Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

relaxed wrote: »
    Ryanair would be able to pack 'em in.

...while charging them a fee for printing out the tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Did anyone spot this yet? There have been Flight 370's flying since the disappearance, why cancel it now?

That number was retired march 14 (today) as a mark of respect. The number was changed to MH318

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

sully2010 wrote: »
    Of course I have no evidence, nobody does but everyone has an opinion and yes I am beginning to suspect one or possibly both of the pilots may have had something to do with it because:

If it was a mid air explosion/decompression wreckage would have been found in areas they have searched already on or near their flightpath.

If they turned back towards KL with an emergency and crashed on the way wreckage would have been found.

If it was terrorism there would have been demands by now for whatever it was they were after.

I'm not going to speculate what the pilots may have done but there has been several incidents in the past on commercial airliners with suicides and mental breakdowns of pilots so I wouldn't exactly call what has already happened in the past some kind of conspiracy.

When you have no evidence you have a theory.

When your theory is based on a powerful person having a secret plan (in this case the pilot being the powerful person plotting a secret plan because he has a simulator) you get a conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭El_robbo1980

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

When you have no evidence you have a theory.

When your theory is based on a powerful person having a secret plan (in this case the pilot being the powerful person plotting a secret plan because he has a simulator) you get a conspiracy theory.

I never once alluded to that, get your facts straight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Channel 5 are going live with this at 9 pm tonight for an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

So whats the score with picking up a signal (or signals) from the plane, providing its crashed into the sea?

Question; Is it strange that the black box signal cannot be heard at this stage, or does the vast amount of ocean mean that looking for electronic signals may mean getting very close to the crash site before the black box signal is received?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

does anyone know what will happen with MA now they don't have a plane?

Like they must have insurance when a plane crashes so what would be the procedure when one goes missing while full?

Not being disrespectful the people on board im just curious as to what process is in place(if any) for when a plane disappears,do they get paid for insurance,do they pay the peoples relatives on board compensation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Good article on The Atlantic explaining the data transmission & satellite systems.

http://bit.ly/1o2zDEG

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭jescart

Very good documentary on sky one at the moment just summarizing all the facts known so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

The Airbus A320 that landed in the Hudson was a narrow body jet, a wide body jet would be a disaster if it hit water.

I believe airspeed was a factor there too. Traveling at a little under 250 km/h when it ditched.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Ryanair would be able to pack 'em in.

Joking about passengers missing and presumed dead, nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

If anything is to come from this awful incident is that a black box and cockpit recorder are not enough.

Data from commercial aircraft needs to be sent to a central base at all times.

These systems are already available for commercial vehicles and I'm fully aware that these are on land but surely some satellites etc could be launched to give this ability to airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

sully2010 wrote: »
    Joking about passengers missing and presumed dead, nice.

Ah it wasn't really, in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭theKillerBite

I suspect we will never get an answer to this 'crash'. Just like SilkAir 185, the person in control of the aircraft will have the sense to turn off the cockpit voice recorder and flight data recorder, just like they turned off the transponder.

article-malaysia-map-0314.jpg
    The official, speaking on condition of anonymity to the Associated Press, said the fact that the plane's transponder stopped about a dozen minutes before a messaging system quit pointed to "human intervention."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-divert-andaman-islands-article-1.1721523#ixzz2vyKJLMS0

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Story on Sky News saying that there were signals received from the aircraft up to 5 hours after it went off radar screens. Indicating that it was still flying 5 hours after it's vanished from ATC. An aircraft can cross the Atlantic in 5 hours so where is it? The search area has now expanded into the Indian Ocean as a result of these new facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Can someone post a map with the max distance the plane could have traveled, can't find the one posted before, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Can someone post a map with the max distance the plane could have traveled, can't find the one posted before, cheers :)

There is one in the thread already, way, way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Story on Sky News saying that there were signals received from the aircraft up to 5 hours after it went off radar screens. Indicating that it was still flying 5 hours after it's vanished from ATC. An aircraft can cross the Atlantic in 5 hours so where is it? The search area has now expanded into the Indian Ocean as a result of these new facts.

Are these actually facts now or just unconfirmed leaks from unnamed sources?

Not having a go at your post btw just interested if there has been anything actually confirmed.

There is one in the thread already, way, way back.

Yeah, I know, hence the "can't find the one posted before"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Panda_Turtle

mike65 wrote: »
    Channel 5 are going live with this at 10 pm tonight for an hour.

At nine this is? Repeated at ten on channel five +1 (I'm using the 'other channels' part of sky)

MalaysiaRange_graphic.jpg[IMG][/img]

Many thanks :)

Christ, I didn't realise how far it could actually go!! I know they are looking close to the last know position but in reality, it could be anywhere!! I know that that's stating the obvious but it has only just dawned on me now, the vast area that may need to be covered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

These pings that the satellite systems detected, do we know for sure that they give location data? I'm just trying to figure out why they're still searching a 5 hour flight range, if there was a ping given off with location data, 6 hours into the flight if ye understand what I'm asking? Since it probably had no fuel left at that point, wouldn't that confine the search area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Live program about this on UK's Channel5 now, by the way.

Reoil wrote: »
    Live program about this on UK's Channel5 now, by the way.

Is that channel available on Sky basic package?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭geneva geneva4444

Well Channel 5 predictably have bottled it. Presenter is choking like a pig!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Panda_Turtle

sopretty wrote: »
    Is that channel available on Sky basic package?

Take your viewing card out. Its near where rte would usually be. Otherwise you can add it via"other channels"..Google it! Am on tablet

• Advertisement

Take your viewing card out. Its near where rte would usually be. Otherwise you can add it via"other channels"..Google it! Am on tablet

The programme would be the over by the time I'd have managed to google and install lol. Thanks though.

Advertisement