Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games off due to cup games and DGW's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Of the games left:

Arsenal v Swansea
    Newcastle v Everton
    West Ham v Hull City

Everton play Swansea at lunchtime today.
    Arsenal play Liverpool.

The two top ties depend on who win those games.

West Ham Hull going ahead is reliant on Hull losing to Brighton then tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I currently have 7 players with 4 transfers to make ahead of gw 29.

I currently have 7 players with 4 transfers to make ahead of gw 29.

I have 8 guaranteed and 3 transfers.

Can't see myself transferring out any of Adrian, Mannone, Suarez, Sturridge and Coleman just for a week. That leaves me with Mert and Yaya to go and I'll probably field ten without a keeper.

Will be playing 0-4-5-1 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    I have 8 guaranteed and 3 transfers.

Can't see myself transferring out any of Adrian, Mannone, Suarez, Sturridge and Coleman just for a week. That leaves me with Mert and Yaya to go and I'll probably field ten without a keeper.

Will be playing 0-4-5-1 as well.

Ill transfer out sturridge or silva and get them back before the double. Will definetly keep bardsley and suarez. I'll be going boruc to manonne or hart from gw 31. If I can get one more playing after today giving me 8 and 4 transfers. Id plan to still have 2 FT's after GW29.

Ill transfer out sturridge or silva and get them back before the double. Will definetly keep bardsley and suarez. I'll be going boruc to manonne or hart from gw 31. If I can get one more playing after today giving me 8 and 4 transfers. Id plan to still have 2 FT's after GW29.

It would be ideal if Swansea beat Everton to free up Coleman.

My expectation though is an Everton win so at least if Liverpool won later it would free up Mert. That'd leave me with nine and just Yaya to transfer out and would save a transfer for DGW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'm set up pretty well for GW29:

Speroni - SOU H
    Gabbidon - SOU H
    Azpilicueta - TOT H
    Evans - WBA A
    Olsson - STO H
    B.Johnson STO H
    Mata - WBA A
    Hazard - TOT H
    Lallana - PAL A
    Adebayor CHE A

I have Sturridge, Suarez and Yaya definitely ruled out, with Adrian and Sagna to be decided. Granted, Gabbidon is seemingly dropped at Palace and Bradley Johnson is a likely 2-pointer but I still should be able to field XI without too much bother.

I only brought in Yaya 2 weeks ago so it's no issue to transfer him out. Have a FT carried over from last GW so I'll be looking to carry that towards the DGW(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

My team is bolloxed. The aim is to have 9 players fielded. Realistically, looking at 8. That's probably the best I can do without negatively affecting future weeks or taking silly hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Currently have 8 confirmed for GW29 and 90% likely to give up on my Benteke mistake (even though I think he could do well away to Newcastle) and get Ade in giving me at least 9 with 2 FTs. Sounds good. If Arsenal go out I'll have 10, if Everton go out 11.

However as the fixtures unfold and I start to understand this part of the season I see the corollary of this is that I don't have the players with the DGWs and need to be poised to stock up on them in time. With the first of these only 2 weeks after GW29 would you lads think i would be better banking a transfer next week rather than getting in a Gw29 player to ensure 11 players?

My plan would be to use RVP to finance getting Sturridge/Gerrard for Liverpool DGW and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

So far I'm looking at fielding 6!

Marshall - FUL H

Ward - SOU H
    Mata - WBA A
    Hazard - TOT H
    Lallana - PAL A
    Adebayor CHE A

Might end up paying for my success of recent weeks if both today's results don't go my way. REALLY need Everton and Liverpool wins to free up Mert and Sagna. Their next 3 fixtures are Sunderland (H), Stoke (A) and best of all in the decimated GW29, Swansea (H). If I lose them today it really throws a spanner in the works. If my luck does continue and I can hold on to them, I'm actually in a decent position. Would have 8 going into GW29, with two FT's currently in the bank and 1 more to come before GW29. Reckon I'd probably swap Colback out for Noone this week, or anyone that's £4.2/£4.3 and guaranteed to play GW29. I know Colback has some DGW's coming up but he's likely to only pick up 2 points a game so I wouldn't be playing him ahead of any of my front 7 anyway. Also don't want to touch my team this week, looks really strong! How many times have I said that going into a gameweek...

The following week would use my 2 FT's to get rid of Yaya and Zab, meaning I could field 11 with Suarez, Sturridge and Coleman on the bench. Need to bring in a Chelsea defender for the rest of the season although won't be doubling up like some. Yaya's spot will be a temporary replacement though as I'll likely bring him or Silva back ahead of their DGW's. So would be looking for someone to fill this spot mainly for GW28+29. Nolan looks a good pick, and might even gamble on Ozil, although Arsenal face Bayern 3 days after GW29 so he could be rested. All the above goes out the window anyway if Arsenal piss on my parade today!

Delph doesn't play GW29.

Noone does of tthe decent cheapies.

Gabbidon seems to be dropped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Cheers. No idea how I missed that. Noone is a possibility I guess, as is Jedinak from Palace. Wouldn't expect more than 2 or 3 points from them so I'll probably go for whoever is guaranteed 90 mins. Tiote might even be a pick if he's back by then. Will reassess after today's .

Also, have Ward, not Gabbidon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I currently have:
    Ward, Azpi, Chambers, Mata, Hazard, Lallana, Adebayor.

I don't really think I'm gonna make too many changes. Yaya and Suarez (or Studge, maybe?) would just be bought back in if I sold them. I'm not too pushed about playing keeperless, though I do hope I can hold onto Adrian as Mannone is definitely out. Beyond that, the only two I'd ship out are Sterling and Dzeko. Which would bring me up to nine--hopefully ten depending on how the rest of the matches go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

with everton 3-1 up with 15 minutes to go it looks like everton v newcastle will be off too.
    doesn't really bother me that one as i only have coleman from everton and no newcastle players.

if arsenal go through i'll lose out on sagna and giroud but it'll make my decision of whether to swap out giroud for ade an easy one.

if arsenal and hull both win i'll only have 5 players :eek: won't be taking any hits though as there's no point in taking a hit to remove a player that will then have a dgw.

edit: and one of those 5 players is scot parker who hasn't started the last couple of games, might get rid of him for bentaleb.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The full list:

West Brom v Man Utd
    Arsenal v Swansea
    Cardiff City v Fulham
    Crystal Palace v Southampton
    Man City v Aston Villa
    Norwich v Stoke City
    West Ham v Hull City
    Chelsea v Tottenham
    Newcastle v Everton
    Liverpool v Sunderland

Definitely going ahead:

West Brom v Man Utd
    Cardiff City v Fulham
    Norwich v Stoke City
    Chelsea v Tottenham

Definitely not going ahead:

Man City v Aston Villa
    Liverpool v Sunderland

To be decided today and tomorrow:

Arsenal v Swansea
    Newcastle v Everton
    West Ham v Hull City

When would the FPL site be updated to show this? Tomorrow or Tuedsay?

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    When would the FPL site be updated to show this? Tomorrow or Tuedsay?

Tomorrow I'd say.

Updated after today.

The full list:

West Brom v Man Utd
    Arsenal v Swansea
    Cardiff City v Fulham
    Man City v Aston Villa
    Norwich v Stoke City
    West Ham v Hull City
    Chelsea v Tottenham
    Newcastle v Everton
    Liverpool v Sunderland

Definitely going ahead:

West Brom v Man Utd
    Cardiff City v Fulham
    Norwich v Stoke City
    Chelsea v Tottenham

Definitely not going ahead:

Man City v Aston Villa
    Liverpool v Sunderland
    Arsenal v Swansea
    Newcastle v Everton

To be decided tomorrow:

West Ham v Hull City

Hull City play Brighton so you'd have to expect them to win and for the game to be off.

That's more like it!!

Definitely hurting the two lads ahead of me in my league more than me.

Think I know what I'm gonna do now transfer wise.

That's more like it!!

Definitely hurting the two lads ahead of me in my league more than me.

Think I know what I'm gonna do now transfer wise.

Looking at those teams that are through:

West Brom v Man Utd
    Cardiff City v Fulham
    Norwich v Stoke City
    Chelsea v Tottenham

As I have Mata, Hazard and Lallana, I can't even think of a mid from those teams that I'd want to replace Yaya with. Will see how Tom Ince goes for Palace next GW.

It'd be a throw up between him and Adam at the minute,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

To be decided tomorrow:

West Ham v Hull City

Hull City play Brighton so you'd have to expect them to win and for the game to be off.

I'm hoping Brighton can spring an upset, not totally unlikely either. 7th in the Championship and unbeaten at home since October, winning all but 2 of those. McGregor owes me something after getting a red the day I bring him in. Mannone already out for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

West Brom v Man Utd
    Cardiff City v Fulham
    Norwich v Stoke City
    Chelsea v Tottenham

As I have Mata, Hazard and Lallana, I can't even think of a mid from those teams that I'd want to replace Yaya with. Will see how Tom Ince goes for Palace next GW.

Any chance of any of these going ahead midweek?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,665 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I have only 6 players, possible 7 if hull game goes ahead :(

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Any chance of any of these going ahead midweek?

Don't know tbh. My plan is not to make a transfer until next GW (bank this week's) so I'm in no rush.

West Brom v Man Utd
    Cardiff City v Fulham
    Norwich v Stoke City
    Chelsea v Tottenham

Have the same three mids so pondering same qquestion for my Silva replacement. Two good ideas there all right.

Zaha may be another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Currently have just 4 players for GW29, all three of my subs either injured or haven't been starting lately. I think I'm just going to take the pain for one week instead of getting too caught up in transfers and losing a huge chunk of team value by shuffling good players out and back in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Will be missing Szczesny, Mert, Demal(maybe), Yaya, Suarez, Sturridge & Mannone.

Leaves me with,

No keeper
    Gabbidon, Cahill, McNaughton
    Mata, Eriksen, Hazard, Noone
    Ade

If I make some smart transfer the next few weeks it could turn out ok.

HighClass wrote: »
    Will be missing Szczesny, Mert, Demal(maybe), Yaya, Suarez, Sturridge & Mannone.

Leaves me with,

No keeper
    Gabbidon, Cahill, McNaughton
    Mata, Eriksen, Hazard, Noone
    Ade

If I make some smart transfer the next few weeks it could turn out ok.

I hate to break it to ya but Gabbidon appears to have lost his place to Scott Dann. Dann was signed in the transfer window.

Eriksen only played 57 minutes against Everton and then didn't start against Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I hate to break it to ya but Gabbidon appears to have lost his place to Scott Dann. Dann was signed in the transfer window.

Eriksen only played 57 minutes against Everton and then didn't start against Newcastle.
    I am also hoping against hope that gabbidon and Scott Parker regain their places :-( Parker may well under new manager but gabbidon.....time to get the vodoo doll out . I am defo banking this weeks transfer. See how things play out over next 12 days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Hopefully the West Ham game gets postponed. I have Adrian, but my other keeper Speroni has a game in GW29 so ideally Adrian misses that GW and has a DGW afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Hopefully the West Ham game gets postponed. I have Adrian, but my other keeper Speroni has a game in GW29 so ideally Adrian misses that GW and has a DGW afterwards.

I really really need Brighton to win !

Advertisement