Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

And while we're at it:

No cuts this year and increase the roster to 35.

----

2 IR spots.

----

No trade deadline.

----

Have the Draft before pre-season starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,556 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Masked Man wrote: »
    And while we're at it:

No cuts this year and increase the roster to 35.

----

2 IR spots.

----

No trade deadline.

----

Have the Draft before pre-season starts.
    I think 1 IR spot is enough.

I am against 'no trade deadline'.

Roster is big enough imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

First three suggestions:

1. No
    2. I don't understand this, sorry.
    3. No

Masked Man's suggestions:

1. No

2. No. 1 IR spot is enough.

3. No.

4. Undecided.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Guffy

First three suggestion

1. No
    2. Yes
    3. No

Masked Man's suggestions:

1. Increase squad size by 1

2. Add 1 spot anyway. We should have one IR spot

3. No.

4. Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

I would be for the two waiver changes, seems like an improvement on what we have at the moment. As for the bids I wouldn't mind changing it but I think what we have works well. Personally I didn't need to spend much this season but others have said they used their full budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. No

No to all 4 Masked Man proposals

1. I want in season waivers to run twice a week (Thursday morning & Sunday morning). I think this will create a little more competition for free agents by giving us a bigger window to submit bids.

Reading this again now and thinking that I missed something. At the moment waivers already run once on Thursday morning and then again Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning, right? Does restricting it to Thursday and Sunday not actually give us less chance to pick up players from waivers? I know what you're saying about wanting to create competition but is the problem not more to do with not that many people actively using waivers to pick players up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Tristram wrote: »
    Reading this again now and thinking that I missed something. At the moment waivers already run once on Thursday morning and then again Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning, right? Does restricting it to Thursday and Sunday not actually give us less chance to pick up players from waivers? I know what you're saying about wanting to create competition but is the problem not more to do with not that many people actively using waivers to pick players up?

Waivers run 6 days a week, from Wednesday to Monday. Restricting it to 2 days a week does give us less chance to pick up players but it means we have to work harder to get the players you want in that you may have to bid higher amounts. The problem is not lack of use of waivers, waivers in dynasty leagues should be used less than redraft leagues.

The problem is that there is little thinking involved in using the waivers, i may have actually bid on 2 or 3 players, the rest were $0 bids. I put bids on players i really wanted, the $0 bids were on players that if i didnt get i'd just get someone else the next day. That means its too easy to get players. If there was less waiver runs during the week then i may have put in higher bids than $0 to make sure i got someone. All i'm trying to do is create a little more thinking to get a player you want.

For those who dont understand the off season waiver rule change, exactly the same as the in season rule change but only one waiver run a week instead of the current 6 waiver runs that will continue to be in place after the season ends

Congrats to Barbarians for winning the Boards Bowl, overturning an 18 point deficit to win

With the championship decided the draft order is now as follows

Rd 1
    1.D3PO
    2.Masked Man
    3.Padraig F
    4.Masked Man (from BigBadRob83)
    5.UnitedIrishman
    6.Gufc21
    7.Eagle Eye
    8.Taidghbaby
    9.Masked Man (from Tristram)
    10.Spongey1975
    11.UCD_AFC
    12.Barbarians

Rd 2
    1.D3PO
    2.Masked Man
    3.Padraig F
    4.BigBadRob83
    5.UnitedIrishman
    6.Tristram (from Gufc21 via MaskedMan)
    7.Eagle Eye
    8.Taidghbaby
    9.Masked Man (from Tristram)
    10.Spongey1975
    11.UCD_AFC
    12.Barbarians

Rd 3
    1.D3PO
    2.Masked Man
    3.Padraig F
    4.BigBadRob83
    5.UnitedIrishman
    6.Gufc21
    7.Eagle Eye
    8.Taidghbaby
    9.Gufc21 (from Tristram)
    10.Spongey1975
    11.UCD_AFC
    12.Barbarians

Rd 4 & 5
    1.D3PO
    2.Masked Man
    3.Padraig F
    4.BigBadRob83
    5.UnitedIrishman
    6.Gufc21
    7.Eagle Eye
    8.Taidghbaby
    9.Tristram
    10.Spongey1975
    11.UCD_AFC
    12.Barbarians

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

hey guys, I'm going to bow out of the league next year, didn't really get into it, so if someone else wants to take my place, they can have it.

I'll maintain the team until someone else takes over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Congrats Barbarians, enjoyed my run this season! Happy 2014 to everyone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Is there any way to put players back on waivers? Every available player is a FA atm.

Masked Man wrote: »
    Is there any way to put players back on waivers? Every available player is a FA atm.

The settings are still the same so only thing i can think of is that the season is over and thats the way the default settings operate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

guys how do you trade draft picks if your so inclined to make an offer for somebody elses guys ?

P.S Nice to see I won my first matchup having taken over the 1-12 cutlering the mustard :) Andy Reid eat your heart out :D

Just make an offer on boards

D3PO wrote: »
    guys how do you trade draft picks if your so inclined to make an offer for somebody elses guys ?

P.S Nice to see I won my first matchup having taken over the 1-12 cutlering the mustard :) Andy Reid eat your heart out :D

Unfortunately the league site doesn't facilitate the trading of draft picks so if you have an agreement with someone for a trade involving draft picks then post the trade here and I will update the draft board accordingly

Might see an appearance from Percy Harvin this weekend. Here's hoping he makes it through unscathed.

With the offseason polls underway, would suggest one more:

Should we get rid of divisions?

With the offseason polls underway, would suggest one more:

Should we get rid of divisions?

. No. Id suggest 3 div and 1 wild card

Are we allowed pickup guys at the moment?

Not doing it myself, but saw some pickups over last few days when went to do the poll. Couldn't remember what we'd agreed.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure it's not allowed. Spongey can clarify for sure. I know I mistakenly did pick up some guys last year. I just dropped them back for the FA auction.

Are we allowed pickup guys at the moment?

Not doing it myself, but saw some pickups over last few days when went to do the poll. Couldn't remember what we'd agreed.

The intention is to close pickups from when next years league site gets activated until end of the rookie draft (FA pool is at its best then as we all have to drop players)

As for between now and when the 2013 league site closes (which I don't know when it is) I was hoping to keep waivers open and run them once a week. However the league site will not allow me to turn them off or change them. Its practically a free for all, if you want someone then you will get him straight away

Thanks for keeping an eye on this Spongey.
    Yeah we had all agreed to keep FA pickups until after the rookie draft, then back to FAAB
    Boards Dynasty League
    Rules

4. Waivers
    (a) The league operates a Free Agent Auction system where teams put in blind bids for available free agents and the team with the highest bid will win that player. Any tied bids are decided in favour of the team with the worst record. Waivers will run every morning with the exception of tuesday.
    (b) Each team has a free agent auction budget of $100 for the season. Once that is gone teams will only be able to bid $0 for players.
    (c) Waivers will be closed from the time ESPN allow reactivation of the league until the conclusion of the rookie draft.
    (d) After the end of the season waivers will remain open until ESPN deactivates the league

Going on what was said when I joined last year it had been agreed that were would be no pick-ups after the season ended. Also, the rules posted state that "waivers" will remain open. Currently there are no "waivers" so I don't think the additions should stand. Those players should be there for the FA draft or there's not going to be much points. At least that's how it was explained to me last time. No?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

If it was agreed waivers would remain open and that possibility isn't available and only FA is then FA should be allowed as its been agreed team changes can be made and that's the only way it is possible to do them.

By all means if people are unhappy then I think it should be looked at again for the next season and a policy that is actually workable be introduced, but I don't think you can start demanding players be there for an FA draft that have been picked up.

Hmmm... I think it's probably better to continue the way things have been and have all player acquisitions wait for the FA auction. Next season's auction won't be very meaningful otherwise. I don't know, what does everyone else think?

Hmmm... I think it's probably better to continue the way things have been and have all player acquisitions wait for the FA auction. Next season's auction won't be very meaningful otherwise. I don't know, what does everyone else think?

Whether players are picked up now or not wont affect the FA auction later this year all that much. We all have to cut to 25 before the rookie draft so that frees up 5 players each that will go into the FA pool (some will have to drop more if they have more than 5 rookie picks). I'm also not sure when ESPN will deactivate the league so players values may increase from deactivation of the league and the FA auction

Most of the options in the league are blacked out for me so I cant change anything even if I wanted to. In my opinion there is very little difference in being able to pick up a FA now or submit a waiver request for that FA that will be run the next morning

Personally think that rosters should be locked from end of our season.

I for one, and I think others too, worked under this assumption and paid no attention to the league.
    Obviously, behaviour would have been different if people thought players were up for grabs.

Though maybe I'm in the minority in this understanding, as 4 different teams have been picking guys up over past couple of weeks

Not too bothered about these pickups in particular, would just like clarity so we're all operating under the same rules

Imo whatever it says in rule book is locked until next season.

Btw, is there a record of the polls anywhere on site?

• Advertisement

Btw, is there a record of the polls anywhere on site?

I can only hold one poll at a time and once I remove it it seems to disappear for good. I have kept a screenshot of the result for the two polls ran which I'm going to post up here once they are done

Advertisement