Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4; Episode 2: 'The Lion and the Rose'; *Have NOT* Read the Books

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭thefa

Cersei lives for her children. Not a hope she poisoned Joffrey.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

80s Child wrote: »
    I just watched the last 20min again, Jesus, it's difficult. Margery looks guilty, but so does Stansa. I thought Entourage couldn't be topped, well, the first 5 series, but GoT is truly epic! It's just this week of a wait that's the problem!!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Quick question regarding Stannis. If he's into burning his own people who go against the Lord of Light or whatever, how is Davos still alive? I mean, he seems to be directly contradicting this witch woman all the time. I would have thought he would have been done away with at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Quick question regarding Stannis. If he's into burning his own people who go against the Lord of Light or whatever, how is Davos still alive? I mean, he seems to be directly contradicting this witch woman all the time. I would have thought he would have been done away with at this stage.

In the last episode the Red Woman said he still has a part to play, so Stannis cancelled his execution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

nibtrix wrote: »
    In the last episode the Red Woman said he still has a part to play, so Stannis cancelled his execution

Was that in the last episode of the 3rd season or the one just passed? I'm finding I can hardly remember anything from the last season. Such a long gap between seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Wouldn't it of made more sense to try and poison Tywin? sure joffrey is a **** but everybody knows hes no threat, he's basically a pawn.

There was no real value in killing him, well apart from the pleasure that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Are you seriously claiming Entourage is even in the same league as GoT?

I watched all of Entourage and enjoyed it, but it really is just Sex in the City for lads...

It's my opinion dude, you don't need to agree with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Wouldn't it of made more sense to poison try and poison Tywin? sure joffrey is a **** but everybody knows hes no threat, he's basically a pawn.

He was the king. Other than Martell there was no (outspoken) enemy of the Lannisters present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I thought sex in the city was for lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

Wouldn't it of made more sense to poison try and poison Tywin? sure joffrey is a **** but everybody knows hes no threat, he's basically a pawn.

Kind of along the same lines as I was thinking because I think the container of wine was taken from directly in front of Tywin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Was that in the last episode of the 3rd season or the one just passed? I'm finding I can hardly remember anything from the last season. Such a long gap between seasons.

Had to go back and check - it was the last episode of season 3! I re-watched season 3 in preparation so it was fresh in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I have a feeling it was Margaery or she was a part of it at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

THFC wrote: »
    He was the king. Other than Martell there was no (outspoken) enemy of the Lannisters present.

Everybody knew the Lannisters were the real powerhouse and threat, his position as king meant next to nothing.

Surely Martell would of preferred to kill Tywin, he was the one who ordered the death of his sister if I recall correctly and it would of had a far greater impact. This wont hurt Tywin, he'll get over this very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Excellent episode , Im quessing it was Cersei when she went against the new queens orders and told to give the scraps to the dogs instead of the poor people She knows how much of a monster he is and it would put her back on the throne and she wouldn't have to marry yer man ... oh who knows

Anyway I'm going to miss Joffery I loved to hate him

And she also sent Pycelle away so he would not be able to rescue the King with some potion, er maybe!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Someone on Reddit has figured it out it seems

http://imgur.com/a/2DtPH

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It was only going to end one way for joeffrey. Yeah he was a pawn to a certain extent but as time went on he became more and more unpredictable and paid much less heed to what his grandfather and mother were telling him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

catallus wrote: »
    It was stansa, she poisoned the cup when she got it from under the table. I'm guessing.

This has been mentioned twice already...I'm not going mad am I? But it definitely is Sansa Stark right?, where is stansa coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Despite hearing "I was loike totally surprised when they loike killed goffrey" on the bus on the way home was still surprised at him being poisoned as opposed to a duelling accident or someone directly killing him.

The new king brother will not let Tyrion be killed for this (tywin will talk him out of whatever the mother tries and tell him).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Stansa Sansa potato potota, the real question is who's going to end up banging the newly widowed hot-chick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Everybody knew the Lannisters were the real powerhouse and threat, his position as king meant next to nothing.

Surely Martell would of preferred to kill Tywin, he was the one who ordered the death of his sister if I recall correctly and it would of had a far greater impact. This wont hurt Tywin, he'll get over this very quickly.

Ya, fair point, but the position of king does hold significance regardless of who it is. Of course Tywin is the powerhouse on the council but whoever holds the Iron Throne still has the ultimate power. Tywin won't ever become king unless all of his grandchildren and Cersei die before him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Who has the power now that Joffrey's gone?

Joffery's brother or Margery?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Who has the power now that Joffrey's gone?

Joffery's brother or Margery?

Tommen is king, but is not in charge till he comes of age. Cersei is the official ruler as Queen Regent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Surely Tywin would name himself Regent as hand of the king rather than let Cersei rule ?

If it is the case Margaery is now out in the cold then her mother cant have poisoned Joffrey, it just defeats the purpose of agreeing to the marriage in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,590 ✭✭✭✭klose

Its certainly not tyrion who poisoned joffery imo, any of sansa/the tyrells or the fool would be my suspicions.

Great episode all in all, i actually look forward to mondays because of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They were officially married so now Margery is queen regeant. Why would it be Cersei?? She was queen when Robert was killed so logically its now Margery.

Joffrey's younger brother is heir to the throne now, with Margery queen regeant until he comes of age. Cersei doesn't come into it at all.

Not sure how it works if Margery was to remarry in the meantime though, its all going to get very messy imo and id say there'll be a few more deaths before its settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,524 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I got a LOL out of this. Showed up on facebook between two friends and had to screenie it:

303264.png

Last link is this btw

• Registered Users Posts: 14,564 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Margaery is the queen dowager.

Cersei is the regent because the king is her son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Blay wrote: »
    Margaery is the queen dowager.

Cersei is the regent because the king is her son.

Regent is just the title of someone who's actually ruling. If Cersei is now Queen Regent it means the marriage doesn't stand and Margery isn't a Queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,564 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Regent is just the title of someone who's actually ruling. If Cersei is now Queen Regent it means the marriage doesn't stand and Margery isn't a Queen.

The regent rules for a minor, it's an appointed position, anyone could be the regent. In this case, Tommen is her son therefore she will be the regent.

Margaery is the queen dowager...just as the Queen Mother was in the UK until she died a few years ago while Queen Elizabeth was the actual queen.
    If Joffrey had lived, Cersei would be the dowager and Margaery the actual queen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Brilliant episode.

That few seconds where the fool tells Sansa they have to leave is telling I think. I reckon it's the cake more so the wine.

Advertisement