Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The SPIN Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

Do Spin not buy in a package? And 98fm do all of their imaging? .They must be looking abroad for a package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Chris 80 wrote: »
    Do Spin not buy in a package? And 98fm do all of their imaging? .They must be looking abroad for a package.

This was answered by Lisa Dignam herself on here before, no it's all done in house now they just buy in the ramps and sung imaging from Reelworld. Judging by their sound i'd say they use Production Vault CHR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

koconnell wrote: »
    Looks like Spin SW has had a reshuffle of presenters...

Seems that Alan is gone off Spin Talk, replaced by Nessa Harney.

Antoinette from the Zoo Crew has replaced Nessa on TRL.

Sheena Faughnan (never heard of her 'til now) has benefited the most from the change though, going from being on Saturday brekkie to replacing Antoinette on the Zoo Crew.

I also remember there being someone called Orla on the weekend schedule... By the looks of things, she's also gone.

New schedule is here

I find with Spin 103.8 they seem to have someone covering a show each day, never seems to be the original presenter for each show throughout the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

This was answered by Lisa Dignam herself on here before, no it's all done in house now they just buy in the ramps and sung imaging from Reelworld. Judging by their sound i'd say they use Production Vault CHR.

So the original package is done abroad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Chris 80 wrote: »
    So the original package is done abroad?

Just their sung imaging and ramps. All the day-to-day imaging is in house as far as I know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 koconnell

Sarina did We Love Movies today.

Must say she's very bubbly and sounds good on air... That, or I've fallen for her accent... Which is also awesome. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Someone was having a nap earlier on Spin1038, or maybe didn't call in sick when they should have ;).

The "Story" @ 12:45 (between Ava Stack & We Love Movies) was just 4 minutes of backing track (ramp?) & a couple of ads interspersing what should have been the Sports & Showbiz sections - but with no newsreader in sight... :confused:

Karen was present & correct for the 13:45 edition however. The perils of playing prerecoded shows with no-one else around to mind the shop I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭car.kar

The Spin news is broadcast from a different building. Newsreaders just start reading at a quarter to the hour and hope that the DJ back in Spin turns on the mic. Evidently no one did!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Spin South west seem to have gotten rid of SPIN talk and SPIN Hits with Nikki Hayes...

Being replaced with SPIN Now with Nessa Harney
    SPIN Now is a Brand New Show!! 10 SPIN Hits in a Row, the SPINIs and the Chats with Nessa Harney.

SPIN Now The Most Music and a little bit of Talk, Mondays to Fridays 10:45am – 2:45pm

258376.jpg

Fully Charged now on 6:45-10:45
    Spin Now 10:45-14:45
    Usual Schedule after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

SPIN 1038 looking for new production manager as their current, Lisa Dignam moves to2FM. Hopefully they'll allow her free reign to sort out that stations imaging too. Her work sounds brilliant.

Spoke to her recently about this... she's not specifically gone to 2FM. Her new "Creative Audio Production Coordinator" job encompasses all of RTÉ Radio.

http://radionation.ie/2013/06/spin-1038-production-manager-moves-to-rte/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

*********BIG NEWS********

Well, sorta.......

Steven Cooper is on his way to SPIN and he's bringing his club collection from 98fm with him.

gavindowd wrote: »

Well, sorta.......

Steven Cooper is on his way to SPIN and he's bringing his club collection from 98fm with him.

I wonder will it be on both 1038 and SOuth West

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Well, sorta.......

Any idea what time slot? He's been in and out of there for the last while covering and on weekends? Any idea what is going to replace his club collection on 98?

soc160 wrote: »
    Any idea what time slot? He's been in and out of there for the last while covering and on weekends? Any idea what is going to replace his club collection on 98?

It could be another Syndicated Ryan Seacrest show or you never know maybe JP might get the slot like he had on Today FM, or would they just have an overnight playlist going?

soc160 wrote: »

On 98fm, I'd say that they will have an extended 'Corona Hot Mix with The Man Ezeke'

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

BOzu3_wCIAAtyET.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

marno21 wrote: »
    BOzu3_wCIAAtyET.jpg:large

Saturdays at midnight? That's a brutal time to have it on. Guess I'll never hear it again so.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

First thing I thought when I saw the new time.

Having it on at 9 is great for listening before you go out. Not sure whos still listening to the radio at 12 befoer going out

marno21 wrote: »
    First thing I thought when I saw the new time.

Having it on at 9 is great for listening before you go out. Not sure whos still listening to the radio at 12 befoer going out

Exactly everyone is usually out and hammered by that stage, surely it would make more sense to have it on 9-midnight and then put on spin party through the night. Only people this will suit is the taxi men!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

CCC is a great addition to the schedule but what were they thinking putting it on at midnight? I'm sure Cooper isn't too pleased at it getting a graveyard slot but I hope the podcasts continue- it is the perfect thing to listen to at the gym.
    I listened to a bit of it last night in bed and the music really is excellent. It should be on when people are getting ready to go out. They could have put it on at 8:45 on Fridays, had Indie Disco from 10:45 and then Pete from 12:45 with First Play moving to Sunday mornings at 11:45 and We Love Movies and Irish Alternative being pushed back to 10:45 and 9:45 respectively. Hopefully it doesn't stay in its current slot for too long.

Shona Ryan seems to have left her Saturday afternoon SPIN Hits show having become PD. She hasn't done the show in nearly 2 months. I just wish they'd decide who is taking over the slot. They've had Nick, Martin, Paul, Steve K and Ryan & Tracy doing that slot over the last 6/7 weeks.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how extensive SPIN's Oxegen coverage is. They're really pushing the "No.1 Oxegen Station" billing so hopefully they live up to it by broadcasting most of the live performances and not just those of Guetta, Calvin Harris and the "big" names whose songs have been overplayed to death. I can't remember if they had all of their presenters down at Punchestown in 2011 but I trust they'll do it properly and fully immerse the listeners in the festival.

• Advertisement

On 98fm, I'd say that they will have an extended 'Corona Hot Mix with The Man Ezeke'

As per their website The Man Ezeke is on from 6 pm to Midnight.

Becky's off for a few weeks so Nick is in for her on TRL all week. Paul did Tuesday-Thursday last week.

Eh, Nick just ended the show 15 mins early?! Ok.

Anyone know where/ why Jonathan McCrea and Clare Mckenna are gone ? They're no longer presenters of The SPIN. It's Gordon Hayden off of movies and Lauren Kelly now.

smurfs5 wrote: »
    Anyone know where/ why Jonathan McCrea and Clare Mckenna are gone ? They're no longer presenters of The SPIN. It's Gordon Hayden off of movies and Lauren Kelly now.

He went off opening his own business and I think, and I stress think she may be on maternity leave. Was watching on SPIN tv one day and she looks pregnant and that was a few months ago

He went off opening his own business and I think, and I stress think she may be on maternity leave. Was watching on SPIN tv one day and she looks pregnant and that was a few months ago

Yeah seen her on Ireland am a few weeks back with a big bump.

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Yeah seen her on Ireland am a few weeks back with a big bump.

Phew I didn't offend anyone then by presuming :)

Anyone have figures for SPIN and Ryan & Tracy and any other shows?

So it appears that Nikki Hayes no longer presents SPIN mid-mornings/or on the station as a whole for that matter.

When did she leave?

Anyways, she's been replaced by Treasanne O'Reilly formerly of Beat 102-103.

EDIT: Looked on wikipedia and it appears that she's on maternity leave at the mo!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭jimmy2flutes

Maybe check facts before posting silly stories!

Advertisement