettes, baby formula, lottery, tobacco.
    phone credit shouldn't be included. I haven't had any problems so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭crayon80

Could anyone post a pdf of the instore leaflet about Tescos accepting competitors coupons ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Luna Moon Hunter

leck wrote: »
    I had no problem last week using a Lidl 10/50 coupon at Tesco in Castlebar to buy a total of €50 in items, including €20 phone top-up. But today I tried to do the same in Tesco Claremorris and was turned down. The cashier called a manager over and she pointed to the phrase "terms and conditions apply" but of course there was no mention of phone credit as being an excluded item. I didn't argue the point.

Are others having a similar experience?

Went to Tesco Swinford last night. First of all asked the girl at the checkout do they accept the Lidl vouchers and can I use it to get €30 Top Up plus some groceries, she said yeah, no problem. Was delighted, went back to pick up few bits and bobs and back to the same girl. There were few people in front of me so some guy pops out out of nowhere and takes me to the next till. Gave him the voucher and asked for a top up too and he said that can't accept it as the voucher can only be used against the groceries. Told him I asked someone else 5mins earlier and it was fine. He was insisting that they shouldn't be accepting it. Went to Customer Service afterwards and she said it should be OK but she'll need to check it with the manager. And here comes your man again :/ Told him that wasn't impressed. Not that he cared ;) Hope to try it in Sligo tomorrow. Was pretty annoyed all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

crayon80 wrote: »
    Could anyone post a pdf of the instore leaflet about Tescos accepting competitors coupons ?

This is the flyer, says T&Cs apply see in store for details, wonder where instore? But did read that Tesco Express stores are a no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 noodles55

Think I read on there fb page somewhere that they dont accept it against phone credit and petrol and vouchers/giftcards and the usual other suspects. They had replied to someone asking anout the terms and conditions just cant seem to find it again now

The manager I met today said something about baby formula being excluded too, but since the "we accept competitors coupons" flyer does not list the T&Cs, it's hard to know what the exceptions are. The manager also went onto say that they wouldn't be reimbursed if they accepted the coupons on phone credit. But they wouldn't be reimbursed for other items either. Maybe she was trying to say is that they have little or no profit margin on phone credit.

Maybe each store is setting their own policies on how to accept the coupons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I didnt see that anywhere but you can use them for electrical etc, not just groceries. No idea about phone credit, but may have seen that you cant use it to buy gift cards, wonder if you can buy itunes vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I found a 1c game again in the omni in santry, crazy senior staff member not sure if she was a manager as I have seen her dressed in the blue jacket of senior staff told me it is against the law to sell items at 1c when questioned on this absurd line she could not tell me which law it was that prohibits such sale, her manager wouldn't give me the game. Sonic Mario London 2012 for 3ds btw, sorry for rant this is the third time this has happened in the same store, I did manage to get Mario 3D Land for 3DS for €10 in the same store, think I will avoid them from now on.

Seems like it depends on who you get at the checkout really and it varies from store to store too. Some stores and members of staff accept the vouchers against both phone credit and gift cards, others don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

:mad::mad::mad: Bought all my Easter Eggs in Tesco on Wednesday and they reduced all the ones I bought to half price the next day :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Tesco in kinnegad games sale back on.
    Picked up
    UFC personal trainer..wii €5
    Metro 2033..Xbox €1
    Max Payne 3..Xbox €5
    Street fighter x tekken..Xbox €5
    Saints row the third..ps3 €5
    Kane & Lynch 2 dog days..ps3 €5

Many many more games across 3 formats..wii,xbox,ps3
    Some games are €10 on ps3 but €5 on Xbox (same game)
    Call of duty ps3 was €10
    Assassins creed 3 ps3 €5
    Dirt 3 ps3 €5
    Mario sonic 2012 Olympics wii €5

Member of staff was freshly putting them out about 2 hours ago by the frozen section on a stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Only Easter eggs left in kinnegad was cream egg and mini egg with mug.€5 each
    No other eggs left at all.

• Advertisement

Went to Tesco Swinford last night. First of all asked the girl at the checkout do they accept the Lidl vouchers and can I use it to get €30 Top Up plus some groceries, she said yeah, no problem. Was delighted, went back to pick up few bits and bobs and back to the same girl. There were few people in front of me so some guy pops out out of nowhere and takes me to the next till. Gave him the voucher and asked for a top up too and he said that can't accept it as the voucher can only be used against the groceries. Told him I asked someone else 5mins earlier and it was fine. He was insisting that they shouldn't be accepting it. Went to Customer Service afterwards and she said it should be OK but she'll need to check it with the manager. And here comes your man again :/ Told him that wasn't impressed. Not that he cared ;) Hope to try it in Sligo tomorrow. Was pretty annoyed all the same!
    Used my €10 off Lidl voucher in Tesco Sligo this morning. Got €30 Phone Credit and just over €20 worth groceries. No problem whatsoever! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Generally I find it's best to go to a till with a younger (usually part-time) member of staff.

Used my €10 off Lidl voucher in Tesco Sligo this morning. Got €30 Phone Credit and just over €20 worth groceries. No problem whatsoever! :)
    After problems yesterday in Claremorris (would not let me use voucher toward phone credit), had no problem using it today in Tesco Ballinrobe.

How the heck did all the eggs disappear overnight? There were oodles of them yesterday and there they were today - all gone, except for some mini eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ruby37

Kahlua Orange Juice six pack scanning at 1 cent in Tesco New Ross and Carlow. The apple juice six pack was 50c in New Ross but none left in Carlow. I've enough orange juice to last me a month!

ruby37 wrote: »
    Kahlua Orange Juice six pack scanning at 1 cent in Tesco New Ross and Carlow. The apple juice six pack was 50c in New Ross but none left in Carlow. I've enough orange juice to last me a month!

Kahlua? Damn. So- I guess its a coffee/orange flavour?
    Its well worth a drive down to Carlow for this I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Kahlua? Damn. So- I guess its a coffee/orange flavour?
    Its well worth a drive down to Carlow for this I guess.

I'm guessing they're talking about the brand of juices that has that name (or something similar). The six pack would be the little lunchbox size cartons of juice.

I'm guessing they're talking about the brand of juices that has that name (or something similar). The six pack would be the little lunchbox size cartons of juice.

Dammit.........
    I was just about tasting Kahlua in my mouth- the sweet coffee taste.........

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ruby37

My fault for misleading, just checked, its actually called "Kulana".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Tesco Extra Drogheda had some games for Wii, 360 and PS3 going cheap also, Far Cry 3 was the pick of the bunch and PS3 selection seemed better than the others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Tesco had some cameras on clearance a Fujifilm Finepix T350 €26, Samsung WB150 in white €65,Olympus SZ-14 €75

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement