Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Have to say. That was a ****ing impressive start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

PARlance wrote: »
    This is fantastic I have to say... It's going to be all the funnier when they blow it

I don't see anything but pool winning the league. City still have to go to Everton too and Liverpool are the form team.

They have been unplayable.

Interesting to see their approach second half but I'd expect them to score again on the break

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ForeRight wrote: »
    I don't see anything but pool winning the league. City still have to go to Everton too and Liverpool are the form team.

They have been unplayable.

Interesting to see their approach second half but I'd expect them to score again on the break

Ah ya, it'll probably be their best chance of winning one for a long while.

They've a favourable run in and have benefited from not having champs league football over this year and previous years I suppose.

Still going to blow it though :)

(I'm may not believe they will, but that's the party line and I'm sticking to it) ;)

Give us a post there stevieob :)

Give us a post there stevieob :)

You're some spanner :)

• Advertisement

You're some spanner :)

Haha

Kompany is a spanner foot

• Registered Users Posts: 15,875 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

What a goal...... How's that for a post :)

stevieob wrote: »
    What a goal...... How's that for a post :)

Get off the internet you barstooler ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Ynwa

Phew......... Wasn't looking good there for a while.......

How fitting was it the first goal was scored on 6 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

The Pool are actually going to win the league!

I know one fan who stands to win a lot of cash if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

What a result and what a game.

3 big points in the bag

Just in from the Pub for a bit of grub and then settle down later for the Masters.

Fantastic weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

I know one fan who stands to win a lot of cash if they do.

Martin Tyler?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

LOL!

Seeing that this is turning into the Liverpool (are gonna blow the league) Thread, I thought I'd stick this up.

From Pirlos book

I’ll never fully shake that sense of absolute impotence when destiny is at work. The feeling will cling to my feet forever, trying to pull me down…

There are always lessons to be found in the darkest moments. It’s a moral obligation to dig deep and find that little glimmer of hope or pearl of wisdom. You might hit upon an elegant phrase that stays with you and makes the journey that little bit less bitter. I’ve tried with Istanbul and haven’t managed to get beyond these words: for ****’s sake.

Pirlo is a legend. This photo confirmed it for me....

pirlo-wine.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I still think(hope) mourinho will pull a master stroke when they play liverpool. Chelsea are far more superior defensively than liverpool, but they don't have a top striker. It's going to be tight!

etxp wrote: »
    I still think(hope) mourinho will pull a master stroke when they play liverpool. Chelsea are far more superior defensively than liverpool, but they don't have a top striker. It's going to be tight!

That game falls between the two CL semi games against athletico.
    Big advantage for Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

That game falls between the two CL semi games against athletico.
    Big advantage for Liverpool.

I know that but it is mourinho. I can't see liverpool winning their next 4 games. They might but I can't see it and I think the Chelsea match is where they will come unstuck. A draw is enough to let city back into it!

I know that but it is mourinho. I can't see liverpool winning their next 4 games. They might but I can't see it and I think the Chelsea match is where they will come unstuck. A draw is enough to let city back into it!

if Liverpool win all their games they will be champions
    if Chelsea win all their games they will be champions.
    A draw in the big match will open the door for City, so it really could be any of them.

I think Norwich will be tough, but Liverpool will get through that one setting up a massive game against the blues. Winner takes all? maybe....

I think Crystal Palace will probably be Liverpools toughest match, but Newcastle at home on the final day won't be easy.

After 6 wins on the trot I couldn't see us going 10. now why not another 4 :)

• Advertisement

For the day that's in it.

Now I don't normally get soppy, or post stuff like this, but this is not for me, it's for 96 innocent football fans and their families. 96 fans who went to support their team but never came home.

That afternoon is one of my earliest memories, I was only 13 but remember it unfold as if it were yesterday. I guess for the likes folk who remember where they were when JFK was shot, the 15th of April 1989 is one day I will never forget.

13859359415_bd64c7137b_o.jpg
    13859387113_e7817949ba_o.jpg
    13859732924_f713434cc8_o.jpg

RIP

Don't let the "mourinho factor" blind you. He was managing Chelsea when they lost to villa and palace 2 games in a row a couple of weeks ago. That's where Chelsea have blown this.

I think a draw will be good enough for Liverpool. I don't think city will win all 6 games which includes a game away against Everton who are buzzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

It is crazy talk that Liverpool have won the league.

Liverpool could easily Lose 2 or lose 1 and draw 1.

They now have injuries a big suspension. Have had a couple of exhausting games. Using very much the same players.

I think at this stage. Liverpool's poor squad and no rotation and mental and physical fatigue could show them up.

The only positive going is no champions League. But not sure this overcomes squad and other issues.

You know how bad Liverpool's squad is when Moses had to come on.

You know how bad Liverpool's squad is when Moses had to come on.

The parting of the Red Sea?

It's Liverpools to lose Fix, no excuses this time please.
    Liverpool have went the season more or less injury free. Sturridge for a bit, Suarez did fairly well up front.

If they don't win it'll be a disaster... A massive disaster, of biblical proportions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

The parting of the Red Sea?

It's Liverpools to lose Fix, no excuses this time please.
    Liverpool have went the season more or less injury free. Sturridge for a bit, Suarez did fairly well up front.

If they don't win it'll be a disaster... A massive disaster, of biblical proportions :)

Dropping from 1st to out of the champions league places is a disaster. Coming from nowhere to have a proper tilt at the title and coming up short ?...that'll be a great pity...especially for Gerrard but regardless we've had a great season. YNWA

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Dropping from 1st to out of the champions league places is a disaster. Coming from nowhere to have a proper tilt at the title and coming up short ?...that'll be a great pity...especially for Gerrard but regardless we've had a great season. YNWA

Ah ya, I do forget the different standards we have sometimes.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Ah ya, I do forget the different standards we have sometimes.

;)

Used to have you mean. Now your manager is "aspiring to be like" the noisy neighbours and "enjoying being in" the champions league ;)

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Used to have you mean. Now your manager is "aspiring to be like" the noisy neighbours and "enjoying being in" the champions league ;)

Ah, it's bad alright, a disaster by our high standards, to finish in 7th or possibly 6th isn't good enough for our club... some clubs get used to that and think the occasional trip into the top four is an achievement.

To continue the biblical reference, we've had a feast for decades, now we're missing a dinner or too, we'll be back before it's a famine... I am sure of that, you can see what a famine can do to supporters of a once big club, it aint pretty.

Now, no more football posts from me until ye blow it.

(All in jest-ish)

Now, no more football posts from me

good idea no more football.

So if it's a boy are you going to name him Luis, Daniel or Steven.... maybe Gerrard?

But then again, knowing you alligence you are probably going to name him David :D

• Advertisement

stevieob wrote: »
    good idea no more football.

So if it's a boy are you going to name him Luis, Daniel or Steven.... maybe Gerrard?

But then again, knowing you alligence you are probably going to name him David :D

Oh I wouldn't call it Luis or Gerrard (or a scouser name like Wayne either) anyway.
    Wouldn't want a son that hands in a transfer request after a falling out (Wayne) or because he thinks there's a better daddy out there that will give him more threats (trophies... Steven and Luis)

Advertisement